PDA

View Full Version : Help starting Barbarian Invasion (MSS32.DLL was not found)

Horatius
10-15-2005, 22:49
I just got Barbarian Invasion, installed it, and tried to play but I got a message "Thi application has failed to start because MSS32.DL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I re-installed the game several times, waiting impatiently for it to be reinstalled each time, only to get THE EXACT SAME MESSAGE EVERY TIME I REINSTALLED IT.

Can anybody help me in order so I can actually play the game I just spent a lot of money on?

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Kekvit Irae
10-15-2005, 23:08
It's the DLL for the Miles Sound System. To get it, download WinAmp (http://www.winamp.com) (the DLL is included). If you want it seperate, it's a bit more advanced. Just google for MSS32.DLL and search for info, but I do suggest just installing WinAmp instead.

Pericles
10-15-2005, 23:10
You can also download the DLL file here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

Kekvit Irae
10-15-2005, 23:18
At least with WinAmp you can make use of that DLL ;)

Horatius
10-16-2005, 14:27
Thanks I will download and see if it will work.

ShellShock
10-16-2005, 16:02
This all begs the question as to why you got this error in the first place - you shouldn't have to download this dll or winamp for RTW/BI. It is likely there are other problems with your system.

Good luck.

Orda Khan
10-17-2005, 16:27
Missing DLL has been reported before. The file should and probably is there. It should be in your Rome-Total War folder. I know of at least one case where the auto installer did not install the game in the right place and some files were outside of this folder. Good luck

.......Orda

Jochi Khan
10-17-2005, 16:58
I just got Barbarian Invasion, installed it, and tried to play but I got a message "Thi application has failed to start because MSS32.DL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I re-installed the game several times, waiting impatiently for it to be reinstalled each time, only to get THE EXACT SAME MESSAGE EVERY TIME I REINSTALLED IT.

Can anybody help me in order so I can actually play the game I just spent a lot of money on?

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Hi Horatius

I can solve your problem for you.
Go to the Apothecary and read the thread Problem Installing BI10-12-05

I have given the information how to solve it there.

DO NOT copy the mss32.dll file from your RTW folder to your BI folder, it will create a failed to initialize 3D audio error.

Edit: To make it easier, go to where your RTW folder is installed. (May be in Activision or Game folder)
If you see a RTW folder in there and BI files and folders, then drag and drop all into the RTW folder.
You should now be left with only a RTW folder in the Activision or Game folder.
Open the RTW folder and you will see all the BI related things in there. There should also be two icons, one for RTW and one for BI.
The game will now run.

Happy hunting

Jochi