PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: Islamic Conquests!

Faeghi
10-17-2005, 09:48
Greetings,
I am here to announce a modification for RTW BI, ladies and gents i present to you my modification idea,
Islamic Conquest

This modification starts at 633AD The decisive Sassanid defeat at the battle of Kadisiya begins Arab conquest of Persia, the Sassanians are in the struggle to save Zoroastrianism. Within one year of Muhammad's death in 632, Arabia itself is secure enough to allow his successor, Abu Bakr, the first caliph, to begin the campaign against the Byzantine and Sassanid empires.

So Begins the Islamic Conquests.........

Factions are still undecided, since my knowledge of this era is poor, i need historians who are able to help with this modification along with graphics artist, campaign map editors and txt editors along with others who wish to participate in this mod is more than welcome.

Current Factions
Islamic Caliphate
Sassanid Empire
Byzantine Empire
Frankish Kingdom
Visigothic Kingdom
Ghasssanids
Bulgarians
Slavs
Lombards
Avars
Aksumite Kingdom
Gök-Turk Empire
Syrians
Pratiharans
Saxons
Khazar Khaganate

There are many more factions to fill out the slots, but as i said my knowledge is very poor in this time period, appart from Sassanid Persia. If you know any factions that should fill up the slots please reply here.

The Current Team
eltrevo: Historian
ErikinWest: Reasercher
masteradnin: Historian

The map i will be using will be hopefully EB's Map. When i ask for permision ofcourse.

If you can help in any way possible reply here, thanks for your time,

To get the most info about it click this link
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35469&page=1
Faeghi

We need members who can skin, model, txt edit, historians, campaign map editors and so forth.

Myrddraal
10-22-2005, 03:25
Interesting and original, I don't think any mod has focused on this before.