PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus : Path to freedom

Narakir
10-18-2005, 23:06
Months ago before BI I had an idea of a mod, but it doing it for RTR would'nt be accurate in my view, but now with the new BI features I hope that my project can be. Spartacus : Total War, a mini mod/campaing featuring spartcus wars in Italy, the horde feature would represent very well spartacus' armies because he didn't managed to conquer any city in reality... but in the mod it can be different ~;) .

Actually I think of only two playable factions in the mod, spartacus and the roman army (forget the name) and the senate, the mod aimaing is to make a good challenge as playing romans and spartacus. When you play spartacus you're horded and must conquer Italy and take rome, with an non professional army so you'll have to be a good tactician to vainquish the roman army.

As the romans you control only few provinces with tendence to rebellion and not the best troops at the beging plus the pression of the senate who can send you troops if you're succefull in your task, but I'll be easiest than with spartacus. Rebellious roman will join spartacus in his fight for freedom.

The mod aim to be a real good challenge like Roma or SPQR are too, historical accuracy but with some "fantasy" things to represent thing that didn't happend in reality but can be in the game.

About troops : roman will have acces to all regular troops found in Italy at this time and spactacus a patchwork of small units of good gladiators, "AOR like" troops armed peasants ect... and may be some "fantasy" units after a moment to simulate what if spartacus had conquered cites and trained a real army. That's my idea of concept may be I hope to much form RTW, I hope it's possible to implement something like 1 turn = one week/month because spartacus rebellion lasted two years, but you'll have more than this to accomplish your goals.

Myself I'm a new skiner who can only do reskins actualy and do some text editting and 2d arts. I need some historians to do some searchs about this event and spartacus army composition (if it can be found...) so I don't know if it'll be necessary to do many new units in terms of moddeling. The map will focus on Italy, Scilly, Transalpine gaul an may be more if needed.

So the mod need :
- Historians
- Codders
- Mapper
- Moddler/Skiners (not sure)
- Experimented balancers

Also, I'm not against an alliance with an other project ~:) .