PDA

View Full Version : Turnmod

Thorbeck
09-25-2002, 20:32
I've been working on a mod lately which basically changes years to turns.

It was made due to the simple fact that I found the game a little short lived with the time limit.

So here's what I've done:
- Years to turns. Text including "years" changed to "turns" aswell.
- One now has 1000 years of extra gameplay. One would then start in turn 87 instead of year 1087 in the early period.
- Compass not necessary. Had to change due to "timewarp"
- Gunpowder is not necessary either. Due to "timewarp"
- Dead units are more bloody. Cause they aren't at all originally! Added some bloodquirts and stuff. Looks nice!
- PLus some minor fun changes. These minor things won't effect gameplay. But I just edited some of the scandinavian names since I'm from Norway. Plus some other things.. hihi

Anyways... I'm still testing the installer for the Mod. But I will post an url and upload it aswell when I'm done. Also... Some events aren't included... The Golden Horde event is hardcoded I think so I can't fix that. Maybe in a patch when files are more external and not just hardcoded...

By the way.
See that many people are working on some nice looking mods.

I'd be more than happy to make an installer that includes all of them. Cause then they just "checkmark" what they want to install.

And ofcourse, credits of the modders will be included.

I mean, with so many mods out there. One can easily screw up original files.
And that's what I'm making failsafe for the moment.

But if you got a mod. And would like it included. Then please leave a post here with an url to it!

OK?

------------------
Regards,
Thorbeck, Earl of Norway.

[This message has been edited by Thorbeck (edited 09-25-2002).]

Thorbeck
09-25-2002, 20:55
Forgot this...

If we are to put together a "MODPACK" we need to name it something... So suggestions to a name would also be appreciated...

And remember. All authors of a mod must give me a valid emailadress for contact purposes. Updates and the like...

Don't worry. I wont spam.. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

NagatsukaShumi
09-25-2002, 22:02
Saaay...... does the blood squirt out when the guy gets hit and begins to die? If so that will rock.

------------------
Power to the Sultan!
-Clan Seljuk

I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.-NagatsukaShumi

Thorbeck
09-25-2002, 22:33
Quote Originally posted by NagatsukaShumi:
Saaay...... does the blood squirt out when the guy gets hit and begins to die? If so that will rock.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like I can make it happen!
Just edited a peasent and tried it.
It works!!!

Though this will take time. I'm gonna include it for sure!

The bloodstain on the units are placed where I find most logical... So they do look realistic... though unit graphics in MTW aren't great real close.. It sure changed the battlefield!

Ok. Me gonna do some blood now!

------------------
Regards,
Thorbeck, Earl of Norway.

NagatsukaShumi
09-25-2002, 22:39
Excellent, it'll me a great laugh to watch them ooze haemoglobin all over.

------------------
Power to the Sultan!
-Clan Seljuk

I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.-NagatsukaShumi