PDA

View Full Version : MTW Grand Mod

edyzmedieval
11-30-2005, 18:46
Time to revive the old times of MTW. The mod will be like RTR for RTW...
Complete remaking of MTW, with special stuff.
Complete new map, tons of new units and buildings.

I know there is XL, Super Mod and MedMod, but don't jump on my head. What I want is a combination of these 3, but apart from this, with new features and special stuff. ~:)

It will start in 1072, after Manzikert, and will end in 1453.

Maybe the little bunch of modders which are still here, are willing to make the Grand Mod. ~:)

Units
Tons of new historical units, and those which are not, they are "thrown" out.

Buildings
New buildings and historical ones, like Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.

Campaign Map
The map will have the same dimensions, but many more provinces. New trade goods, improved campaign AI....

Historical battles
Will include the whole bunch of historical battles which happened in the Medieval period.

Currently no team members, and nothing made. I can give you some units from BTW, to help, if somebody wants to make the mod. ~:)

We can use skin packs and units from other mods, with permission, of course.

What do you think guys?! ~:cheers:

L'Impresario
11-30-2005, 19:38
I find this a grand idea;) -ofcourse I presume you mean VI, yes?
I have played those 3 great mods and I think there is still room for improvement and combination of ideas in order to produce something even better.
As I'm already testing and developing with an assortment of VI MP players an exclusively MP mod, I have to note that most successful projects overlook this aspect (but fear not;)).
The difficult part will be to give any VI mod a "polished" look in all fields, which is something that I think only NTW achieved almost completely.
Also, I woudn't expect lots of enthusiasm overall - considering that soon we'll enter 2006 heh

ShadesWolf
11-30-2005, 21:23
I wish you the best of look, lets keep MTW alive

edyzmedieval
12-01-2005, 13:24
Yes, it's for VI.

So, why not do a grand mod?!

L'Impresario
12-01-2005, 17:30
Yes, why not?
So when is it going to be out ~D

edyzmedieval
12-02-2005, 16:16
Ín 1 hour! ~D

Seriously, who wants to do it?!

L'Impresario
12-04-2005, 21:14
Ín 1 hour! ~D

Seriously, who wants to do it?!

Well, even if I don't think modders of the olde will revisit VI, you should at least present a more detailed outline of what you 'd want in the mod.
For example -hardcoded stuff notwithstanding-, I 'd be happy to see a medieval XIII-XIV century mod would have a non-european focus (less provinces in Europe, map expanded towards the East with a better representation of the Mongol invasions), better mercenary and recruiting system (further building upon the MedMod's concepts if possible), more realistic economic develpoment mechanisms (therefore less/different buidlings) etc. That's a bit rough round the edges as far as ideas go hmm

Anyway there doesn't seem to be a rush for a VI mod, so you can think it over;)

tutankamon
12-04-2005, 21:32
It is good to hear that there is some people that still like the old MTW.. personally i think it has a great atmosphere that the RTW lacks.. so if you need any help with this mod i would gladly help with all the historical and arkeological data I can ~:cheers:

Pericles
12-05-2005, 16:51
What I would like to see is a Crusader States Mod...~;)

tutankamon
12-06-2005, 10:52
What I would like to see is a Crusader States Mod...~;)

Yeah.. why not ~D is this something we should go further with or..?

Pericles
12-06-2005, 16:16
I think the previous attempt to create a Crusaders States Mod was far too ambitious.

My suggestion would be to take a map that's already done (such as one by VikingHorde - with his permission. He has a map with more provinces).

Then properly place units on the map. Even all the units we need are already done. No need to draw any more units.

So all we need are a few people to do the actual modding.

tutankamon
12-08-2005, 12:50
I think the previous attempt to create a Crusaders States Mod was far too ambitious.

My suggestion would be to take a map that's already done (such as one by VikingHorde - with his permission. He has a map with more provinces).

Then properly place units on the map. Even all the units we need are already done. No need to draw any more units.

So all we need are a few people to do the actual modding.

sounds great "deus vult" :knight: :knight: :knight: ~D

axel
12-08-2005, 13:26
hi well i would like to play your new mod if its done i have to say i dont now how to mod so i cant help in modding i would to do .
i stil love MTW its still the best well good luck i hope it will succeed~:cheers:

tutankamon
12-09-2005, 10:55
is this mod going anywhere or have people lost interest? personally i would love to see a new grand mod of MTW... but since i have no experience in modding i can only help with the historical and arkeological data... so if there's someone who are interested then I'm ready :charge:

edyzmedieval
12-15-2005, 14:53
Somebody needs to start it, recruit members and go to work....

sephirothno12000
12-19-2005, 06:00
Ditto...if only i had mod experience as well...

tutankamon
12-21-2005, 14:27
Well i could start a thread and develop the idea and then see if anyone was interested... but i don't have any experience in modding so there's not much i can do besides researching stuff but if you know anyone who would be interested then please tell them... I would hate to see another great mod idea die

cegorach
12-22-2005, 11:14
I don't think that this mod will be finished, reason:

there is noone willing to take the whole responsibility, no driving mind behind it.

You really need someone like this, I remember starting PMTW first thread it was quite similar in the beginning, but I wanted it to be finished, so I overcame difficulties I have found impossible at the beginning, you really need someone stubborn and patient to start, modding skills are not so important to begin, especially if you are willing to learn.

Good luck !

Regards Cegorach :san_smiley:

edyzmedieval
12-22-2005, 12:22
Yeah, somebody needs to start it.

Fader_it
12-23-2005, 09:21
Hi there, i was reading the list of post in this thread and i thought to send my comments. I think, as cegoarch has already stated, you really need someone willing to take the role of coordinator and some (a small number is better) people working on particular tasks. I can say from experience that working in solitary takes much time but usually leads to the completion (o partial completion) of the mod. So, even if you never tried to mod or have little/none experience, try out! Open the files, try to change values, edit images, read the good tutorial available at the .Org! You can make a good mod even if you have no starting abilities, if you have a fixed idea of what you want to get.