PDA

View Full Version : Mods to change voices

GFX707
12-24-2005, 19:49
I love playing this game, and it seems a deeper experience to play the Roman factions. However, as soon as I get to the battle map and discover that they all for some reason have american accents I get so pissed off I have to quit. It just completely ruins any immersion. For this reason I take pleasure in killing the Romans as any other faction....but I want to play as the Romans for once.

Is there a mod that gets rid of the annoying "we're under attack" type sound effects or even disables the silly RTS voices altogether? Even an option or something that would help would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if this has been brought up before....I searched but couldn't find anything.

Hope someone can help

Lentonius
01-01-2006, 17:01
Theres a latin voice mod, but it didn't work for me.

killerxguy
01-02-2006, 18:04
yea the American Accent for the Romans is quite silly indeed! When you look at Rome Total War, you think that this game really is one of those great historical games, it is, but the roman voice, is really annoying to be for Romans (but is usefull for making a mod tha involves Americans like a metal myhem mod but for humans on earth...)

Seasoned Alcoholic
01-07-2006, 15:50
You can actually change the voices for each unit in RTW by editing the export_descr_sounds_units_voice text file. There's some more info in this topic (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21762) on how to do this.

Basically, there are 4 categories of voice, which are general, heavy, medium and light. A unit can use any of these categories, with each one producing varying results. As long as the category matches to what you've specified in export_descr_unit, your units should be able to speak with a different accent!

killerxguy
01-09-2006, 14:07
We might be able to use this for our mod to make arabic speacking or french or even latin, and not to forget greek for byzantines and english for the english...blah blah!!....blah! Thanks for the tip man!

dclare4
01-12-2006, 04:28
Don't forget FEMALE voice (five categories then) - also I thought it was more Australian than American.

Clare (Harlechman)