PDA

View Full Version : Rebels unite

dclare4
09-23-2002, 14:56
Would it be possible to do another faction that lumps all the European 'rebel' lands together with the faction behavior as REBELS? In reality most of these were independent/semi-independent principalities.

Gilbert de Clare

giskard
09-23-2002, 22:44
In theory... no. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

But you could make a rebel faction out of one of the other factions. One you dont use but rebels would still appear in the game unless you made some hefty changes to the campaign.

EG

All regions are very loyal with a low probability of revolt.

All regions are share the same religion and culture as your rebel faction (may cause problems with other factions though).

To be honest rebelions are one of the more interesting things to work with. They can change the way the game feels whilst playing it. The comments I got from my Rebel Dawn mod where most positive because I gave the rebels a far more dominant role.

Giskard

dclare4
09-25-2002, 10:44
Actually I think you're on the right track. I was thinking more in terms, though of the semi-independent and independent kingdoms and principalities that are treated as 'rebels' by the game such as Ireland, Scotland, Wales and what should be Brittany, Flanders, Champagne, Lorraine, Burgundy and Toulouse.

What I've done is made most of these 'rebel' provinces but given them lots of defensive troops and a castle so they're a pain to conquer or bribe. Having Burgundy as a separate faction along with Aragon helps a lot too.

Gilbert de Clare