PDA

View Full Version : ShambleS Server will be down

Shambles
10-14-2005, 18:07
hello Just letting you know,

That my STW server Will be down tomorrow "15/10/05" From about 730pm till about 8:30

just letting you Know :)

ShambleS
:bow:

Shambles
10-15-2005, 20:39
Ok Server is back up and running now,

Sorry for Anny inconvinience.

ShambleS

Togakure
10-21-2005, 00:53
Nice to see this level of service, Shambles m8. :bow: Miss the games and the chats :embarassed:. I hope to have some more with you, Drisos, Trish, Methos, Trajan and the new gang before too much time passes. As it stands I don't even have my disks here; they're packed back in Reno, and will be shipped to me in the near future. I'll have to take a look at the 'puter upstairs and see if I can get MI running on it (and may need to tap you for technical advice ... it's been a while since I've had to tweak much).

Just A Girl
10-21-2005, 01:54
Nice to see this level of service, Shambles m8. :bow: Miss the games and the chats :embarassed:. I hope to have some more with you, Drisos, Trish, Methos, Trajan and the new gang before too much time passes. As it stands I don't even have my disks here; they're packed back in Reno, and will be shipped to me in the near future. I'll have to take a look at the 'puter upstairs and see if I can get MI running on it (and may need to tap you for technical advice ... it's been a while since I've had to tweak much).

Hello.

He was banned from the forum, So use msn for advice :).

Drisos
10-21-2005, 08:31
He was banned from the forum.

Ever since he registered, he has contributed greatly to these forums. Because of him, I can play my fav game in mp with friends. He helps out anyone with tech problems when he can. He is nice. Now he gets banned?

EDIT: Thanks for claryfying, Mouzafphaerre. I edited some things out because they weren't correct.

Thanks for trying to help Trish. I appriciate greatly you're being a good friend...

But atm the only reason I would mind get banned is my friends in stw here. If I will suffer because I have comments on staff so be it.

Mouzafphaerre
10-21-2005, 09:00
It's not about what you think drisos...

Just A Girl
10-21-2005, 09:01
Drisos please refrain from discussing shambles disiplinary action,
It wont help Him or you and could cause you to suffer as well.

The server stays up so no need to worry :)

Shaka_Khan
10-26-2005, 08:02
How did that happen to Shambles?

Drisos
10-26-2005, 08:14
Long story... Best to read the 'Blocking the stupid spammer' thread in watchtower, Shaka~:)

please check your pm box btw... I'm arraning stw mp evening saturday and it'd be nice to see you too~;)

:charge: :bow:

YoJimbO_WuXin
10-26-2005, 22:17
Hi all, back from the dead!

Pretty shocking to read all the news 'bout ShambleS, pretty shocking to hear his reactions, yet they're understandable, I guess...

Either way it's a shame to lose him, fair play to him for keeping the server going though, hope I meet you all out there sometime soon!

Good to be back ~:cheers:

Drisos
10-27-2005, 10:11
~:)

Pretty shocking to read all the news 'bout ShambleS, pretty shocking to hear his reactions, yet they're understandable, I guess...

Either way it's a shame to lose him, fair play to him for keeping the server going though, hope I meet you all out there sometime soon!

Good to be back ~:cheers:

Good to see you back... I was starting to get worried... I missed ya~:cool: Have yo checked i'm in the foyer no thread? are you coming too saturday? its 7 now I thought~:)

Drisos
10-29-2005, 15:47
Shambles server is down atm too... I hope he fixes it before our SoS evening starts... ~:eek:

Just A Girl
11-04-2005, 17:10
Well I did Eventualy fix it :P
Was all to do with my Ip forwarding service,

------------------------------------------

ANY WAY.

heres a warning,

If you have any plans to be using the server All day monday. 7/11/05
(thats The seventh day of the eleventh month in the year 2005 a.d)
it may be good to know That......

I will be preparing for a christmas with a house full of children,
my daughter or my sisters Daughter's Will be shure to Jam a turkey leg in the dvd drive or some thing.
So The server is being mooved for Saftey reasons.
Although the whole matter should not be notiocable,
I Thought it would be best to warn people,

The server should not be down for more than 18 minuets.
few minuets to shut down,
then dismantle and moove,
Followed by reassemble,
And then Reboot.

Just thought Id let people know.

Just A Girl
12-07-2005, 18:24
Ok,

Weve been having problems with our fuze's here so The server is going down whilst i replace the main fuze box,

server should be up within an hour,

Thnx

Just A Girl
02-11-2006, 03:34
Ok server will be down for aproximatlty 10 mins....
It seems quiet now so i will do it now.

Small ram Upgrade. and a bit of a fiddle with the registry to fix the ocasional server shut downs I expirienced Last month.

Should be up and running again before people read this post.

Just A Girl
02-11-2006, 03:45
Ok all done.
Server should Not switch off for no reason ever again.
(stupid usb modem's)

And a small 512mb Ram upgrade was installed.
This should also help keep the server up and running constantly.

This should be my Final post in this thread now.
The server pc is now fully updated to the specs i wanted when i first began to set it up as a server pc.

The server is now capable of accepting Uploaded files,
and allow you to download files Via HTTP

We can use it to store battle videos, excetera.

And Unless i loose power over here.
The server will always be running from now on.
24/7 365

Shin-GaiJin
02-11-2006, 09:56
The community owes you a great debt, without your server we should surely perish!

Oh btw...to any mods who read this, isnt it about time Shambles account was re-enabled. I was never aware of the transgression that brought on the disciplinary action but in light of the service that this guy does to the community and his subsequent behaviour leads me to think that the community mods should maybe act on this in a positive way and reinstate him.
I read his recent post here about cavalry strong armies, and although I think him wrong on the subject, he puts forward strong well thought out views. He puts them over in a way that relates these feelings in a very positive and forthright manner, so much so that I can see how other forum users could react in a likewise manner (reminds me of how Toga used to post sometimes...no offence Toga m8)
Hes been Just A Girl too long and I fear this may be starting to have an adverse effect on his masculinity!~;) so cmon mods give him a chance ...eh?

ShinGaiJin

HunkinElvis
02-11-2006, 13:58
After all, he is Just A Girl. ~;)

Just A Girl
02-11-2006, 15:18
Hey hunkinelvis!!

theirs a nother tourney... This time with a prize..
were nearly full of applicants...
Time to join perhaps.. Show us how its done???

:)

P.s

Thanx for the vote of confidence shin-gaijin.
but i think every 1 will be happyer if things stay how they are.
Punishment is served, And deserved.
I will take the loss of ShambleS as a warning as to what happens if you distrupt the forum,
And hopefully so will every 1 els.
So lets not reinstate him...
It may make others push the boundaries to far if they see that i get my account back after a while.

I can take the subtle innuendos about my masculinity.
all is good.

and any way It means trish can keep an eye on me And make sure no hot chicks Pm me.

arcade81
02-13-2006, 19:15
and any way It means trish can keep an eye on me And make sure no hot chicks Pm me.

"If i change my name more hot chicks will PM me...?"

Excellent news on the server upgrade!

Kansuke
02-16-2006, 22:44
Server down? Got failed to connect message.

AggonyBetou
02-16-2006, 23:38
Me aswell....

Just A Girl
02-17-2006, 02:56
Yep dsl went out over here for a while.
I was not here when it happend either.

Happens 1ce in a while, But should be good now.
"one of those things i cant do anything about im afraid"

Just A Girl
02-27-2006, 11:04
Would you believe it....

Server has to go down today. for an undisclosed period of time whilst i do XP updates.
(pain in the ass)
So it will be going down about now
10am GMT.
and should be back up before 11am GMT.
(cant guarantee anything as i dont know howmany updates there are untill i do them.)

Any way.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Just A Girl
02-27-2006, 11:20
Server is back up.
was down for aproximatly 11mins.

Hopefully no one noticed.

Togakure
03-02-2006, 16:09
The community owes you a great debt, without your server we should surely perish!

Oh btw...to any mods who read this, isnt it about time Shambles account was re-enabled. I was never aware of the transgression that brought on the disciplinary action but in light of the service that this guy does to the community and his subsequent behaviour leads me to think that the community mods should maybe act on this in a positive way and reinstate him.
I read his recent post here about cavalry strong armies, and although I think him wrong on the subject, he puts forward strong well thought out views. He puts them over in a way that relates these feelings in a very positive and forthright manner, so much so that I can see how other forum users could react in a likewise manner (reminds me of how Toga used to post sometimes...no offence Toga m8)
Hes been Just A Girl too long and I fear this may be starting to have an adverse effect on his masculinity!~;) so cmon mods give him a chance ...eh?

ShinGaiJin

Lol, I seriously doubt I could take offense to anything you posted, Gaijin-san. There are few out there who can match you in fairness or courtesy. This made me chuckle--thanks. Yes, ShambleS and I are both a bit ... passionate in how we express ourselves sometimes. It's good to look at the big picture, and time span, when passing judgement on someone's behavior in an environment like this. I too feel that ShambleS has contributed a great service to the STW community. I also think that staff have been generous in how the "incident" has been handled. In all it's worked out ok.

"Used to?" Hehe. I've just been very busy pouring all my passion into other things, and haven't been here much as I am unable to play. I'm sure that I can find my dander about something here once I can jump back into the fray and play again. The passionate outbursts are often some of the most interesting reading/opinions here.

Shin-GaiJin
03-02-2006, 21:57
:eeeek: Pheww I got away with that one!!Hiya Toga I do miss our chats on MSN mate hope you are keeping well. I take it that you are no longer able to play the game anymore...a great shame m8!

Take care

ShinGaiJin

Togakure
03-03-2006, 03:25
Yeah Mr. Gaijin, my PC finally blew last Fall, and I haven't yet replaced it. I've been using my flatmate's PC to access forums in the meantime. I've also moved to the Eastern US, I work all the time, etc., etc. I do have my STW discs, but don't feel right loading games on my friend's PC (besides, he is constantly tweaking it and it isn't very stable ...). So, I will abstain until I replace my comp.

While it is frustrating not to be able to join in to what looks to be the most organized and challenging competition for Shogun in a very long time (the tourney that Tomi Says and company are hosting), I am glad to see some old timers coming back with rekindled interest to my favorite online game. I hope all those who participate have a great time with it. I will enjoy spectating here, though I wish I could watch the battles.

I'm also curious to see how things go if 1.02 is used but the "typical" rules used to "balance" armies are not. I've gotten so used to "4 max no ashi" that I'm wondering how successfully another rule set will work in a formally competitive event. If anything it should even the playing field a bit, except perhaps for the players that understand units and stats exceptionally well.

Anyway, this isn't the right thread for this so back on topic ... seeya in the wings, Gaijin-san.