PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Modders!( Please Look!)

Emperor Aurelius
11-16-2005, 03:54
Hello I was wondering if any modders would be so kind as to make a BI version 1.2 like they did for RTW. You know when they added in many other provinces? Are any modders going to put more provinces in BI any time soon? Personally I think there were 2 few.

Lord Winter
11-16-2005, 03:58
There are guides in the scriptiorum. If you had 3ds max you could start on it. Other people would problely help if you started. Saddly i don't have 3ds max or the time. I am already working on two mods.
Good luck thou

Bwian
11-16-2005, 09:42
you DO NOT need 3DS Max to make new provinces! It's just text editing and a bit of Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/any half decent paint program.

Now...a bit of clarification:

1.2 was an officially released bugfixing patch from CA...not a mod

You are thinking of Mundus Magnus, a mod which added massive amounts of new provinces, I think. There have been lots of threads asking for this sort of thing 'to modders' and some rather pushy ones ( not this one... ) but here is some background:

Making a map like that requires a MASSIVE amount of time and effort. There are hundreds of entries to edit and set up, a lot of text files to edit, then a serious amount of testing to make sure the factions are balanced, and the thing plays well. The tools for editing maps and converting to the format BI needs are relatively new, and you would not want to start a project like this until you knew it could be done. Finally....most of the people with the skills and ability to do this are busy. I am sure, when the urge takes, someome will do a huge map.

In the meantime, there is NO REASON why some of the people asking for a mod like this can't pick up the modding torch, and learn how. Map building requires no special skills ( unlike modelling or skin painting ) no special tools, and just requires time, patience and a whole shedload of effort. Anyone wanting this mod should consider investing some of that.

On a personal level....I would think better of someone who actually tried to take this on and was asking for help. The swimming pool of modding does have a shallow end :bow: