PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Dev Guys. Got a request here.

spmetla
09-16-2002, 08:15
Erasing the past...

DrNo
09-16-2002, 15:34
On the playstyles, what are the rules for the changes in styles as a game progresses?

e.g. early campaign start has this for Almohads:

SetBehaviour:: FN_ALMOHAD MUSLIM_PEACEFUL

But what determines when the switch to another behaviour such as DESPERATE_DEFENCE or MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST.
Also what behaviours can factions switch to,
e.g. Can a MUSLIM_PEACEFUL become a
MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST ?

This info will make a great difference to unit and building construction priorities.

How much of a difference is there between a PEACEFUL faction and an EXPANSIONIST?
e.g. Danish are Expansionist but don't seem to move at all in early campaign even into rebel provinces and Alomhad's are PEACEFUL but try to invade everywhere?
Is there possibly an error here and the Peaceful and Expansion code got switched around ?

Sorry if any of this has been covered but missed a few days due to new heir being born, and searching back for this exact info is a little tricky.

[This message has been edited by DrNo (edited 09-16-2002).]

+DOC+
09-16-2002, 18:27
Yes the Danes are inexplicably poor at expanding out if their single province at that start of the early period.

It might be like STW where the initial personalities were only for the starting Daimyos and each heir as they came to the throne were assigned randomly selected personalities. Therefore in theory the personality of a faction could change quite drastically over the years!?

You'd need the verification from one of the CA guys to be sure on this though.

------------------
=MizuDoc=

Kraxis
09-16-2002, 21:49
Maybe it would be to try making the switch of EXPANTIONIST and PEACEFUL...

------------------
BTW, Danish Crusades are true to history.

You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

spmetla
09-17-2002, 00:59
Erasing the past...

+DOC+
09-17-2002, 01:05
spmetla, how and why does that make a difference? And just exactly what difference does it make? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Kraxis
09-17-2002, 02:50
They build boats and attack from the sea???

------------------
BTW, Danish Crusades are true to history.

You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

spmetla
09-17-2002, 07:46
Erasing the past...

barocca
11-05-2002, 09:58
i'm working my way forward from the last page of threads,

if anyone has any more comments to add to this thread about how the AI players act and expand depending on which setting you use,
then email me
barocca_X@hotmail.com
and i will reopen this thread,

if this has been covered in another thread, by all means give me a yell, and a link to the thread,
and i'll combine the lot into one.

PAF means Pre-Archive-Forum,
in other words such threads are (in my opinion) worthy of including in the orgs archives
B.

barocca
11-05-2002, 21:35

Hello Barocca,

I've been working on one single MTW campaign for weeks, and by now
all of my time is dedicated to the fine-tuning of the map.
This basically means running it (as fn_papist) and looking at AI
behaviour - over and over again. Then tweak something and recycle.
Must have runned it about a hundred times now for ~30 turns.

I haven't seen spectacular differences in AI behaviour either. These
settings are probably more related to building than expanding.
But from what I've seen, the AI's expansion is GREATLY influenced
by:
- A combination of the target region's income & the strength of its
defenders.
- A random factor.

Raising or lowering region income and/or rebel armies will make a
region more or less a target for invasion.

Probably I'm telling nothing new, but this is the best way to tune
and with patience you can make it tick the way you want.

Regards,
Cranach
[/QUOTE]

eat cold steel
11-08-2002, 03:03
I can't give you the exact details now because I am at home. It is not possible to add any new behaviour, some not everything has been moved into text files, some modders of warlords may remember invasion thresholds text file? For some un explained resons those have been hardwired into the code.

The styles listed in startpos files are the default behaviour of each factions, there are a set of rules the switch away to another one, but if non of the rule applies then it uses the default. Rules include money status, comparative man power compared with your neighbours. Other less generic rules include things like being crusaded against will switch a islamic faction to being devoted.

> Sweden but for some reason never take Norway.
That's probably due to the fact that Norway has very little income, it doesn't lead to anywhere, and has few trade goods.

Negative
11-08-2002, 03:58
I actually saw the Danes skip Sweden and take Norway once. Quite an interesting stratagy. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
It's not the size of the army that matters. It's how you use it.

cart6566
11-08-2002, 21:48
Is the quality of troops in the target province taken into account when the "invade/not invade" ruleset is applied, or simply the number of men?

eat cold steel
11-09-2002, 03:41
Strength of the unit is used, that include upgrades and valour, general rank etc.