PDA

View Full Version : How to play as mongols, start off with 999999999 in treasury and edit

Peterofnj
08-30-2002, 05:17
Here is how you can play as the Mongol or other minor factions in Medieval Total War.
Go to the folder in your hard drive where you install MTW.
(For ex.) C:/MTW/Campmap/Startpos/Late.txt

open up the late.txt file and go to the section where it says
SetActiveFaction:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE FT_MINOR

Change MINOR to MAJOR, now it should say
SetActiveFaction:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE FT_MAJOR

This will allow you to play as the Mongols. Changing other minor faction to major will allow you to play as those factions.

To add a short text description below for the mongol, open up C:/MTW/Loc/Eng/Changes.txt

Go down three quarters of the page and type/paste this line for example

@["FSM_faction_info_faction_GOLDEN_HORDE"]
@{"Faction Difficulty Rating: Easy. Playing the Goldern Horde is the equivalent of an easier difficulty... campaign."}
@{"The...whatever...end."}

There are many other editing you can do with this text (late.txt). By changing the treasury number of the default for example
SetTreasury:: FN_FRENCH 10000 8000 6000 4000
to something like this,
SetTreasury:: FN_FRENCH 500000 1234 50 10
you will have 500000 Florins in Easy mode,
1234 Florins in Normal, 50 Florins in hard and 10 Florins in Expert mode.

The Maximun florins you can have is 999999999

You can also set up specific troop to your liking at the start by adding for example:

MakeUnit::ID_SAXONY Archers 60 //FN_GERMAN_HRE

Basically you are telling it to create an archer unit of 60 men in the region of Saxony under German controll. If you want two identical unit of archers. Simply copy and past the entire line twice and you will have two units of archer. I would not recommend changing the unit size to let say 300 men in this archer unit because there is a maximun cap to a specific unit. Fooling around with the cap and MTW will probably won't load.

Another thing you can change is specify what building you want to have at the start or take away.

Go down three-quarters of the page and find these lines:

MakeBuilding:: ID_BURGUNDY Castle10
MakeBuilding:: ID_BURGUNDY Improved_farmland3

what this mean is built a Castle with a 10 rating. It is equivalent to a citadel.
A improve farmland of 3 is farmland+60%

You can add building by adding the original line for example:
MakeBuilding:: ID_BURGUNDY
and then add whatever you want at the end for example:
MakeBuilding:: ID_BURGUNDY Swordsmith2

Here is a tentative list of the max out top ratings and what it means:

Castle13 == Fortress (MAX)
Spearmaker4 == MAster Speaker (MAX)
Town_watch4 == Town Militia
Swordsmith4
Improved_farmland4
Bowyer4
Armourer4
Horse_breeder4

There is one last thing, to play as the mongol in the early period. (Yes, you can play, rejoice)

You need to change or add a few small things

1.)SetRegionOwner:: ID_CHERNIGOV FN_GOLDEN_HORDE

---translate, this mean a starting region where the mongols will be located---

2.)SetActiveFaction:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE FT_MAJOR

----add this line or no mongol selection---

3.)SetStartLeader:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

---add this line or no starting leader---

4.)AddHeir:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 1 13
AddHeir:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 1 11
AddHeir:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 1 5

---add heir or you know what---

5.)SetTreasury:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 10000 8000 6000 4000

---add this line or get the default 2000 Florins---

[Other miscellaneous things]
1.) To add buildings in Armenia, you need this line:

MakeBuilding:: ID_LESSER_ARMENIA Tavern

---That's right, it's call LESSER_ARMENIA.---

2.) Don't go crazy with building too many fortresses and what have you. Too many buildings and MTW won't load or troops might be taken away as a trade off.

3.) When playing as the mongol or any lesser faction, be careful at what you are building. If the building icon is missing (For example: the royal palace is missing and is replace by a rectangular frame that look out of place, don't click on it or MTW will crash. You have to know the minor faction weren't meant to be play with to begin with. So unless you want to write a program and make a patch for them... Alright them)

4.) Playing as the minor faction probably won't give you an ending. I look and I didn't see any ending extra for them. So if you do conquer the world with them, it will probably just flash back to the title sceen or at worst crash, Ha! Ha!

5.) If anyone notice, the Swiss armoured pikemen aren't exclusively from Switzerland.
Anyone can built them with a County Militia and a Master Armourer. It's a bug that needs to be fix.

6.) I can't seem to get the Gothic Foot Knight for the Holy Roman Empire. Eventhought I have master armourer, master horse breeder and baronial estates, those guys just refuse to appear in the built menu.

That's it, originally I plan to just stick the modify text for you guys to download and have fun. I ended up writing a somewhat of a how-to. Well, go and edit your own empire to your liking.

**always backup your original files before editing.**
you can e-mail me at poor_student101@hotmail.com

chilliwilli
08-30-2002, 05:37
I knew about playing minors, but that other stuff is very interesting for modding. Except The 999999 trick. I don't want to win by cheating.

Lord Krazy
08-30-2002, 05:50
if u don't want the game to crash u must
change all the relivant source files
and animations .It's better done as job lot.
more later.

Lord Krazy.

Peterofnj
08-30-2002, 05:52
I forgot to mention one thing. If you want to see full map. Type in

.matteosartori.

If you notice, this is the same code in STW and it still works. I love the guys at Creative Assembly.

Peterofnj
09-01-2002, 02:58
Rating and what it means?

1.) What does a castle2, a castle 5, a castle 8, a castle 10, or a castle 13 means?

It simply means castle and its defensive upgrade.

For example:

MakeBuilding:: ID_WESSEX Castle

---In this line, you are asking to built a basic Fort in the region of Essex—--

MakeBuilding:: ID_CASTILE Castle2

---In this line, you are asking to built a Fort with an upgrade of 2, meaning it’s now a Motte---

MakeBuilding:: ID_CASTILE Castle3

--- In this line, you are asking to built a Fort with an upgrade of 3, meaning it’s now a Motte & Bailey---

MakeBuilding:: ID_CASTILE Castle4

--- In this line, you are asking to built a Fort with an upgrade of 4, meaning it’s now a Keep---

so the list goes on until you reach the cap of a castle 13, which is a fortress with siege cannon towers.

2.)Armourer, Town_watch, Horse_breeder, Swordsmith, Bowyer, Improved_farmland, Spearmaker, etc, etc, ratings and what it means.

MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Town_watch4
MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Bowyer4
MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Horse_breeder4
MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Spearmaker4
Makebuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Swordsmith4
Makebuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Armourer4
MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Royal_court4
MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Improved_farmland4

In this example, a Bowyer with a rating of 4 in the region of Bavaria is a Master Bowyer. If you subtract 1, a Bowyer3 is a Bowyer’s Guild. If you subtract 1 again, A Bowyer2 is a Bowyer’s Workshop.

If you want a basic first level Bowyer, don’t add any rating at the end, leave it as is. For example:

MakeBuilding:: ID_BAVARIA Bowyer

---This is a Basic Bowyer---
The maximum cap for these buildings are 4. It Doesn’t go up to five or 15. Some buildings in the game doesn’t have ratings. They are:

MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Military_Academy
MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Mosque
MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Grand_Mosque
MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Ribat
MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Admiralty
MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Inn

MakeBuilding:: ID_ARAGON Monastery
MakeBuilding:: ID_ARAGON Reliquary
MakeBuilding:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE Chancellery
MakeBuilding:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE Constables_palace
MakeBuilding:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE Marshals_palace

If you want any of these building at the start, you need to type in the entire line. Just copy and paste.

**A merchant will go up to the maximum rating level of 2.**

MakeBuilding:: ID_EGYPT Merchant2

3.)Troops building:

A.)If you want a viking uit, type in this line:

MakeUnit:: ID_DENMARK Housecarle 60

---Yes, Housecarle is the viking---

B.) If you want a Italian Infantry unit, type in this line:

MakeUnit:: ID_MILAN ItalianLightInfantry 100

c.) If you want a Janissary unit, type in this line:

MakeUnit:: ID_RUM JanissaryHeavyInfantry 60

The reason why I mention these is because it is as direct as let say a Billmen unit, which is:

MakeUnit:: ID_WESSEX BILLMEN 60

4.)The region of Cyrenacia and Palestine.

These two regions have different name for them in the Text. For cyrenacia, it is:

MakeUnit:: ID_LIBYA BerberCamel 40

a.)---That’s right, making a Berbercamel unit in Libya is the equivalent of making a unit in Cyrenacia.---

MakeUnit:: ID_JERUSALEM SaracenInfantry 80

b.)---To make unit in Palestine, you need to type Jerusalem.---

***If you were wondering how to launch a crusade at the holy land, simple just built a chapter house, then make a cross unit(It’s a big crosss) Select the cross and drag it and dump it into Palestine. You crusade will begin…

***That’s all, I hope this is useful***

Questions??? My e-mail is poor_student101@hotmail.com

Peterofnj
09-05-2002, 12:36
How do you put troops that only appear in the Late period into the Early or High period?

This actually work both way. If you are playing as the Byzantine Empire, you will notice the Varagian Guards are missing in the Late period. You can off balance that by putting them back. Follow the following instruction:

1.) Go to: C:/Medieval Total War/Crusaders_unit_prod11.txt

**Very important, back up the original file before attempting to edit the text. If you mess up here in the editing and does not have an original to replace it, you will need to reinstall MTW for this text alone.**

The first part of the text is an explanation of the different string and what it means. You should read through this as editing this text will modify the strength, weakness and balance of the game.

I will show you one example of how to put the Varagian Guards (Byzantine) into the late period.

2.) Scroll down the text until you find the line beginning with VaragianGuard. It should be between Housecarle and OttomanInfantry.

VarangianGuard INFANTRY 550 10 2 0 80 60 1 OK "ORTH_LOYALISTS(-5), ORTH_REBELS(5)" "POVERTY_STRICKEN(20.1), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(201), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(160.8), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(160.8), CATHOLIC_TRADER(201), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(201), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(160.8), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(241.2), POPE(301.5), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(241.2), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(301.5), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(241.2), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(160.8), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(201), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(201), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(160.8), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(160.8), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(80.4), REBELS(201), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(110.55)" "{ SPEARMAKER3, ROYAL_PALACE }" "DEFENDER,STRONG" "EARLY, HIGH" YES "HEIGHT( 85 ), RADIUS( 25 )

3.) I copy and pasted only 1/3 of the text, so don’t try to paste this line back to the text.
4.) Look at the last four strings in this example which begins with :

"EARLY, HIGH" YES "HEIGHT( 85 ), RADIUS( 25 )

5.)This is what you will have to edit. Replace the original
"EARLY, HIGH" with this string "EARLY, HIGH, LATE"

5.) If you preferred, you can also replace it with ALL_PERIODS
6.) What that mean is edit the original “EARLY, HIGH” with either one of the two string

"EARLY, HIGH, LATE"

-------or-------

ALL_PERIODS

7.) If you want the Varagian Guards to appear only in the Early period, simply edit the original string

"EARLY, HIGH"

---with this string---

EARLY

8.) There are many things in the text you could change. I was editing this text up and down and tweaking it. My suggestion is, don’t tweak what is already working. If it’s not broken, don’t…well you know what I mean.

---To learn more about editing MTW, go to the mod Forum and look under the topic “How to play as Mongol, start off with 999999999 in the treasury…”

Daniel
10-20-2002, 00:18
How do you create Kings and heirs to rebels like the scots and can you change them to major factions too