PDA

View Full Version : WWII:Total War

jullii caesar
10-13-2005, 21:59
Hi im just now starting a mod for rome total war i like WWII games so i was planning on making a WWII strategy game.I am not an experinced modder but with a little help i can get good at it and i havent made any units yet i just started in this whole thing.With help from some people who would like to join would be great.Thanks.

If this is topic is not on the right area plaese move it.:help:

shifty157
10-13-2005, 22:22
Good luck bud. Youre taking a path that many others have tried but none have succeeded. Im not trying to disuade you but do realize that you are up against some tough odds due to hardcoded aspects of the game. You may also find it rather difficult to assemble a team as after however many failures the community is rather skeptical as to ww2's feasibility.

I myself would ecstatic to see this mod really make progress but im too busy in other areas to help you out. Sorry.

jullii caesar
10-13-2005, 22:29
Thats ok im still learning though so it might take a while im starting to think i mite make the archers into rifle man so when they reloading the arrows it will look like they are reloading the rifles.But your right it is hard to make a mod that is in WWII.

Alexanderofmacedon
10-13-2005, 23:06
I think it would be time consuming and you wouldn't really get a good result. The RTW engine is not really made for a 'gun' game. In the era with guns they used things to use for cover, they didn't charge in block units...

It'll be hard, but I'll offer support along the way!:bow:

richyg13
10-13-2005, 23:08
our mod passes through this period and beyond so we're look at ways to break through the limits :) our mod's units for this period wont be very varied tho.

jullii caesar
10-14-2005, 06:21
Ya i think i mite just cancle this one .

Alexanderofmacedon
10-15-2005, 04:23
That's too bad. I hope I didn't have anything to do with it~:confused:

jullii caesar
10-15-2005, 19:15
Oh nothing at all just that my game is having bad errs.

Vikings
10-26-2005, 03:51
Wish Axis & Allies (newer) was like RTW.