PDA

View Full Version : ----------Wheel Of Time Total War Is Recruiting----------

Myrddraal
12-13-2005, 01:09
Some of you may know the Wheel of Time mod already, but for those who don't:

This mod is set in Robert Jordan's fantasy world of the wheel of time, and is based on his number 1 internationally bestselling series The Wheel of Time. The game timer will start some time before the actual series starts, giving you a chance to play with nations such as Malkier and Cairhien as it was before the Aiel war, and for that matter as the Aiel before they left the Waste. This first era will be called the Flame of Tar Valon era. All nations will be playable, from the Shadow to Tar Valon or the Sea Folk. The next era will be the Dragon's Fang era. This will feature all the epic events and well-loved characters from the series, from Rand, Mat and Perrin to the Forsaken and famous Aes Sedai such as Moraine Damodred and Siuan Sanche. New factions will include the Prophet's Dragonsworn and the Seanchan, as well as the People of the Dragon, led by Rand himself.

The mod isn't just a new maps and skins mod. We also include new gameplay features such as the political intrigue of the Game of Houses, the possibility of your faction expanding to absorb new cultures (ie if you conquer another nation, their basic units and characteristics, do not change, you simply take control of them), the danger of civil war, better campaign AI (and hopefully better battle AI).

At the moment the team is working on a demo called 'The Whitecloak War' which includes 4 battles pitting the fanatical zeal of the Children of the Light against the coalition of fierce Altarans, volatile Murandians and proud Illianers. However for the main mod itself we are now looking especially for modellers, but also artists, scripters, coders and map-makers. Basically, if you can mod you can help!

So why do I post this now? Because although the quality of the work done so far satisfies us we need to try and speed up to get the full version out within a realistic timescale and get to grips with the Dragon's Fang era expansion.

For screenshots and info etc visit our subforum (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=99)

If you are a Wheel of Time fan or even if you're not and just want to participate in an exciting and revolutionary mod (which will actually be completed:san_wink:), please volunteer, even if its just to model one unit or edit one stat.

Thanks,

Myself and all the Wheel of Time Team.

Lord Winter
12-13-2005, 01:16
I would like to contruibute something. I am busy with Early Modern Total War but i can do some scripting.
DoH

IceTorque
12-13-2005, 09:29
Wheel of time. I have no idea what this is, but I like your gameplay ideas.
Also your statement that it will be actually finished.

OK, I will join this mod team as map creater and coding/implementing files
into the map.
Now lets not waste any time, Please let me know what you want in this map.
A large or small map, how many regions and positioning of settlements close or far.
If this position is already taken, I'm sorry but my skills are limited to
simple finger/pixel painting. and text file editing.

Either way this mod looks very interesting.

Lanfire
12-13-2005, 13:01
Hey,

I can do something. I have no experience in moddeling ,skinning what sov ever. But i have free time and i can get all the programs there is for moddeling. I read the books to book X. And a big fan of this project.

SO plz contact me . h4ck3r2002@hotmail.com

Antagonist
12-13-2005, 19:35
I'm not sure what I could do to help you, but I've been quitely following your mod pretty much since it's inception and it's definately one of the projects I most anticipate.

I've done some modding on the most basic level (tweaking a few unit/building/trait numbers and such) but I don't know that that's enough to really work for a major TC. I've also done some very basic modelling in the past, but sadly I don't have access to the software right now and I was never much good at it to begin with. The best thing I could confidently offer is decent writing skills and some level of familiarity with the WoT setting and the structure of the TW games, but I'm sure you already have everything you need in that regard.

I might be able to get access to modelling software again in the future though, I'm not sure.

Anyway even if I cannot help I can at least offer my whole-hearted support (as much as that's worth :san_undecided:) and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Keep up the good work. :san_cool:

Antagonist

Cheexsta
12-15-2005, 02:29
Like Antagonist, I've been interested in the mod for quite some time, and I'm a fan of the books (though I'm still only part-way through no. 8...).

As for how I would be able to help, I've only really done basic text file editing (unit stats, buildings and so on), basic scripting (though I'd imagine that you wouldn't need much help with that :san_grin:) and some VERY basic mapping, so I'm not sure how much use I'd be with the mod itself. But I'd be willing to help if there's anything you need assistance with and would be willing to learn new stuff if I needed to (hell, I learnt the basics for scripting practically overnight...well, 3 nights, but who's counting...).

But if you already have those bases covered, I'd be happy to be #1 fanboy :san_grin:

Dol Guldur
12-16-2005, 12:29
Though I cannot offer my services, I would like to offer my support. This is one of those full-conversion modifications that I would certainly like to see completed - and I too am glad to hear it will be!

It is a great pity that many mods are abandoned and I'd urge all who are considering starting their own mods or who are struggling getting one off the ground to reconsider the enormous undertaking (and believe me, if you have less than 6 totally dedicated individuals with the right skills, and a dozen more members in some degree of contributing support, your dream is not going to be realized!) and give some serious thought to whether or not your effort and skills would be best served by joining an already-exisiting mod such as The Wheel of Time (or The Fourth Age: Total War - a mod that will also be completed! :san_grin: ).

I wish this mod the very best,

Dol Guldur,
Fourth Age, Management.