PDA

View Full Version : I was bored....so I made this

Bwian
10-11-2005, 21:23
https://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9403/jpark4oy.jpg

Got stuck in a rut making robots, so I threw this together from a model I made a while back. I managed to force it onto a skeleton, and he came out rather well!

I need to sort out how best to manage the riders... the elephant code seems to want two... but I only want one spearman tops...

al'Callaendor
10-11-2005, 22:59
it is very good, continue:thumbsup:

Alexanderofmacedon
10-11-2005, 23:07
Wow! There was a triceratops one in some other thread. Pretty cool. I can see it now: Dinasaur: Total war

al'Callaendor
10-12-2005, 00:00
... or Jurassic Park : Total War~D

Myrddraal
10-12-2005, 01:32
great model!......

al'Callaendor
10-12-2005, 01:58
the Dinosaurs will come the master of the world!!!~D

wlesmana
10-12-2005, 05:07
Excelent model!!

If you only want one rider, why not use horse skeleton?

Bwian
10-12-2005, 09:34
Horse skeleton has a couple of issues....

1) It has the wrong animations sets. Each skeleton has a prescribed set of 'movements' which are linked to the actual animation played. Since it is just a mount, the horse has no actual attack animation. This can't be changed as far as I know. I would also have had to re-do all the walking and running animations to reverse the rear knee joint. I was able to use stock Elephant animations to power the Rex!

2) Unit size.. Horses come in larger numbers, and the smallest unit size for them is 40 ... seemed like more Rex's than would fit with the combat power of a 20 ton meat-eater! I would also have had to mess around with lots of stats etc. It should also be simple enough to remove the spare riders. Set their ammo to nothing, and replace them with a tiny model 'box' and move the co-ords inside the beast. Problem solved. Then, of course, I would need to think about what kind of people would tame T-Rex's and use them as mounts.....

In the longer run, I don't have plans to turn this into a major Mod... it's more of a fun thing really to break up the work and give me a fresh perspective on the Metal Mayhem mod. Who knows, though .... I might do a few more when I get some free time!

Alexanderofmacedon
10-12-2005, 13:47
They have their hands on their hips!~D

wlesmana
10-12-2005, 16:50
How about making them a pet/handler unit? Let loose the dinos!!! RAWWR!!!

Bwian
10-12-2005, 17:34
Er.... who's going to hold the leash on one of THOSE!

It's a thought.... but last time I tried to make another model replace the dog, I found that you could only have ONE dog model in the game. There was no way to have different dog models in play, so I left that well alone!

Roberto
10-12-2005, 22:29
be bored mote often~:cheers: