PDA

View Full Version : Pax Romana

King of Atlantis
10-19-2005, 02:45
https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/569/35tw.jpg
Welcome, the Predecesor for this mod was Pax Britannia (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35519), it made the romano-British playble. But this was kinda ahistorical. Also there was no way to historically make the slava and Ostrogoths playable. So the Idea Came up to move to a later date, where these factions could become playable. The problem is that moving back means some vanilla factions arent around. Thus this mod needed to expanded more than moving some factions around. Thus Pax Romana Was born!

The Mod starts in 419 A.D. This means the Vistagoths are newly moved in spain, Romano-Britian is independent, the saxon invasion have begun, and the huns are moving in! This is the climatical end of the Roman Empire, but it doesnt have to be so. You can rebuild rome and have peace once again!

This mod will feature realism to a much further extent than CA, but Gameplay will be greatly observed. New units will be pumped out for every faction, and garuanteed the Sassinids wont burn out your eyes~:) .

We are still doing research but as of now the Faction list is as follows:

Roman Cultures
Western Empire
(western Rebels)
Eastern Empire
Romano-Brits

Germanic:
Visagoths
Ostragoths
Vandals
Burgundians
Franks
Lombards
Saxons
alemanni
Angles
Suebi

Celtic
Picts

Steppe
Huns
Slavs

Eastern
Sassinid

African
Bebers

Youll notice that is 19 factions, that means we are open to discussion for a final faction. Most liekly it will be a small but fun Kingdom.

The Team:

King of Atlantis-Skinning, research, coding, PR
Borsook-Coding
PyrrhusofEpirus-Research
Xennik-Skinning
Atheist Peace-Map Maker
Grimsta-Skinner, research
PyrrhusIV- Research
Shogo-Modeler/Skinner
Ferret-Skinniner, Research
Ellyssian Warrior-Skinner,research
Lusted- Modeler/skinner, reasearcher

We already have a nice team, but we are eagerly awaiting more members to help us on our project.

Stay Tuned, more will be on the way!

Ianofsmeg16
10-19-2005, 13:23
sweet idea KoA...wish you well with it!

GrimSta
10-19-2005, 15:24
i think this looks good.....well, of course i think it looks good ~:cheers:

Helgi
10-19-2005, 18:47
Like the Faction list with the Western Rebels added, but wanted to ask, what is the end date since
"The Mod starts in 419 A.D. This means the Vistagoths are newly moved in spain, Romano-Britian is independent, the saxon invasion have begun, and the huns are moving in! This is the climatical end of the Roman Empire, but it doesnt have to be so. You can rebuild rome and have peace once again!"[/ [/QUOTE] the end of your sentence would suggest and rightly so if you are playing one of the Roman Cultures on a quest to rebuild and/or restore, you could kinda go to 619 or 719 ce and do what Medieval Total war and the BKB Super mod did with the Mongols appearing at a certain point but do it with the Arabs.:book:

King of Atlantis
10-19-2005, 21:37
the end of your sentence would suggest and rightly so if you are playing one of the Roman Cultures on a quest to rebuild and/or restore, you could kinda go to 619 or 719 ce and do what Medieval Total war and the BKB Super mod did with the Mongols appearing at a certain point but do it with the Arabs.:book:

well that is a good idea, but their is a couple of issues with it,

first the player would have to play 200 years(400 turns) to see the Arabs emerge. I dont think anyone plays that long. And second this mod was originally mad to make emerging factions playable, so it seems strange to add new emerging factions..[/QUOTE]

Most likely the new faction will be the Alans...

Quintus Cocceianus
10-19-2005, 22:48
I would Recccomend The "Roman Empire" of sorts under Count Boniface, as i have stated at the TWC.

I Would gladly join for Historical Research.

PyrrhusIV
Imperium Total War:duel:

King of Atlantis
10-19-2005, 23:16
Ryan that will certainly be a possible solution. We will of course discuss it further. It would be nice to have another Roman Faction as the units are alreeady done~D , very well done I might add..~:)

al'Callaendor
10-21-2005, 01:52
fine~;) ...

King of Atlantis
10-21-2005, 02:00
fine~;) ...

May I ask what this means, I think I may know, but im not certain...~:cheers:

al'Callaendor
10-21-2005, 02:29
maybe...or not~D

King of Atlantis
10-21-2005, 02:35
maybe...or not~D

:dizzy2: lol, Im so confued, just tell P.M with what you want to say~:)

btw, I have updated with the two newest members, they both will help greatly. We also have another skinner at TWC who ahs comitted though Im making sure its final before I add him to the list.

We will be coming out with a faction preview or two soon, but we need a person who can do faction Icons.

Also there are still spots open for talented modelers ;)

King of Atlantis
10-21-2005, 02:39
Also, Im not nearly our best graphics person, but here is my first skin for this mod, enjoy..

https://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3986/28sr.jpg

al'Callaendor
10-21-2005, 02:58
:dizzy2: lol, Im so confued, just tell P.M with what you want to say~:)

nothing at all~D you reflect too much

King of Atlantis
10-21-2005, 03:10
fine~;) ... ~D

al'Callaendor
10-21-2005, 03:14
so you are...and so I am.~D

Helgi
10-21-2005, 03:15
Also, Im not nearly our best graphics person, but here is my first skin for this mod, enjoy..

https://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3986/28sr.jpg
What's wrong with the Romano-British, King? They look fine, you can only do the best of capabilities:bow: no could ask more, once I get settled after the move on Saturday, I'll take a try at my first skinning.
:charge:

King of Atlantis
10-21-2005, 03:31
Nothing wrong, just expect even greater from my other skinners are better. ~:)

edit- Btw, Another new team member. Skinner and researcher. What we still need:

Scriptors
Modelers
2d-Artist(faction Icons)
Historians(deep knowledge of time)

Helgi
10-21-2005, 04:00
Nothing wrong, just expect even greater from my other skinners are better. ~:)

edit- Btw, Another new team member. Skinner and researcher. What we still need:

Scriptors
Modelers
2d-Artist(faction Icons)
Historians(deep knowledge of time)

And they will come, as for nothing wrong, yes the Romano-British Legionaries look ok, and yes in time they will look better, and I know that I will like what I see later on. Others will like as well. :book:

Abokasee
10-21-2005, 12:42
What's wrong with the Romano-British, King? They look fine, you can only do the best of capabilities:bow: no could ask more, once I get settled after the move on Saturday, I'll take a try at my first skinning.
:charge:

all one that skin is fine....but those kilts or short skrits, look rather odd

Helgi
10-21-2005, 13:07
all one that skin is fine....but those kilts or short skrits, look rather odd
eeehhhh, yeah the bottom of the tunics are a little odd, but I could not do any better in all honesty. If you have played RTR 6.0/6.2 you'll see Webbird's work or the skin's from Dimebagho.but his spartan skins are excellent. Once I get settled after the move I'll take a stab at skinning.
:book:

King of Atlantis
10-22-2005, 16:17
lol, whats wrong with them? The bottom of the tunics arerrealistic.. The are white withe the little circles, they really had those...

Zanderpants
10-22-2005, 21:06
This mod sounds great! I can't wait to try it. ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

King of Atlantis
10-22-2005, 21:23
Thanks, And everyone on monday you will all want this mod so much more~;)