PDA

View Full Version : Res Publica Romanorum

Faeghi
10-08-2005, 07:04
Greetings,
I have a modifcation idea that i have thought and planned about for some time, this modification will be for BI. I present to you my modification idea, Res Publica Romanorum

This modification starts at 509BC and ends at 268BC the Roman Republic has just been established. The Roman leaders Brutus and Collatinus are the republic's first consuls, war is coming. Whilst Samnites and the Sabines are becoming Romes greatest enemy in the Italian mainland, tribes fight for total domination for the Italian Peninsula, but they arn't the only ones fighting for domination.

In the east the Multi Ethnic Persian Empire is at the height of its power and plans the invasion of the Greece. Where the Greek City States such as Athens and Sparta and many others prepare to defend their lands.

Meanwhile Carthage has been braught into increasing conflict with the Greeks, the other major power contending for control of the central Mediterranean. The island of Sicily, lying at Carthage's doorstep, is about to become the arena on which this conflict will be played out.

Italian Factions
Res Publica Romanorum
Samnium
Sabini
Umbria
Etruria

Magna Graecian Factions
Kapuê
Neapolis
Subaris
Taras
Lokroi
Kroton

Hellas Factions
Athenai
Lakedaimon
Argos
Thessalía
Ípeiros
Samos
Yona
Makedon

Barbarian Factions
Thrake
Illyrikon

Eastern Factions
Persian Imperium
Carthage

Others still undecided, taking suggestions

This modification is going to be for Barbarian Invasion, if i have missed out any factions or spelled incorectly please tell me so, my history is not good with Rome, so any historians could help out in this mod, i also need skilled coders, campaign map editors and Graphics artists and designers, anyone who wishes to help plesae post here,

The reason why i like this idea is because it focuses on two or three major events occuring at this time, but some of the factions took no part in some of the events, so you have got the Domination of Italy, the Persian Invasion and the wars in Sicily.

The campaign map will look like this if this modifcation starts, it will stretch from Asia Minor to North Africa, size will be very big like Age of Hellas's map size,
https://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8050/rpr7re.jpg
I understand if this modifcation idea gets no repsonse, many people are busy with the new expansion and other modifications but if you can help in anyway possible it would be greatly appreciated, as i work on my Rise of Persia and TS:TW this mod is one i have though about for along time and i thought now would be the time to try and make it reality.
Faeghi