PDA

View Full Version : Hard coded limit on provinces?

Emerald Wolf
09-25-2005, 18:11
I would like to create a new map for my own use with XL mod, trying out a theory of using smaller, more historically accurate provinces. But I wonder... like the number of factions, is there a hard coded limit on how many there can be?

cutepuppy
09-25-2005, 19:14
Yes: 107, I believe.

Fader_it
09-26-2005, 00:07
I can confirm. And 40 sea regions, if i remember correctly. F. :book:

Emerald Wolf
09-26-2005, 05:19
so thats 147 total or 67 total. DO the sea regions count against the land?

Fader_it
09-26-2005, 10:05
:book: Sea regions are out of the count for lands.. the two kinds of regions are separated. If you want to mod the stratmap, i can give you an hint: use LMMv4 (LukMapMaker) from Wellington, it's really a fast work (if you follow carefully the provided instructions). You can download it in the Download Section of the .Org.
F. :book:

Belisarivs
09-26-2005, 17:52
:book: Sea regions are out of the count for lands.. the two kinds of regions are separated. If you want to mod the stratmap, i can give you an hint: use LMMv4 (LukMapMaker) from Wellington, it's really a fast work (if you follow carefully the provided instructions). You can download it in the Download Section of the .Org.
F. :book:

Doesn't it require some non free library? I had something like this, but my license already expired. But it could be something different. I'm making historically accurate regions, too.

Fader_it
09-26-2005, 22:18
Yes, it needs a visual basic library only available as a shareware that lasts a month. After that month, you have to download again the needed library. Note that you need to give your email to download the file and for multiple downloads multiple email addresses are required. F.

EatYerGreens
10-11-2005, 01:03
Yes, it needs a visual basic library only available as a shareware that lasts a month. After that month, you have to download again the needed library. Note that you need to give your email to download the file and for multiple downloads multiple email addresses are required. F.

Naughty, naughty! ~;)

Just out of curiosity, how much is the shareware fee?

And who is making the money out of it? The makers of Visual Basic (who have already been paid for each copy of their product) or the author of the map tool (who probably deserves more than a few beer-vouchers for their efforts)?