PDA

View Full Version : Castle Gate too weak

Weebeast
11-10-2005, 02:44
Can someone tell me how to add the strength of castle gates. I don't care about stockade gates, it's reasonable.

See, these castle upgrades (layer of walls, towers, etc) have no purpose anymore because the gates are too weak. I know there's boiling oil but still the gates fall easily.

[edit]
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. lol

Weebeast
11-15-2005, 23:36
Can anybody help me out here, please? I tried to look into Models folder but I don't understand the entries in the gate text files.

I was thinking to mess with the boiling oil but I don't know the right formula to make it reasonably stronger, not to mention I didn't see much of a difference after I messed with it.

Iustinus
11-16-2005, 16:47
Go to the text file MODELDAMAGE in the main Models folder. Everything is explained pretty straight forward in there. It is very easy to edit the strengths and damage graphics of buildings. You can mod how easily it can be destroyed by flaming projectiles, whether it can be attacked by hand weapons, etc.
Goodluck,
Justin

Weebeast
11-17-2005, 19:11
I completely missed that file as it's listed in the middle of other things. Thank you.

Ok, I added the hit point for gates. It did take a while to break it (barely noticed though as I only added a little) but then I figured it'd also take a while for the siege weapons to take the gates down the same way as the non-siege units. Of course I don't want that. I haven't tried this, but the only solution I have in mind right now is to reduce the power of torches or reduce anything that makes them so powerful and reduce the min damage of the models to the same value as the power of the torch.

I'll be back sometime as I haven't double-checked things or done more experiments thoroughly. Thanks

[edit]

I obviously can't reduce the min-damage of gates to 1, 2, 3, or 4 as shortbows (the weakest of them all; projectiles) have 1. If i change the min-damage to 1 then missile troops can shoot the gate. Arrgh! I can only change the hitpoints for gates! I might just change them to 5.000 or something. Well, the gates might be too powerful for siege weapons compared to the walls but as long as the besieging army has siege weapon(s) then it's still possible for them to get into the castle. AI troops don't always aim for the gates when they have weapons anyway. I obviously will not aim for the gates lol anymore ~D

Mission is still accomplished.

[edit again]
Well, after all this, I can simply say that 5 units of... say urban militias(the one I used) have more potential to break a gate than 5 units of ballistas. Also, one UM can survive on field longer than one ballista unit due to the number of men.

I'm to lazy to change the power of all projectiles so I gotta stick with adding hitpoints of gates. It's not right when gates are more powerful than its walls as it has a big gap on it (the gate) but that's the best I can come up with so far lol.