PDA

View Full Version : Darth formations 8.0

Magraev
12-07-2005, 09:01
I've finally installed RTR 6.3 and I'm impressed so far.

I was a bit surprised when I tried putting my romans in a straight line and found out I couldn't... I'v searched for the info to no awail both here and on TWcenter, so now I'm asking you.

What I'm asking is:
1) what does quick-formation 1-8 do in RTR 6.3?
2) Is there a way to get 5 legions to stand in a straight line?
3) where can I get treatment for my RTR addiction?

I hope someone can help me (mostly with 1 and 2, I'm enjoying 3 too much). ~D

Ludens
12-13-2005, 18:22
I've finally installed RTR 6.3 and I'm impressed so far.

I was a bit surprised when I tried putting my romans in a straight line and found out I couldn't... I'v searched for the info to no awail both here and on TWcenter, so now I'm asking you.

What I'm asking is:
1) what does quick-formation 1-8 do in RTR 6.3?
2) Is there a way to get 5 legions to stand in a straight line?
3) where can I get treatment for my RTR addiction?

I hope someone can help me (mostly with 1 and 2, I'm enjoying 3 too much). ~D
I can only answer the second question. The problem is that Darth Formations installs two files, one for A.I. formations and one for your own. The second file contains this alterations to remove the alt-click movement problem (or so I understand: I do not know what is meant with it). One of these alterations prevents you from forming single line formation with more than three units. I got round it by installing only the descr_formations_ai file for Darthformations 8.5. In your case you might want to replace the descr_formations file with the original one from vanilla R:TW.

I hope you found this helpful.

Magraev
12-14-2005, 08:35
Thanks for the help!

I'm getting used to the formations. At least phalanx-units are put in a straight line now (with no space between). Since they are my preferred army-type I'll just keep the formations for now.

For putting 4 archers in a line I'll do it manually and group them - that'll teach them to stand up straight!

Cheexsta
12-15-2005, 02:35
Try downloading Marcus Camillius' Player Formations Mod (http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//index.php?showtopic=10174), especially handy for those Roman formations (group the whole army, hit Shift+5 for a quincux formation). For archers, you can group them and hit Shift+2 (straight line). It has absolutely no effect on AI formations, so you keep the AI benefits from DarthFormations.

I don't think it really affects phalanx armies, either, so why not give it a go ;)

Magraev
12-15-2005, 08:44
Thanks - I'll do that!