PDA

View Full Version : MoD Help Please

Galestrum
09-24-2002, 19:01
Hi all, i have never done a mod, but i have downloaded several from here already

After looking at the txt. files of the Mods, most of the "modding" looks very straightforward...

so i was wondering if there were any sites, threads, etc that provide a good knowledge base on how to Mod starting units, buildings, provinces etc

so that i may make my own mods?

thanks for the help

LordGuyOfRome
09-24-2002, 19:49
http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif the good old lookign around before asking? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Seriously, most o fthe info we got so far are summaraized here http://www.totalwar.org/MTWFiles/Docs.shtml

or in some other threads on this BB

regards

G

Quote Originally posted by Galestrum:
Hi all, i have never done a mod, but i have downloaded several from here already

After looking at the txt. files of the Mods, most of the "modding" looks very straightforward...

so i was wondering if there were any sites, threads, etc that provide a good knowledge base on how to Mod starting units, buildings, provinces etc

so that i may make my own mods?

thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

Galestrum
09-24-2002, 21:02
thanks...

a few new questions...

(1) when designating a castle in a province, the greater the number the more developed the castle?

as in ID_Constantinople 11 is a fortress where

a regular fort would be..

ID_Wessex 1

so each number represents an increase in the castle evolution?

(2) how do i directly modify units "in-game", ie which folders do i find unit stats and how do i modify them?

reason being is i want to make armenian hv. cav available to the Byzantines

i looked about in the DL files but saw no directions/explanations of how to do this, if it is possible at all

thanks again

LordGuyOfRome
09-24-2002, 21:36

(1) when designating a castle in a province, the greater the number the more developed the castle?
[/QUOTE]

I think so, yes.

(2) how do i directly modify units "in-game", ie which folders do i find unit stats and how do i modify them?

[/QUOTE]

I think there is a thread in this forum about it, try making a search for unit and see what pops up.

regards

G

The Sultan
09-24-2002, 22:09
There is a crusaders_unit_prod11.txt file in the root folder of your game where it sets various unit type attributes - there is heaps of stuff on editing it in the forum.

I think Byz. can build them providing they have conquered armenia, rum or lesser armenia - which does seem to make sense.

Theory goes that you would add another province to the list and then they can miraculously build them as well...

Do a find for 'ArmenianHeavyCavalry'
a few lines later you will see ' ALL_FACTIONS "ARMENIA,RUM,LESSER_ARMENIA" ' I think that's where you change it, I'm sure somebody else could confirm that... I'm really only making this up http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by The Sultan (edited 09-24-2002).]

giskard
09-24-2002, 22:18
Castles:

Thats right but there is no castle1 building, its simply called castle in the scripts. So if you need to edit scripts just remember, no 1's.

Giskard

Galestrum
09-24-2002, 22:52
thanks again!

problem however, you guys are correct that it does say ALL factions in the crusader.txt file, however,

i have tested it time and again, and cannot produce armenian cav with the proper buildings even though that filesays all factions?

any ideas?

The Sultan
09-24-2002, 22:57
Curious, I'll have a look tonight and see if I can get it to work... have you tried specifying byzantine instead of all factions?

Galestrum
09-25-2002, 01:14
as a matter of fact i did try the byzantine instead of all factions and it did not work hehe

im kinda lost now

i guess i will not even try to make merc only units available for building as that is more likely complicated

Galestrum
09-26-2002, 17:17
*bumpy*

for the armenian cav issue =P

The Sultan
09-26-2002, 17:26
Um... sorry I got a bit engrossed in my playable pope mod - I will have a look at this early next week because I want the pope to be able to make some other units for the next version.

I'm sure somebody already solved it in the forum somewhere