PDA

View Full Version : Asterix Total War

UltraWar
12-26-2005, 19:56
I've had a great idea about a mod which starts in around 50 BCE.
It's based around the Asterix The Gaul Series and Rome is at it's height!
But they have enemies everywhere and the main one is the Armoricans!
Well if you read the books you'll know what i mean...

The Factions will be: [with what they will replace]
The Roman Empire [Senate]
Armorica [Indomitable Gauls]
Phoenicia [Carthage]
Egyptians [Egyptians]
Goths [Germans]
Britons [Britton]
Greeks [Greek Cities]

and more to be added

http://content.grin.com/binary/hade/12849/5.gif
1 Britannia
2 Gallia
3 Hispania
4 Italia
5 Rheatia
6 Maurentina
7 Numidia
8 Paunonia
9 Decia
10 Moesia
11 Thracia
12 Asia
13 Syria
14 Lybia
15 Cappadovia
16 Aegyptus
17 Arabia
18 Palestina

also other changes...

The Only Problem is that i'll need help as i'm no good in making a campaign map or skins etc... but good at researching all about the Factions through my extended Asterix Libary And Google.co.uk ...

Will anyone help make a Asterix:TW?

=E.T=
12-27-2005, 13:43
lol great idea ! Fun

KonstantinosXI
12-27-2005, 19:52
yap! great idea...

tutankamon
12-27-2005, 19:56
Love the cartoon go for it:gring:

Agraes
12-27-2005, 23:07
With those berserkers you already got the right attack for our Gallic Warriors :tongueg:

tutankamon
12-28-2005, 18:20
Well sadly the only thing i'm good at is the same as you :winkg: but if that can be any help... then count me in:gring:

UltraWar
12-29-2005, 19:23
Well sadly the only thing i'm good at is the same as you :winkg: but if that can be any help... then count me in:gring:
i'll need all the help i can get...
i'm gonna redesign the gui system icons to make it look more gaulish.... and also i will make some faction banner changes! :rtwyes:

btw i've renamed some of the factions for it...
Also what should the spare 3 roman families be?

Myrddraal
12-30-2005, 02:57
You may be in luck. When I was learning to model, I made an obelix model and a roman centurion model. If you want them you're free to have them.

Heres a tip: learn to do at least some of the modding yourself. Nobody wants to join a mod that doesn't have any modders. :wink:

UltraWar
12-30-2005, 13:54
You may be in luck. When I was learning to model, I made an obelix model and a roman centurion model. If you want them you're free to have them.

Heres a tip: learn to do at least some of the modding yourself. Nobody wants to join a mod that doesn't have any modders. :wink:
thank you Myrddraal :rtwyes: where can i acquire the models?

i've managed to alter faction names and options for the mod and i'm got someone doing the Iberian Faction Banner and stuff.

In Research I think I might get replace Scythia with Russia or the Huns or Amazon [The Secret Tribe in R:TW] to make it more intresting.

timberman
01-02-2006, 14:29
Great idea...... to bad I`m not good at modding. But the idea is good.

tutankamon
01-05-2006, 12:32
Ultrawar..Since you are the one with the big idea please fill me in on what you need

hoggy
01-06-2006, 12:12
Top idea. Be good to get the Vikings in there too. Perhaps give the pirates an island kingdom?

tutankamon
01-06-2006, 14:58
Top idea. Be good to get the Vikings in there too. Perhaps give the pirates an island kingdom?

that could be fun but i think they would do better as rebels.... Poor pirates its gonna be hard for them :laugh4:

Hey I was wondering In the comix books no one actually gets killed in combat at least not when the gauls attack the Romans... they just get beaten up and can be used again after some recovery... is that something we should put in two our mod??

Narakir
01-06-2006, 19:01
Lol I already see lots of roman flying in the air :laugh4: BTW that can be a realy fun mod. Good luck !

wlesmana
01-07-2006, 16:35
You can have the britons throw rugby balls!~:cheers:

tutankamon
01-07-2006, 18:15
You can have the britons throw rugby balls!~:cheers:

Rugby balls :inquisitive: :inquisitive: why if I may ad why rugby ball:inquisitive: :inquisitive:

wlesmana
01-08-2006, 17:51
Didn't you read Asterix in Britain? :book:

dclare4
01-09-2006, 03:47
Nobody gets killed yes - but enough beating can or at least should cause a rout... or instead of 'killed' mod the name into K.O'd or Knocked Out. And you can have a wacky looking 'death animation' that has them with their tongue sticking out like in the comix.

Best of luck with this!
de Clare

Myrddraal
01-09-2006, 13:22
If you could mod the heal rates, then all the dead romans could recover at the end of the battle, but only if they win...

PS, any french speakers should read Asterix in Britain in the original french, its absolutel pissing funny. He uses french words, but with the English word order.

"Bonté gracieuse! Ce spectacle est surprenant!"
"Il est, n'est-il pas?"
"Je dis! Une Romaine Gallere"
etc

Narakir
01-09-2006, 19:07
PS, any french speakers should read Asterix in Britain in the original french, its absolutel pissing funny. He uses french words, but with the English word order. Agree, how fun it is to read it again and again. Asterix is ten time funier if you understand french, just see the vikings names in Asterix and the Normans :laugh4: They sould be added in to mod too.

Ignoramus
01-12-2006, 02:24
Good Idea! You should make the main charcters, i.e. Asterix and Obelix etc. single man units. You could have Cacofonix who considerably lowers enemy morale. Oh, and to make it according to the books, the Romans will need green tunics with blue tower shields, also in the books, they don't throw their pila, instead they use them as spears, but everyone knows that anyway.

tutankamon
01-15-2006, 11:53
UltraWar i want to help but since you hard to get anything out of i donno were to start my research..

tutankamon
01-20-2006, 19:20
Is your great projekt dead or.... I would love to see this mod in action so please let me :help: I feel like I'm :wall:

UltraWar
04-23-2006, 18:47
i've been offline for a long time...
and i've had to format my system.
Asterix Total War is currently dormant as i've been spending time revising for my GCSEs..
when i can find my rome total war game i'll continue with the mod.

Myrddraal
04-29-2006, 12:25
Have you considered making it smaller scale (i.e. contained within one historical battle at the site of the village?)

UltraWar
04-29-2006, 12:30
Have you considered making it smaller scale (i.e. contained within one historical battle at the site of the village?)
I think that would work better.

I'll start making the battle map.
How do I make it as a historical battle as i can do a custom battle easily.
If I know my R:TW files... there are some character names from the Asterix comics in the text files :laugh4:

UltraWar
08-09-2007, 13:20
Sorry for the double post but if anybody would like to take over this project, go ahead. :shame: