Hojo
Satomi
Asai
Uesugi
Mogami
Date

rebels(other Daimyos)

total of 20 factions +rebels
So there will be big easy Clans and some little clans, very hard to play.

https://img323.imageshack.us/img323/9291/kamon8sm.jpg

Alrenative Mons for Imagawa and Mogami:

Imagawa
https://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1329/imagawamonu0mx.jpg

Mogami
https://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1520/mogamimon5uk.jpg

beauchamp
10-27-2005, 17:47
Isnt the Uesugi symbol the BI? or the symbol of Bishamonten? Or was that just the symbol for Kenshin Uesugi?

Heres what i think it might be: http://www.samurai-archives.com/image/bi.jpg

Anyways, the mod looks great and im totally stoked for its realease ~:)

Kagemusha
10-27-2005, 17:51
You are right the Bi was the personal Uma Jirushi of Uesugi Kenshin. The Mon we use is the Uesugi Mon used already before Kenshin´s time.:bow:

Kagemusha
01-28-2006, 22:01
Here is great looking colour chart for the faction colors made by Tomte of Doom.There can be little tweaks to it still but nothing major.And yes Tomte is back!:2thumbsup:

https://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2083/clancolors33qg.jpg

Lanfire
01-28-2006, 22:30
Go Tomte Go Tomte Go Tomte you can do it, you can do it ahah ahha :balloon2: :balloon2:

beauchamp
01-29-2006, 02:32
Jesus Maria, so cool!

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-29-2006, 11:39
Amazing TomT you are one hell of a drawing talent, wished you had interest in Napoleonic unforms as well, looking forward to play with those.

I like this project a lot.

LZoF

Lanfire
01-29-2006, 21:44
Don't take him away from this mod you :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: !!!

(ps i'm not serious ) :sweatdrop: or am I?

Revolting Friendship
01-30-2006, 02:58
Hehe, no need to worry Lanfire, I have too little interest in napoleonic uniforms and to much love for feudal japan to do any such thing... Cant say for sure that will never change thought. Anyway, thanks for the feedback people. :bow:

PROMETHEUS
01-30-2006, 22:35
I made a little change to the Uesugi unit .....

https://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9377/15er1.jpg

UglyandHasty
01-31-2006, 15:32
Your work is looking great gents ! When it is ready, i'll be there waiting for the download :bow:

Seign Thelas
10-25-2006, 21:00
It looks like you added factions in the color chart.

What's the final count?

Taneda Santôka
10-25-2006, 21:49
The color chart is the final count, 20 clans and rebels.:2thumbsup:

Vlad The Impaler
05-30-2007, 08:05
can somebody provide the strenghts and droops of the factions? or at least the special units
i know only about fire cavalry of takeda

Seijitai
05-30-2007, 09:47
Nope, it's currently under work... :beam: Be patient, lol ! :2thumbsup:

Vlad The Impaler
05-30-2007, 11:07
Nope, it's currently under work... :beam: Be patient, lol ! :2thumbsup:
~D

i'm patient but i am also curious. Shogun:Total War used to make me feel that i actually was in Japan and this mod looks (from screenshot and stuff) that will follow pretty much the spirit of the original game adding a lot of new stuff and therefore more posibilities:2cents:

Seijitai
05-31-2007, 00:45
No problem Vlad, questions and curiosity are always welcome... :2thumbsup:

It's stricly impossible for us to add a special unit for each clans... So we think about clan capacities... For example, Chosokabe Clan had the capacity to mobilize his samurais nearby immediately (these samurais/farmers carried their armor and yari everywhere, even in the rice fields...) so we are looking into the idea of a limited "minutemen" instant recruitement...

So, a lot of special units, no... but special mercs, like the "Men of Iga" and so... And some special capacities for some clans...

~D
Shogun:Total War used to make me feel that i actually was in Japan

It's our objective to make you feel that you live in those times... Except for three things we can't provide... The smell of rice, the taste of sake... And your mother/girlfriend/wife that will yell at you that it's time to eat... :laugh4:

Vlad The Impaler
05-31-2007, 09:38
The smell of rice, the taste of sake... And your mother/girlfriend/wife that will yell at you that it's time to eat... :laugh4:

that would not be a problem. my girlfriend is historian and his bachelor degrees work was about sengoku jidai period.
:2thumbsup:

few years ago i used to play shogun for hours and i have some scandal with her until one day when i decided to give her to read Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko. after she finished the book she decided that she will write her paper for bachelor degree about that period ~D

well, sounds good to add abilities for every clan~:smoking: sit & wait

Shautora
10-27-2007, 23:17
Is it possible to include the Ainu as a playable faction? Or will they necissarily be relegated to the rebels list?

Paradox
12-03-2007, 10:09
Is it possible to include the Ainu as a playable faction? Or will they necissarily be relegated to the rebels list?
I don't think they should be included, as they didn't participate in the battles of the period and had no affairs with any clans after the Ancient era.

Shautora
12-03-2007, 17:12
I don't think they should be included, as they didn't participate in the battles of the period and had no affairs with any clans after the Ancient era.

That's not true, they had very active trade with the northern clans and defended theyre territories well up until the introduction of the gun. They just aren't as common in discussion of period of because they were "barbarians"

Paradox
12-03-2007, 18:22
Defended their territories from who? Their only neighbors (who had more participation) were the clans of Tohoku, whom they didn't have any active affairs with. What do you mean by northern clans? Because I'm assuming you mean the Date, Mogami, etc.

Shautora
12-03-2007, 21:49
Defended their territories from who? Their only neighbors (who had more participation) were the clans of Tohoku, whom they didn't have any active affairs with. What do you mean by northern clans? Because I'm assuming you mean the Date, Mogami, etc.

This is just from the Wikipedia, so it's credibility is wanting, but it says:

The Nihonshoki is often said to be the first mention of Hokkaidō in recorded history. According to the text, Abe no Hirafu led a large navy and army to northern areas from 658 to 660 and came into contact with the Mishihase and Emishi. One of the places Hirafu went to was called Watarishima, which is often believed to be present-day Hokkaidō. However, many theories exist in relation to the details of this event, including the location of Watarishima and the common belief that the Emishi in Watarishima were the ancestors of the present-day Ainu.

During the Nara and Heian periods, people in Hokkaidō conducted trade with Dewa Province, an outpost of the Japanese central government. From the medieval ages, the people in Hokkaidō began to be called Ezo. Around the same time Hokkaidō came to be called Ezochi or Ezogashima. The Ezo mainly relied upon hunting and fishing and obtained rice and iron through trade with the Japanese.

During the Muromachi period, the Japanese created a settlement at the south of the Oshima peninsula. As more people moved to the settlement to avoid battles, disputes arose between the Japanese and the Ainu. The disputes eventually developed into a battle. Takeda Nobuhiro killed the Ainu leader and established a Japanese victory. Nobuhiro's descendants became the rulers of the Matsumae Han, which ruled the south of Ezochi until the end of the Edo period.

The Matsumae Han's economy relied upon trade with the Ainu. The Matsumae family was granted exclusive trading rights with the Ainu in the Azuchi-Momoyama and Edo periods. The Han gradually changed trade conditions so they came to favor Japanese merchants. As a result, some Ainu rebelled against the Matsumae han, but the rebellions were defeated.

Paradox
12-04-2007, 12:11
Yes, it says the same thing in SA, but again, the point is they didn't play a major role. They did not participate in any of the Shogunate's gatherings and weren't informed of any imperial announcements, making them have a disadvantage when compared to the rest of the feudal warlords.

Shautora
12-04-2007, 17:37
Yes, it says the same thing in SA, but again, the point is they didn't play a major role. They did not participate in any of the Shogunate's gatherings and weren't informed of any imperial announcements, making them have a disadvantage when compared to the rest of the feudal warlords.

I believe that being a major trading partner and stronghold of resistance constitutes a substantial role. They didn't have a major role across all Japan, but they did have a major role locally in the North. True, they did not try to conquer Japan, they did not hear imperial announcements, but notwithstanding they should be present, even if only as a non-playable faction. And also, remember, the game isn't about what happened historically, it's about what could have happened historically.

Paradox
12-04-2007, 18:57
Ahh, in that case, no problem. I just think they should be put aside since they weren't granted positions, income, etc.