PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly any way to edit names?

stilicho
09-23-2002, 22:59
I'd like to edit a few names to make them more historical. Also, is it possible to edit vices and virtues or personal stats? How about editing who starts with which country? Thanks for the info.

GilJaysmith
09-23-2002, 23:46
Quote Originally posted by stilicho:
I'd like to edit a few names to make them more historical. Also, is it possible to edit vices and virtues or personal stats? How about editing who starts with which country? Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Names sort of; you can edit the names by changing their translations in loc\
ames.txt

V&Vs no.

Initial region ownership yes, see text files in campmap\startpos subdirectory.

Gil ~ CA

stilicho
09-23-2002, 23:54
Thanx dude. Nice to know the games being supported on-line.

dclare4
09-25-2002, 10:48
Do check out my NameGame mod in the files section. Most of the names will be in the Description file but the titles will have to be changed in the startpos/ files section. W/c is kind neat since you can give different titles depending on when you start play. For example, Wales is ruled by the 'Prince of Wales' if you start in the Early and High periods but by the late period its the Earl of Pembroke. Similarly you get the Earl of Surrey for Wessex in the Early and High periods but the Earl of Arundel for the late period. Scotland starts out with a king, later its the Earl of Fife and finally the Lord Steward of Scotland.

Its just a shame you can't let the titles change when the period changes.

Gilbert de Clare