PDA

View Full Version : [Bi] Unlocking Celts and Berbers

Kagemusha
12-07-2005, 10:46
I know that many know this already,but i just thought to put it in here for the new gamers to see.~:)
To unlock Celt and Berber factions in Barbarian Invasion.Go to Bi/data/text folder and in there campaign_descriptions.txt file, scroll down the list and when you see the Celt and Berber factions,just chance the text from NON-PLAYABLE to MODERATE.
Save and move into folder Bi/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion and in there to descr_strat.text file, remove celts and berbers from the list of the unplayable factions and ad them to the list of the playable factions.After that save and open the game.Now Celts and Berbers are available as playable factions.Enjoy.:bow:

Epistolary Richard
12-07-2005, 12:07
Do you really need to change the text in campaign_descriptions.txt as well? I thought moving them from unplayable to playable in descr_strat would be sufficient as they already have maps and descriptions in place.

Hans Kloss
12-07-2005, 12:14
I have just try playing Berbers with faction moved to "playble" only .Richard is right - there is no need to make any changes in campaign_descriptions.Campaign can be run without it

BTW are there any limits on playable faction ?

Kagemusha
12-07-2005, 14:29
Yep.Epistola Richard you are right.:bow: The campaign_descriptions.txt only chances the text in the campaign menu.~:)

Achilleslastand
02-10-2006, 21:24
Hello all....i have a small problem,i have been trying to unlock the berbers and romano_british for the BI campaign v1.6 BTW,..i have tried both methods listed above with no luck...on campaign menu it shows them listed as estimated moderate but when i click on them and click start campaign it just sends me back to the main menu.....are there any mods for this or am i doing something wrong?...........Thx

Kagemusha
02-13-2006, 10:22
The Problem is the Romano British,becouse they are an emerging faction.Berbers should work out just nice, but unlocking the Romano British takes lot more work like giving them a settlement and stopping them beeing an emergent faction.If you just want to play them in the vanilla Bi campaign i recommend Epistola Richards rebel commander mod.Or the one from Professorspatula Here is a link to both mods.~:) :

Epistolas version: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=57253

Professorspatulas version: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54943