PDA

View Full Version : Rivers (meneldil) and Normands

caesar44
09-28-2005, 11:20
Hi ,
I say again - a great mod ! ~:cheers:
2 questions (probably discussed before , yet...)
1. The Vikings came "from" the sea and used rivers , are you going to use Meneldil's work about landing troops "from" rivers ?
2. As you have said before , you know about the Norman "problem" and still they are in the mod , why ? What is your solution ?
~:cheers: again

ScionTheWorm
09-28-2005, 11:35
1. Yes, and meneldil is on the team
2. Probably underpowered at start since appearing factions in BI can't be playable. They will also probably be scripted in a lot of ways. It would be a shame to neglect them and it's a compromise we've made. Other than that I think someone else can answer this better than me

Rodion Romanovich
09-28-2005, 12:24
1. Scion already answered that... We'll have sea rivers, at least the parts closest to the see will mostly be made in that way, and bridges and normal river crossings will be used further upstream.
2. We're aware of it, but thought we'd use the Parthia solution to it. Normandy is significant and can't be established by a player in a way that makes sense and works with the rest of our ideas, so we chose to have them underpowered before 911. For example the Danelaw, which we haven't included, was established by Danes and at times held by the same Danes who held Denmark, and it was eventually destroyed, so there it's better to let the player or AI establish the faction in question. But for Normandy, that isn't really possible. I hope that answers your question. Perhaps, but only perhaps, we'll find a way of making Normandy emerge with the help of BI. But the problem that would lead to is that Normandy would be unplayable, which would be a shame. So I think the current solution will be used.

caesar44
09-28-2005, 12:29
Thanks for your answers .

GoreBag
09-28-2005, 18:24
Is it possible to hand ownership of a region over to a different faction with a script? If so, Normandy could just kind of 'swap in' and begin as Normandy after its 'establishment'. This would require, though, that Normandy have a very tiny, near invisible province to one side of the map or something of that nature.

Meneldil
09-28-2005, 18:35
I think Epistolary Richard told me this (changing prvince ownership through script) was not possible right now.

PseRamesses
10-03-2005, 14:53
Are seas still divided into sea and deep sea, like in MTW? If so, certain "river-vessels" could be used. Like the vikings shallow hull. This makes huge naval ships unable to navigate rivers and you´ve given the "viking-factions" a realistic edge.