PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get This Straight!

Just A Girl
11-13-2005, 11:54
Ok,

Lets try to straighten Things out here,

This tournament has and is taking a while to get off the ground,

So lets try and straighten it out Right now,
We need rules.
We need a selection of terrains.
And we need competitors, so far we have 7/8
The rules Should be discussed first.

If any one knows of dishonorable/Cheating methods that can be utilized, "glitch exploting" Please List them,
as they will need to be, examined and tested, then they will be added to the tourniment rules.

As for the playing of the games. I beleve that we could have an enjoyable tournament using, The max 4 of 1 unit type rule,
And using the same format as we did last time,
8 players in 4 blocks,
2 players in each block,
who play the best of 3.
and the winner proceeds.

Another factor to be taken in to concideration is Amouts of koku and which game version should be used.

7k or 10k seem to be the choices availabe for koku,
and
v1.02 or v1.03 seem to be the choices for stats,

the terrains should be varied and between them they Should cover all the difrent types of terain,
"hilly, flat, bridge, mountainous"

The dificulty of each map is judged by the difficulty To attack on the map, And they should get progressivley more difficult,.

As some or all of you may know,
theres been some Talk about prizes being given away.
I must Stress That
There ARE NO PRIZES THIS TOURNAMENT.

but We should be giving away A training katana to the winner Of the next tournament,
And provided that goes well We could see 2 tournys a year whic would both have A prize at the end of them.

Now lets try to sort this out :)
And let the games begin :bow:

Togakure
11-13-2005, 18:12
In my experience, when trying to decide on something like this, I've gotten the best results by posing very focused, specific questions that yielded discrete answers. Perhaps a series of polls would be useful. One issue is, the answers to certain questions change depending on whether you go 1.02 or 1.03.

The first question I'd ask is: Do those who might participate in the tourney prefer 1.02 or 1.03? A) 1.02 B) 1.03

Assuming 1.02:

What Koku level is prefered for this next tourney? A) 10K or B) 7K?

If 7K is used, should a unit max be used? A) Yes B) No
If you answered A) Yes, please post your unit type/max recommendations ONLY (no justifications or explanations at this point please)

If Koku is 10K, A) use the most common rules-4 max no ashi, or B) some other set of rules?

Select the maps you think would serve well for the first match:
list multiple maps, allow multiple selections in poll

Select the maps you think would serve well for the second match:
list multiple maps, allow multiple selections in poll

Do you think playing the tiebreaker on IB is appropriate? A) Yes B) No
If you answered B) No, please post your suggestion for a tiebreaker map
(no justifications or explanations at this point please)

Assuming you might participate, would you play with 10K, 4 max, no ashi and no muskets? A) Yes B) No

... ... ...

Assuming 1.03 ... ... ...

etc., etc., etc.

This will allow you to get specific, definitive answers (assuming people respond) to specific questions, and narrow down the problems faster. You will still likely be left with some questions that are not A or B capable, but at least you'll trim the fat. Then you can lead open discussion on the remaining questions that simply cannot be asked in a manner that will yield discrete answers. Be prepared to listen closely with an open mind, consider pros and cons, and bottom-line: make your decision, as you are leading this project.

These are just suggestions. Structuring your questions like this will structure the responses, and you might be able to make decisions that please you and the masses more quickly this way.

Just A Girl
11-13-2005, 18:48
Well im already getting side tracked with all the posts ive made,

Ive been trying to find out the difrences Good and bad between v1.01 v1.02 and v1.03

ive even been discussing combinations of most of the topics ive mentioned in the 1st post, And quite frankly Im not shure which topic Is which now.

now i dont want to go and make half a dosen polls and flood the forum to pieces over this tournament, After all,
This is a big place and there are a lot of people Who could not care less about the tournament.
It would be to easy for me to give people a reason to dislike me. When im not the flavour of the month to start with.

As for making a short list of terrains I think il do that later, Il reinstall a nother copy of shogun,
"so i dont start nameing maps others do not have"

But Its these glitches that have me woried more than anything though,

ive found out some thing called "red zoning" exists,
There are methods that let you shoot 1st with muskets
And Possibly Even shoot without loading?
How many more of these little tricks are therir out there for me to find?

I hate cheats, I really despise them. I REALLY REALLY DO!

And the lowest form of cheat in my eyes is some 1 who finds a Problem with the game "a glitch" And then exploits it to their own ends,

For instance. A First person shooter game,
And if you jump on a box next to a wall And then lay on your belly, the wall goes invisible, And you can see every 1 but they cant see you,
Although that is not a actual cheat
(a real cheat woud involve something like pause the game go to the sound menu then enetring the words "Death to all")
To me its worse than A real cheat, Becous i cant do squat about it if i dont know the glitch exists And that im to watch out for it.
but i can do something about Blaitant cheats,

For instance if i was in a 1v1 battle
and I had 1 unit of h6 w0 a0 no dachi for instance.
And the opponent had 1 unit of h6 w0 a0 no dachi as well, and we clashed in a fight in the middle on the Ironing board and he sufferd 0 losses.
Id be prety confident in saying they guy was cheating.

But glitches like fiering without loading 1st..... I cant prove that stuff.
for the simple fact I dont know what to look out for,
"Red zoneing" is a bit easier to spot id imagine,
And i can easily outline what you'd need to do To be removed from the tourny for doing that.

I would realy like to find or creata a list of these Available glitch exploits, And how you to tell if some 1 is exploiting them.
A simple 24 hour ban should suffice for any 1 caught cheating in multiple freindly games,
(3 times and your out jobby)

And a premenant ban from my tournaments. and imediate removal from the competition for any 1 caught cheating in one of my tournys,
(1 time is to many times In competition)

Hopefully il be able to outline some sort of structure to the future tournaments that will have prizes,
i wish to make it a fair and enjoyable expirience for all envolved,
And That IMHO will never involve cheaters

guess i better install Shoggy so i can short list some maps , "every 1 knows il have totomi in the 1st line up"
:bow:

Nobunaga
11-13-2005, 19:15
guys please save the replays

Just A Girl
11-13-2005, 19:28
Well il need to find out how badly taking replays afects the lag in game,
But When we finaly get these tournys sorted out and get them running for prizes,
il be "hopefully" asigning a ref to each of the matches that are to be played,
theoretically These refs Could all be requierd to save replays of the battles, Along with the mandatory log files.

These could be posted on my web page along with the player stats,

No promises though

:bow:

Drisos
11-15-2005, 09:09
I'll try it out sometime... and if it's no problem I'll save them for you, Nobunaga ~:)

Mystic
11-19-2005, 00:29
[QUOTE=il be "hopefully" asigning a ref to each of the matches that are to be played,theoretically These refs Could all be requierd to save replays of the battles, Along with the mandatory log files.

These could be posted on my web page along with the player stats,

No promises though

:bow:[/QUOTE]
Well Normally i wouldnt Worry About Things Like This But My Computers Sucks ~:) And I Have No Idea If Itll Be Posible For Me To DO So But I will Give it A Try
I Also Need TO Know How To Save Log files And Take Screenshots
Until Next Time:bow:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-19-2005, 02:24
Well il need to find out how badly taking replays afects the lag in game,

Not at all.

Mystic
11-19-2005, 04:45
But How Much Space does it Take? I Have A Small Hard Drive And Its Pretty Full Already

Sasaki Kojiro
11-19-2005, 05:19
But How Much Space does it Take? I Have A Small Hard Drive And Its Pretty Full Already

20-60 kb

Just A Girl
11-19-2005, 07:32
you can save log files By Ticking SAVE log files box,
I think thats in options,

to take screen shots.
press F12 i think. I havent done any in a while,
But im prety shure its f12.

Mystic
11-19-2005, 18:14
Thanks Just A Girl And Sasaki Kojiro How To Sav Replays?

Sasaki Kojiro
11-19-2005, 18:47
Find your shogun exe and create 2 shortcuts. Name one "record" and one "Playback". Now:

RIGHTCLICK on a "Shogun: Total War" shortcut.

Now LEFTCLICK properties ( one up from the bottom of the list)

left-click in the "Target" box, and position the cursor at the end of the text that's in there at the moment.

Now Add a space

NOW add ER if you want to record OR mEP if you want to playback. NOTE: don't enter both, cause it won't work. Only one OR the other.

Click Apply.

The saved battle will be in your dumplog folder. It only saves the most recent battle, you will have to rename it in the folder or remove it and store it somewhere else if you want to save a battle permanently. When you replay a battle it must be in the dumplog folder and entitled "replay".

Drisos
11-19-2005, 20:44
Screenshots are F2 iirc... ~:)

thanks for reposting Sasaki Kojiro-san!

I will get some replays and screens for you guys of my battles in the tourney! ~;)~:cheers:

Jochi Khan
11-25-2005, 21:46
Find your shogun exe and create 2 shortcuts. Name one "record" and one "Playback".

The saved battle will be in your dumplog folder. It only saves the most recent battle, you will have to rename it in the folder or remove it and store it somewhere else if you want to save a battle permanently. When you replay a battle it must be in the dumplog folder and entitled "replay".

To save you the hassle of moving replays to another folder or place after renaming.......
When you have played the game, go to the dumplog folder and find the *replay*. Name it, so that you can identify it later, then leave it in the dumplog folder. (all my shogun battles are saved this way)
When you want to run a replay of the battle......Go to dumplog folder, find the game you want, RENAME it to *replay*. It is now available to watch.
IMPORTANT...when you have viewed the replay remember to RENAME it to whatever you had named it before. This is to stop it being overwritten.

Hope this makes things easier for people.

Jochi

Jochi Khan
11-25-2005, 21:49
Screenshots are F2 iirc... ~:)

thanks for reposting Sasaki Kojiro-san!

I will get some replays and screens for you guys of my battles in the tourney! ~;)~:cheers:

Screenshots are ....Print/PRTScr key my keyboard.

Jochi

Just A Girl
11-26-2005, 03:41
Screenshots are ....Print/PRTScr key my keyboard.

Jochi

In stw its f12, Default, "atleast on mine"
Saves TGA's to TGA folder for you,

Togakure
11-26-2005, 07:14
I don't like TGA format, so I use the [Prnt Scrn] button to save screenshots to the clipboard. Then I just open MS Paint and press [Ctrl]+[V] to paste them in. Then I save the image in .jpg format.

Drisos
11-26-2005, 09:22
TGA folder

'tgas' folder... at least for me ~;)

Trajanus
12-10-2005, 16:16
So back on topic, when exactly are we looking to hold this tourny?

Just A Girl
12-10-2005, 16:52
This post was made when we were going to have 1 more tourny without prizes,

Unfortunatly i have canceld that tourny,
so now we are looking at a mid to late january Start date.

We can still debate the points mentioned.

Trajanus
12-11-2005, 10:18
Well count me in for the mid-to-late Jan start date.

How is the tourny set out (oh wait is there another thread about this?)

Just A Girl
12-11-2005, 20:00
Well count me in for the mid-to-late Jan start date.

How is the tourny set out (oh wait is there another thread about this?)

This thread is here so we can sort out some rules for the tourny,
Every1 can give there input,
Then we can decide which rules are fair,

But i spose its going to be 4 gorups. 2 contestants in each group, Play best of 3, 1 winner from each group proceeds.

Trajanus
12-12-2005, 06:36
The generic style. Good I like it.

Maps are consistent or get changed throughout the competition?

Just A Girl
12-12-2005, 07:50
Last time we had a map for each tier,
geting progressivley harder to attack on,

played 2 games on each map. 1 attack 1 defend,
if it was 1-1 after that A tie breaker was played on the Ironing board,

Trajanus
12-12-2005, 08:46
Ok. So do we include river maps or not?