PDA

View Full Version : Moors/Bedouin added, Roman Rebels consolidated

The Blind King of Bohemia
10-02-2005, 20:18
I noticed there is evidence of other factions CA were planning to add - the Quaddi, Laxyges and the Marcomanni. Two however, the White Huns and the Moors, were really far along, the Moors even having their own unit cards. So I got rid of the Eastern Roman Rebels, consolidating them into one faction, Roman Rebels, and using the Moor stuff have added the Bedouin Tribe in Arabia, adding a couple of provinces down there. They are pretty much a Berber clone, but have some CA made nice red and grey skinned versions of their units, so they look pretty professional. The only problem is that their strategy map settlement flags don't appear to be in the game so I just used the Berber one for the time being. I also had to make their loading screen symbol, which wouldn't be all that bad if it didn't have a black square around it! They might be fixed for a future release though. I'll probably release it today or tomorrow if people are interested. I'll try and get some pics up soon too.

Sundjata Keita
10-02-2005, 20:55
Wow, definitely interested, I tried adding those factions to the original total war nearly a year ago, glad to hear CA made some professional ones.

King Ragnar
10-02-2005, 20:57
Nice work BKB.~:cheers:

King of Atlantis
10-02-2005, 21:12
Yeah, I noticed those factions too, to bad they didnt go with them and make more faction room.

snevets
10-05-2005, 03:41
Pretty cool. You mentioned a black square around your faction symbol. The problem is in your alpha channeling. When editing in photoshop, on the layers tab, go to the next tab over to "channels" White equals visable and black invisable, greys are shades of opaque. select all the black on your original layer in the layers tab, then go back to channels, alpha, and hit select - inverse. Paint this area white, leave the rest black. Save as a .tga or a .tga.dds. Done.