PDA

View Full Version : The Imgim war

Commander Coconut
11-11-2005, 14:03
Hello Modders. If I could mod I would mod the Imgim war. I am an American living in South Korea. I recently read about the Imgim war. This is a war that happened in the later part of the 17th century and involved Japan, Korea and China. The war opened with Hideshido (spelling?) landing 300,000 able troops on the shores of Korea. This war lasted for some time (I am sorry, the book hasn't been released for sale till the end of this month and am going on memory from the newspaper article about the upcoming 1st and only English published book on the subject,) and involved the 3 countries in brutal war. There was no victor in the war save for the Mongols who were able to capture large sections of China. Japan failed to conqure Korea and Japan, Korea suffered massive causulties that took centuries to recover from.

These fully trained armies were nearly 3 times the size (so the article said,) of any Europeon army of it's date.

I dabble in History, I cross reference some materials upon occasion to verify accuracy of what I read, but this bit of History seems quite unknown in the West and seems rather fascinating to me. I will be buying the 700 page book on the Imgim war this week.

I would love to see something like this done as a mod for RTW with the BI engine. I'm married with children and am a full time teacher and work 6 days a week about 10-12 hours a day so learning to Mod.....well, I don't think it's gonna happen. I already had to give up MMORGS and have no hopes of returning to em.

If anyone knows anything about the Imgim war or would like to Mod it or just discuss it for further education please post in response to this. If this is posted in the wrong place, I apologize and hope that it can be moved to the correct spot.

Right now I'm disappointed with BI. Too few provinces, too many bloody peasants (I modded em out, I know the Desc_blah blah files a little,) and the female monkey faction is just blithering silly. The AI? Seems ok but still a lot to be desired. I'm no programmer but.....So I live on these mods as this is the only game I play these days. I really appreciate all the work you guys do.

I would also like to see a RTW mod with the BI hehe. Set it back to 280BC and the possiblity of the empire splitting while conqureing the world would be fun....

Mouzafphaerre
11-11-2005, 15:23
Last I checked Korea and Japan weren't included in the EB map. :rolleyes:

Ludens
11-11-2005, 16:09
Hello, Commander Coconut. Welcome to the Org! ~:wave:

I am afraid this is indeed the wrong forum: here we discuss the Europa Barbaorum modification for Rome: Total War. You may like it: EB will take the original R:TW campaign to a far higher level of historical realism than any other mod, including R:TR. It has not yet been decided if the eventual version will be for BI, R:TW 1.3 or R:TW 1.2, but the open beta, hopefully coming before the end of the year, will definetly be for R:TW 1.2.

As for your mod idea, I think it would be best stated here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119). There is already a Japanese mod for the same period under development here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120). The first part of the TW series, Shogun: Total War, was based on the Sengoku Jidai period in Japan, and the Jidai no Ran and Samurai Wars modifications are attempt to recreate that game. Hideyoshi's Korean venture occured in the end phase of that period. I am quite sure that it happened in the sixtheent century, though.

Parokkikala
11-11-2005, 16:09
Good idea, wrong forum. ~:)

Myrddraal
11-13-2005, 13:53
Right forum now :bow:

Welcome to the .org

Ilsamir Lord
11-28-2005, 06:48
It's certainly an interesting concept though! I have always been interested in learning more about Korea, and perhaps a mod like this is the way to do that.