PDA

View Full Version : Modeller Needed

sleighr
10-14-2005, 19:26
Sorry folks if I put this in the wrong forum.

I'm currently looking to team up with a modeller who is interested in making and adding new models/units but doesn't want to get involved in one of the big mods, like RTR or EB.

Up until now I have been working on the Carthaginian and Ptolemaic Mod with Titus Andronicus (you can find the latest version in TWC's downloads section). We were currently updating the Carthaginians and Ptolemaic Egypt, while starting to branch out into the Seleucid and Gauls. But Titus has withdrawn due to his course load at law school being too time-consuming.

I haven't the computer strength for modelling in 3dsMax 7 and can't afford it at this time, so I have been doing Info Cards, unit cards and textures while also doing research on the units themselves. Plus rewriting the text files for adding these units to the game (stats, history and so on).

I'm not interested in changing RTW into a new game, except perhaps for recruitment zoning, but that's my own separate bit. My goal is to create packs of historically correct (but not overly so, as close as can be) models to add to vanilla RTW, or for non-profit general use. These are not mods per se, but more like the miniatures kits you get in stores, with basic textures, info and unit cards, and basic text entries for players with little or no modding knowledge. Plus a little historical documentation where possible.

I'm looking for a modeller (or modellers) with some knowledge and ability to do the .cas files. Nothing big. Cut and paste for the most part with weapons, shields, helmet crests, etc. Anything else he/she might want to try is fine by me too.

My only stipulation is that this be an equal share, objective effort. I'm not interested in someone who will just make demands and refuse my requests simply because they want it to look cool. Nit-picking exact authenticity is not wanted either, or possible for that matter. Some units will be closer than others for the game's playability or restrictions. All units will be based for either or both the vanilla RTW map or Mundus Magnus.

I also have a job, a girlfriend, and a life, so don't expect me, as I won't expect you, to spend 24/7 on this. If you are involved or want to be involved in other mod teams, fine.

Again these are not mods, but "unit packs", to be updated when needs allow.
Anyone interested please send me a personal message either here or on TWCenter.net.

sleighr

Myrddraal
10-15-2005, 04:12
yep, wrong forum

ads go in Mod discussion pls