PDA

View Full Version : Simple mods to improve gameplay?

afrit
10-07-2005, 05:01
First off, kudos to CA for improving the AI. It's clearly better. Unfortunately, the game is still too predictable at times.

So, I am interested in simple mods to improve/spice up gameplay. I want mods that I can implement without having to download lots of files etc..

Right now I am trying out the following in a Hun campaign:

1. Increased character movements from 80 to 160 (in descr_character.txt). Because of the improved pathfinding, this works much better than in the old 1.2. I am hoping Hordes will become more dangerous because of the extra range.

2. Modded out the ability to build watchtowers (remove build_wathtower in descr_character.text). Also removed towers from descr_strat.

3. Modded out making spies in export_descr_buildings.

4. Modded out brigand style rebels in descr_strat.txt (increase spawn value to 1000).

I am hoping that with 2 & 3, there will be more "surprise" in the game, as I cannot deploy spies/towers and catch approaching enemies. And with the extra range from 1, I am hoping the AI will throw me a suprise.

I'd like to know if anyone has tips on similar simple mods that they have found to improve gameplay.

thanks