PDA

View Full Version : BI_Gameplay_fix_1.2_download here

DARTH_VADER
10-08-2005, 18:25
Download here! http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=671

Barbarian Invasion Gameplay fix Version 1.3

By

Darth Vader

This is an urgent small enhancement (I plan to grow it as you got used to it) to improve vitally the gameplay of the expansion BI. Small changes of files to help the AI play better and also extra.
What it contains:

-Implementation of DarthFormations_8.0 to BI (Have not altered siege+bridge AI tactics. I have to test it thoroughly.
-Realistic movement unit speeds.
-Realistic projectile speeds
-Morale boosts of units.
-My extra custom locations for custom battles.

That’s it….for starters.
I hope you trust me that the above mentioned is a good enhancement.
Need your comments.

Installation:

Target your RTW directory by browsing and install
(for example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War
and not C:\games\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data=wrong)

update V1.1 (2/10/2005)

Synoptic changes:

-fixed projectile velocities to fit new speeds and also created new model of arrow special for long range bows.
-Balanced stats to feel like DarthMod series (Kept units default match ups)
-Removed peasants from building queues of all factions and also are unavailable to custom battles. They are only available to rebel spawning and also the AI uses better armies without them in quick battles.
-Balanced berserker units to be not supernatural but effective.
-Changed mass settings of units, mounts, projectiles for a better game battle dynamic and feel.
-Made some changes in formations to be better adapted in BI.
-Removed trails from projectiles for better frame rate and also better visuals.
-Wall towers fire in smaller rate of fire.
-Inserted Darth Human formations of DarthFormations_8.0 to fix again the bug of all unit keeping formation with alt-click.
(Previously I had left the same of CA’s but with no spacing between units modifications but the problem persisted)

update V1.2 (8/10/2005)

Synoptic changes:

-Made some changes in formations to adapt better in BI
-Made swimmers to be isolated from bridge and try to flank and surprise and not suicidally assault (and that seldomly).
-Produced fire arrow also for long range archers. All archers now can have fire arrows.
-Carefully balanced mass for mounts+chariots+elephants for a more realistic impact of charge and toss of troops and also to balance their power.
-Balanced stats to make cavalry effective but not overpowered. Spearmen have a better chance to repel them when in cohesion and stand.
-Made gate arrows+ballista to fire in even more less rate of fire (In big walls the besiegers could not breathe by the terrifying turbo firing ballistae…)
-Balanced formations for better siege+bridge AI.(Given some offset and distance of troops from walls etc.)
-Eradicated some peasant traces left
-Removed priests,monks etc.(I do not like this comical units sorry)
-Now the quick battles are producing better auto-pick troops.(Without Peasants+monks+etc)
-General unit balances
-Included the happiness mod of quin.(It has very good effect in campaign squalor)

Note:I have found a way to make AI use precursor missiles (new CA bug) but this results to force AI use these
units as skirmishers so I dropped the idea...

***Urgent fix 1.25***

-Unfortunatelly I found out that testudo cannot be used by AI and CTDs when it tries too.So I changed this to shieldwall.I have tried to include
testudo to romans but no lack.Pls update urgently

***Urgent fix 1.3***
I am feeling a little emparassed but due to my haste I did a typing error and the formations do not work for sieges.
But I corrected this quickly don't you think?You MUST use 1.3 bcs you will get CTD's.

The gameplay is GREATLY improved. Feel it yourself and report to me!