PDA

View Full Version : DarthFormations_8.0 standalone. Download Here!

DARTH_VADER
09-27-2005, 12:25
Could not wait to publish it! Here it is prior to my release of DarthMod_6.0(Maybe up to then I will change smthg). It is specially beta tested to play with RTR_6.1 and my DarthMod although it may be used with all other but I just cannot guarantee the same effects.

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=669

**********DarthFormations _Version_8.0**********

Installation instructions:

- Target your RTW directory (browse) and apply the installer.
For example:C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War
and not C:\ program files \Activision\Rome - Total War\data = wrong
- It works with any Mod!(Maybe undesired effects will occur with other mods such as SPQR (due to its lack of phalanx capable units). For full effects use my mod DarthMod_5.8 or RTR_6.1)

---Contents---(26/9/05)
-All aspects of version 7.0 plus:

-New priorities to help AI to choose the roman special formations more and also other.
-Special siege + bridge AI tactics
-Phalanxes will behave better and approach in discipline and order + not turn around all the time.
-Missile units will become even more less suicidal and become more energetic in flanking and skirmishing. A constant headache.
-Roman AI armies will use their discipline more in formations used by them and use guard mode by default + constantly use their shields and thick formations to withstand human armies.
-Flanking enhanced especially for cavalry.
-Many minor adjustments so as to keep full compatibility with DarthMod and RTR_6.1

Note :In order to preserve the fix of bugs that made impossible to keep army’s facing and structure with alt-click you MUST keep using my custom human formations.
If you use vanilla or any other custom made version you will not be able to keep it running.

----Short History since 6.0 version----

---6.0 version---

What it contains (as addition to old DarthFormations of DarthMod_5.0)

1)Corrects a CA bug that made sometimes the AI when defending to have one single unit very much in front of its army(the general most of the times) and be suicidal.
2)When you move anywhere a bunch of units there will be created a single line of 4
units and then if more will start a double line creation.(Previously it was for 2)
3)Eradicated a bugged AI CA command that made the AI overly aggressive
(especially in higher level of difficulties) and be suicidal. He will now pose a so
difficult defence, or attack you so strategically, almost as a good human player.
You will notice a big difference also in siege+bridge battles where the AI will not
be suicidal at all or very seldomly.(according to general)
4)Minor balancements in already good custom formations

No time to write more. Test for yourself!
I Have not included the text associated for custom human formations as it may interfere with other mods.It will work fine without it.
The AI is now so much difficult you will fear him!

*****Update DarthFormations_6.5*****3-7-2005

1)Created new dynamic swapping system for the AI to use for each formation he uses. For example when AI attacks he will drag his archers back to protect them and go forth with his heavy shielded infantry to withstand your bow fire. No more suicidal skirmishers-archers.
2)Given off-sets to attack formations so that they arrive in correct spot and begin their attack at full formation and not maneuver idiotically while you massacre him with projectiles or you attack him and he still wanders…
3)Have completely used new formation defence AI system. No longer isolated AI forces will attack you with no purpose. When you attack AI (he defends) he will use all map available to maneuver, skirmish, predate and act generally as a cunning opponent. Never again seen AI behaviour like that. You must test it.
4)New formation “Alexander the Great’s Phalanx” will be used from AI quite seldomly and when proportion of cavalry and phalanx is high.
5)Sieges+bridges battles enhanced
6)Generals behave even more cleverly and with heroism in certain circumstances.

*****Update DarthFormations_6.6*****13-7-2005
1)Polished the swap system
2)Corrected the known CTD error

******DarthFormations_7.0(standalone)********1-9-2005

The new version of my formations for the game of Rome:Total War are ready.
Since many have asked already I will publish the standalone version.
What it contains:

All aspects of version 6.6 plus:

-Better AI behaviour in siege + bridge battles.(AI troops will remain at a distance from walls so as not to be shot down. Progressively will attack the walls with their troops 1 by 1 and maximizing the casualties inflicting vs. suffering. In bridges AI will also remain on a good distance before assaulting. May skirmish first or send a few troops to attack and the centre army waits. Almost as Medieval total war battles if you remember. I want reports so as to enhance this because I have not beta tested it too much.
-Corrected the offsets of all formations for even better AI behaviour. Due to this AI will often use his troops to skirmish and wait for the outcome before attacking fully.
This happens also to custom battles, when proportion of missile units is enough.
-The missile units of AI will manoeuvre to the flanks while in battle and volley timed devastating flank projectile attacks to human armies. Also due to above mentioned offsets and these new settings, Human armies will suffer many losses form arrows and javelins from all directions.
-Corrected some minor issues reported or shown by me.
-Generals will be put better in each formation although in small armies you will notice them again to be on the right mostly. But as I have stated this happens in order to correct an awful CA bug that made many troops to exceed the limits of the AI formations and get uncontrolled.

Creator = DARTH VADER (TWcenter Forum,RTRforum)
thomadisnick@hotmail.com