PDA

View Full Version : RTR, where?

fireblade
12-21-2005, 09:21
Where can i download a version of rome total realism?

Fireblade

The_Doctor
12-21-2005, 11:21
Here:
http://www.rometotalrealism.org/download.html

fireblade
12-21-2005, 12:00
ok, i have downloaded it, but i have a problem, I can only play the prologue, but it is disabled in rome total realism. What to do?

fireblade

Antagonist
12-21-2005, 12:10
The game is set to only unlock the Imperial Campaign once you've completed the prologue. I think the solution is to open the file "preferences.txt" in your RTW directory, and look for a line saying: FIRST_TIME_PLAY:TRUE

Change TRUE to FALSE, save, and run RTW again.

Antagonist

Gen_Lee
01-09-2006, 16:25
I was one of those who preordered Rtw even before it got released, just to discover that, personally, besides being so much eye candy, it was a step behind compared with Mtw.
So I keep going Nap tc for Mtw and later with Atw tc.
Last week I decided to give Rtw another try.
As Rtr v6 gold was out by that time, I got it and also the naval mod + metropolis minimods.
And shame on Me, I really enjoy playing as a roman!
So I can only express My gratitude for Rtr team:)
Finally Rtw have some meaning besides waiting for when Nap tc is finished.
And My faith in the good work of modders got stronger every day.

Lentonius
01-12-2006, 19:45
yes. to be honest some people's ametur work has knocked spots from professional paid people...

Dead Knight of the Living
01-30-2006, 18:06
Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for awhile. I think the last RTR mod I played was RTR 6.0. Can anyone tell me what is the newest RTR mod. Actually, I think I'm playing RTR 6.2. I've put so many mods on my computer I can't remember what I did last. Is RTR 6.0 Gold different from RTR 6.0? If so, is it better.

As for Europa BArborum. I understand this is in the experimental stages. Where do I direct my comments at for that mod. I downloaded it two days ago and have some comments I'd like to make.

I appreciate any input anyone can give me.

Respect,

DeadKnight

econ21
01-30-2006, 19:00
Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for awhile. I think the last RTR mod I played was RTR 6.0. Can anyone tell me what is the newest RTR mod. Actually, I think I'm playing RTR 6.2. I've put so many mods on my computer I can't remember what I did last. Is RTR 6.0 Gold different from RTR 6.0? If so, is it better.

Somewhat confusingly, RTR 6.0 Gold is really RTR 6.4. It takes 6.3, fixes a few bugs and packages it into one download, rather than 1+3 patches. I don't think it has radically changed the game from what you have, but you may as well play with the more bug-free version if you have a decent internet connection.

As for Europa BArborum. I understand this is in the experimental stages. Where do I direct my comments at for that mod.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Dead Knight of the Living
01-31-2006, 18:50
Thank you sir. I appreciate that.

Telys
03-22-2006, 05:17
ok, i have downloaded it, but i have a problem, I can only play the prologue, but it is disabled in rome total realism. What to do?

fireblade
i had the same problem at first, but once i downloaded the 6.2 patch i was able to play the game

TheZejiEmpire
04-01-2006, 02:27
um. it says that you need a FRESH RTW 1.0

..i have the gold edition and it comes with 6.0 or whatever the latest is, will RTR still run or can i not play it?

Romulas
04-08-2006, 00:24
Re-install RTW 1.0. Download 1.2. Then download RTR 6.0 Gold. I had no problems. I've just started playing RTR and can't get enough. I really like what those guys did with the game. Enjoy!