PDA

View Full Version : Bif shields

giskard
09-08-2002, 12:49
Hello.

Is anybody any good at making shields in Bif format ?

I need a _lge and _sml shield for the rebels in my pagan dawn campaign. I made some and they worked but they dont look as good as the original shields do.

I wanted to make variations on the rebel shield for the none playable pagan nations too but that means 1 shield per nation as using the same shield more than once resulted in the game defaulting to the originals I found.

Check out the following directory and you see what mean.

Medieval Total War\campmap\shields

Custom shields can be saved off and used from there in single player mode but they dont appear in the places you would expect to see them in the game. They usually replace the loyality shields and other minor things.

I have not found a way to change the battle flags at all yet from the Real time game.

Giskard

Lord Krazy
09-08-2002, 14:15
what do want it to look like.
I'll get Lord black adder to do it
for you. I'd do only I'm going on holiday
as of today and wont have access to software
the facshields and flags in the battel folder
is what u want.tgas not bifs

LK

giskard
09-08-2002, 21:44
I just need something that is suitable for a rebel region. Something colourful. If your mate could turn one out in bif format for me that would be great.

I am not too bothered about the look, i just want rid of the grey shields.

Thanks.

Lord Krazy
09-08-2002, 23:34
I don't understand which shield u want now
if u want a bif then you don't want
a unit shield you don't want a flag
you just want a bif shield for the
campaigne.I mean I can do either but can,t
use a bif for the stuff in flags
and fac shields.so please clarifie or else
I might as well do a whole set of bifs and
tgas you need both if you want it to look
cosistant in a campaigne.

giskard
09-09-2002, 01:45
I need large and small shield files to use for rebel factions. The files have to be in BIF format and the place they are usually located is Medieval Total War\campmap\shields.

The ones already in that directory will give you the sizes and other info you need.

Giskard

Trousermonkey
09-09-2002, 05:32
You may want to contact this guy:
http://jgdahl.tripod.com/Flags/flags.html

He's done a flag mod for Europa Universalis II. He has a downloadable file filled with european flags from the period. I can't see why he wouldn't allow us to use some of his bitmaps for our own use...

Tm

Lord Black Adder
09-14-2002, 00:07
Quote Originally posted by giskard:
I need large and small shield files to use for rebel factions. The files have to be in BIF format and the place they are usually located is Medieval Total War\campmap\shields.

The ones already in that directory will give you the sizes and other info you need.

Giskard[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------
I do you lrg.shield ,if you are interested
in any specific amblem or flag let me know.

King David
11-05-2002, 09:48
Quote Originally posted by Lord Black Adder:
[/QUOTE]

I heard you could help with flags and shields and I have a couple shields in mind for The king arthur mod im working on. Ill email them to you.. Thanks

http://www.greatdreams.com/anikni~1.gif