PDA

View Full Version : NEW MP Campaign Starting

Sextus Caecillius
12-08-2005, 22:40
Hey THere is a new MP campaign starting. It will be normal 1.2. Auto Reslove the battles. post here for a slot here is the facitons and I will update names:

House of Julii – An4Sh
House of Brutii – Templar019
House of Scipii – =E.T=
The Greek Cities – dragases1453
Macedon – Savage_Swede
Thrace – madmatg
Seleucid Empire – Fable234
Egypt – The Black Adder
Parthia – Dead_Like_Me
Armenia – Shogo
Pontus – GrimSta
Carthage – Giant Monkey Man
Numidia – Valinther
Spain – Inthemaking
Gaul – RemusII
Germania – LordSaradin
Britania – Eräkarhu
Scythia – ErikinWest
Dacia – Dr Fox

Also include name, E-mail and Faction you wish to play as. Like so:

Sextus Caecillius
Gaul
Stratgamer@hotmail.com

and we will play on 1.2 so no mods.(unless it changes later)

thanks,

Sextus

Sextus Caecillius
12-09-2005, 14:39
~:confused: wow, I thought people would be jumping over themselves to play... Being able to play against HUMAN PLAYERS and all. In an rtw CAMPAIGN.... Oh wait, I see how it is. You owuld RATHER play the AI. You don't want the challenge of playing REAL people. That can THINK FOR THEMSELVES. You would RATHER win every time you play?

Sextus~:confused:

KonstantinosXI
12-09-2005, 15:37
i'll play as greek cities...in twcenter i'm dragases1453

Sextus Caecillius
12-09-2005, 16:09
lol just checked there and was going to update it here.

P.S i am RemusII on TWC

GiantMonkeyMan
12-09-2005, 17:49
hey whoever wants to be numidia pm me either here or at the twcenter... we can get some agreements going... ~D
and come on people! this will be class :charge:

Sextus Caecillius
12-09-2005, 20:17
we are now going to play on 1.3 because the new version of Rome total Multiplayer doesn't support 1.2 any more. So please visit http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm and download the 1.3 patch if you haven't already. also the new verison(0.3) will have many new features added to have a SPECTACULAR multiplayer Campaign. Please visit http://www.rometotalmultiplayer.com/ for a full list of updates.

Sextus

=E.T=
12-10-2005, 00:30
Hey THere is a new MP campaign starting. It will be normal 1.2. Auto Reslove the battles. post here for a slot here is the facitons and I will update names:

House of Julii –
House of Brutii – Templar019
House of Scipii –
The Greek Cities – KonstantinosXI/Dragases1453
Macedon – Savage_Swede
Thrace –
Seleucid Empire – Fable234
Egypt –
Parthia –
Armenia –
Pontus –
Carthage – Giant Monkey Man
Numidia –
Spain – Inthemaking
Gaul – Sextus Caecillius
Germania – LordSaradin
Britania – Eräkarhu
Scythia –
Dacia –

Also include name, E-mail and Faction you wish to play as. Like so:

Sextus Caecillius
Gaul
Stratgamer@hotmail.com

and we will play on 1.2 so no mods.(unless it changes later)

thanks,

Sextus
------------------

=ET=
House of Scipii
davberti@yahoo.com.ar

GrimSta
12-10-2005, 00:33
I'll be Pontus if you need a player.

EDIT: I cant find a 1.3 version of RTM, could anyone give me a link for the actuall file???

Sextus Caecillius
12-10-2005, 09:50
The new verison is not out yet. Hopefully it will be ready for testing when we have all of the players. I am waiting for Mydraal to get the ok. So we will wait because the new version will be MUCh better than the old.

An4Sh
12-10-2005, 10:34
i want to play as julii version 1.3 no mods
my email and msn devil_fy_313@hotmail.com

An4Sh
12-10-2005, 10:37
where can i get the mp campaign and where can i find version 1.2?

An4Sh
12-10-2005, 11:29
we are now going to play on 1.3 because the new version of Rome total Multiplayer doesn't support 1.2 any more. So please visit http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm and download the 1.3 patch if you haven't already. also the new verison(0.3) will have many new features added to have a SPECTACULAR multiplayer Campaign. Please visit http://www.rometotalmultiplayer.com/ for a full list of updates.

Sextus

i just saw this post after i finished unstalling and downloading 1.2 :( ~:mecry:

Dead_Like_Me
12-10-2005, 15:35
can i be julii >?

Dead_Like_Me
12-10-2005, 15:41
sorry ... becuase i cant edit i did a new post.

i wish to play as Roman Julii
my email : joel10_bl@walla.co.il

i got 1.3 and i am ready to play ... i downloaded the mp files from the other MP thread page 13\14 i dont remember exactly... myrddraal links.

can you pls explain me how to install the mp ?

Sextus Caecillius
12-10-2005, 21:10
So wait let me get this strait. An4Sh isn't going to play as the Julii because he downloaded 1.2 instead of 1.3. If An4Sh can't play then Dead_Like_Me can play as the Julii. If An4Sh can play Sorry Dead_like_me, you can either chose another faction, or try again on the next campaign.

Dead_Like_Me
12-10-2005, 22:55
ok if not the julii ... which i really want to play as then pls let me play as parthia

Dead_Like_Me
12-10-2005, 22:59
dude can you pls give links and explanation to how to install the mp and so one.
as much as i saw you want to use other version then the myrddraal version.

can you pls give instructions.

by the way :san_shocked: WTF:san_shocked: is this:san_smiley:

Sextus Caecillius
12-11-2005, 04:08
Sure you can be Parthia. :san_embarassed: :san_embarassed:

hellenes
12-11-2005, 05:15
Sure you can be Parthia. Ok go to the website, there sould be stuff on the install there. Or you could join the forums and post the question there.( I am not sure how the version I hope we will be using will work) New verison IS Mydraal Version. Mydraal is the creator of Rome total Multiplayer so all versions are his. It is just the new verison is MUCH better than .2.5. SO I would like to use that instead. THe .3 version actually has conquarable regions.

A small correction raketemensch is the creator of RTM and has no affiliation (though Myrdraal had tried to contact him) with Myrrdraal.
The MP campaign allows battles BUT not the full Campaign building and diplomacy features...

Hellenes

madmatg
12-11-2005, 05:26
i'll be thrace

Dead_Like_Me
12-11-2005, 12:24
tnx

u confuesed me ... come on ... as much as i understood there is myrddraal version that he was the first to develop and he didnt publish any full installtion yet or public one he has only test vesion for now.

and there is the reket... or what ever version that he created without anything to do with myrddraal.

i really want to play in CMP ( campaign multiplayer ) both in the myrddraal version and the one here ... can i play in both ?

second thing... as much as i saw there is in the web only version 2.5 for download and it is for RTW 1.2 the 3.0 version is still in test. so who can we play if it is in a test and still you didnt gave me instructions on how joining your game. i read the NFO of 2.5 version and from reading it i understand that you should give us a mail from the server or something.

can you pls tell us what you did i think that i am not the only one here from those who want to play that dont understand surely what to do.

tnx for the last explaination it help but as i said more details are required.

Myrddraal
12-11-2005, 13:21
Yes Sextus, please explain? You PMd me about permission to start a new campaign, but your now talking about Rome Total Multiplayer.

There are two MP campaigns in development, Rekementesh's (sp?) and mine. There are a few differences. Rekementesh's has battles, but the campaign map is in early development and is actually external to RTW. Mine doesn't have battles yet, but is internal to RTW and has all the features of SP campaign.

Mine also works with any version.

So whats happening?

Dead_Like_Me
12-11-2005, 13:46
Myrddraal finaly i see you online...

dude why there is two versions it is not such a smart idea.... of course two diffrent people making the same idea ... bla bla bla .... but why dont you work together on this idea ... it will go much more fast ( at least i think so ) and maybe in a better way.

second thing - can you pls send me a mail so i could install your version of MP ...
i am so close after oaty :)

about the battles ... i have read his AFQ and the battles as i understand are like regualer RTW battles and well... since it is mp and people would like to play with there friends ... i really want to play with my friends and since i got 1 Cd-key and 5 computers at my home and more many more friends without a cd-key this would be a problem if i will want to play with them a battle when you will have battles in your version. i really want to have the option to play the battles but i am not that rich ... so can i ask that you will try to make a bypass or something
for a good perpose of course that allow several players to play the battle without having Cd-key problem ... something like cd-key check blocker i dont know. i know that it sounds ... well ... not very ... aghh ... you know what i am talking about. but the company wouldnt care they stoped supporting any way.
and it wouldnt hurt anyone.

Myrddraal
12-11-2005, 13:55
I'd love to work with him, as lots of the groundwork (such as exporting battles and importing the results) has already been done by him. But you see, his MP campaign is external of RTW, its a different exe. It only uses the RTW exe for the battles. My campaign is internal to RTW done using a script... There is a difference between the two. The reason we're not working together is that he wants to finish his external exe project, and thats fine. He's also said I can use some of his work, which is very generous as I've nothing to offer in return (as I said, the basic campaign is completely different)....

Dead_Like_Me
12-11-2005, 14:03
nice ... i do think it is great if he could help you...
but you didnt answered the second things that i talked about... the battles.

Myrddraal
12-11-2005, 14:06
What you want me to do is to make it so you can play MP with only one CD key? sorry but no.

Dead_Like_Me
12-11-2005, 14:15
dude... isnt it more logical if the mp is kind of out of the picture any way...

ok then i can ask you not to block CD key check but to make the use of the battles external ... and i know it is possible. use the battle system as it build but the connection will be throw the mp script ... server and so on. no need for the orginal mp system.

Sextus Caecillius
12-11-2005, 16:16
OH My bad, I thought yours was and RTM was one and the same. I will quickly edit all posts ever made by me and then hide under the covers from embarassment.:san_shocked: :san_embarassed:

Myrddraal
12-11-2005, 16:55
ok then i can ask you not to block CD key check but to make the use of the battles external ... and i know it is possible. use the battle system as it build but the connection will be throw the mp script ... server and so on. no need for the orginal mp system.

How would that be possible? The method for including battles goes something like this, the battle is exported as a historical battle, the two players play that historical battle over the net, the results are re-imported into the game....

=E.T=
12-11-2005, 19:34
Well,...we play with Myrddraal script or the other system???

I vote 4 Myrddraal Campaing!!!,Is Better help Him! ;)

Dead_Like_Me
12-11-2005, 21:31
*myrddraal* i will give you an answer as soon as i can ... as you must have noticed i am not a coder\modder and so one, i am just learning.

but i have friend that are, and yes both me and them know how the system works. the point that my friend tried to explain me that there is a possiblity
i didnt got it well ( too confuesing ) but what i do know is that the battles are played throught gamespy ... gamespy checks the Cd-Key, if you start a lan game it isnt played through gamespy. so if you tricks the game to think that an internet game is a lan game he wont connect to gamespy.

all u need to do is to change and play with the lan files so it will connect internet games through IP ... you need to do a build that you could enter IP like in lan and then the internet game will be shown like a lan game.
the battles themselfs are the same. try working this out, after all it doesnt matter for the scores if it was a lan game or internet one. :P

*Sextus Caecillius* about the multiplayer that you wanted to play, i still want to play i think it is a great idea to open another game, but if you do so pls download + istructions and now i can claim the Julii house. dont forget to reorginaze everything.

GrimSta
12-11-2005, 23:13
Yes, but with Rome Total Multiplayer we can actually fight other people, and thats were my strengths lie.

Sextus Caecillius
12-12-2005, 01:17
I really think the Mydraal version is better. Since the battle version doesn't even have settlements.

Myrddraal
12-12-2005, 02:37
if you start a lan game it isnt played through gamespy

I didn't know that... In which case it should be possible to play the battles by LAN or internet, whichever....

Sextus Caecillius
12-12-2005, 13:15
OK I just wanted to make it clear that we will be playing the mydraal campaign Multiplayer. I hope that doesn't upset anybody. That was my plan from the beggining until I got mydraals version mixed up with rome total multiplayer. I wanted to play a mp campaign from the beggining so we will play the Mydraal version of the campaign.

Sorry,

Sextus

Dead_Like_Me
12-12-2005, 13:23
*myrddraal* for ex: me my brother and some of this friends had played Generals : zero hour.
me and my brother at home and his friends in there home.
basically the game is planned that if you play other the internet it will send you to the internet server which of course check Cd-Key. we im the Generals game used the same Cd-Key ... my brother is a genius in computers so what he did in this case he used a server that allowed all the computers to have another connection to each other through this server and that allowed them to use IP peripeties like in lan. that way we played our games.

i am trying to convince my brother to explain me what he and his friends did to make it work. i will explain it here as soon as i will know.
in Generals there is build in option for IP connecting - in RTW you need to create one by creating a script or something. try figure out on how to connects to Gamespy and then use it for connecting directly to the IP jumping on all other stages as Lan does, i know you can figure it out, this info in the game is not hidden. the second thing you can do is to create a mod that will allow you to chose whether you want to connect as regaler to gamespy or to connect a server ( that we should try to get by donations or something ) and on this server there will be a build that can handle MP game transportation. in this case what you need to do is to find the lines that tell the game to connect gamespy and change them to the server name in this server you need to create the build.
the mp games should keep working on the players internet.

*Sextus Caecillius* so .... what is going on with the MP. i do prefer myrddraal's version. but i dont have it exactly and we need myrddraal's premesion.

Sextus Caecillius
12-12-2005, 13:24
Ok, we have a full campaign ad can begin when every one gets the files and has installed. We can start the campaign as soon as possible or we can wait until the weekend to start it. Lets take a vote.

I vote wait until the weekend.

Dead_Like_Me
12-12-2005, 13:27
Sextus Caecillius dude did you read the end of my last post ?
it seems you jumped a bit.

what about the factions ? do i get Julii ?

Myrddraal
12-12-2005, 13:28
I've already said to Sextus, if you gather enough people, I'll set one up for you.

Dead_Like_Me
12-12-2005, 13:30
Great myrddraal tnx.

can you pls read the post that i had before the 2 before this one.

Myrddraal
12-12-2005, 14:29
yeah, I'm not sure all thats necessary, why not play the games through gamespy. If its a problem of CD keys, then if you've got the same CD key as someone, then your gonna live near them, you can play the battle by lan...

The point is, its a lot of work for me and I can't see why.

Dead_Like_Me
12-12-2005, 14:47
yeah i understand it is a bit more job to do.
but if you would work this that other MP guy maybe it will go faster.

as i told the WHY is that after you release the MP version you made, full release
people would download it, and i am quite sure that they will want to play with there friends even that they dont have several coppies. and for many people buying the game for the mp is not an option if they having a problem to buy other games. so this would be a great thing to do for the community.
of course that i see it as a later stage but many people dont want to play only with random players, they want to play also with there friends, for ex if i play in your MP version with my friend who dont have the game and some other guys other the net, the game will go great untill someone or several people will understand that they cant play the battles becuase he is invovled in the battle and he dont have a CD-key ( in this case i presume that he would use invalide one ) the battles alone isnt to much fun but if you play a battle as in the campaign map it is much more great especielly becuase of the views and diffrent maps for each battle.

so you understand, i think many will agree with me on this one, it is for the best.
go on with your job and when you will start working on the importing of battles think about this, i think many people will thank you for doing this thing, since your purpose is not EVIL and you will only spred it as the MP version you dont have nothing to worry about except the huge work, which i would really want you to do :D.

Sextus Caecillius
12-12-2005, 22:53
I thought you were going to be parthia? An4sh I thought was already Julii. So will you still be parthia?

ok if not the julii ... which i really want to play as then pls let me play as parthia

Myrddraal
12-13-2005, 00:04
Don't we have a full complement?

Dead_Like_Me
12-13-2005, 12:48
didnt understood you last comment *Myrddraal* ??

*Sextus Caecillius* yeah if you didnt read the parts that were for you in the last posts i posted you would notice that i thought since we will use other version we restart the players choses.

if not and all stay as it is and non player change his mine than i think i stay with parthia... yes. no other good option left.

Sextus Caecillius
12-13-2005, 13:35
Ok you stay as parthia. Now we need a dacian player. Some one please try to get him before friday.:san_angry:

Dead_Like_Me
12-13-2005, 15:36
dude i can get a dcian play... maybe not from the forum but i can :)

but what i need to tell him ...

Me : there is a multiplayer game wanna join ?

he says : OK, how do i join ? do i need to install something ?

Me : hmmm... dont really know ? but congradulations you are in :D

WTF ??? is this seems to you ok ?

Sextus Caecillius
12-13-2005, 22:22
Ok, but he has to be emailed the files to play. Thie instructions are in the install I think. Which will be with the files we are emailed. Hope you can get your friend to play.

Dead_Like_Me
12-14-2005, 16:34
dude Sextus Caecillius my friend will give you the email today. but as much as i see all factions are full can you pls update the first post ???

update all the players that play + what version we play email and so on like in this post : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=992771#post992771

or here which is even better : http://www.truegamers.us/rtw/index.htm

tnx and pls learn from lordraiden

Or_K
12-14-2005, 20:31
Hi everyone, I joined today to the forum due to the the rome total war multyplayer campeign game.
I heared of the oppening of the game from Dead Like Me and I would like to join.
So how does it work? it cannot be a fluent game, can it?
Anyway, in case I'm in, I would'nt resist playing any faction (though I prefer the salasid empire or other greek)
Thanks

Dead_Like_Me
12-14-2005, 20:54
*Seleucid Empire

:) lol this is my newbie friend...

=E.T=
12-16-2005, 23:38
To Start or not to start,...That's the Question!

???

Sextus Caecillius
12-17-2005, 16:32
Ok we are going to restart this. It has gotten really confusing. I get the blame on that. If you still wish to play please post under New Mp campaign factions thread. If I could get a mod. to close this, It would be greatly appreciated.