PDA

View Full Version : Blah!!

GMT
12-27-2005, 13:47
Can some one help me please??

I did a fresh install of RTW but I'm unable to run the 1.2 patch.

Whenever I try to run it I get this error: Your installation of Rome - Total War (TM) has already been updated to version 1.2. The patch cannot be reinstalled. :san_huh: :san_huh:

I tried to install EB to see if it would work but it doesn't because I'm 100% sure that it is not patched. Anyone have an idea what it keeps saying that my RTW is already patched??

Thank you! :bow:

Moros
12-27-2005, 13:53

Whenever I try to run it I get this error: Your installation of Rome - Total War (TM) has already been updated to version 1.2. The patch cannot be reinstalled. :san_huh: :san_huh:

I tried to install EB to see if it would work but it doesn't because I'm 100% sure that it is not patched. Anyone have an idea what it keeps saying that my RTW is already patched??

try to reinstall. have you done some modding or used some mods on your rtw install?
just reinstall that should do it and then try to patch it again.

maskoolin
12-27-2005, 13:54
maybe because it is already 1.2 :san_laugh: :san_rolleyes: you dont ve to patch it any more

Joker85
12-27-2005, 13:55
I had this same problem.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

EDIT: Found a link that works:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

Uninstall the game, reinstall it, download the patch (but don't install it), then run the program.

Once you run it remove "Rome - Total War(TM)[1.0]"

and "Rome - Total War(TM)[1.2]"

Install the patch and everything should be good.

khelvan
12-27-2005, 13:55
You either need an archive (.zip) version of the patch, or you can do it the hard way and uninstall RTW, then go through your registry and delete all activision and rome total war references. I don't recommend that if you are not an experienced user, you can do damage to your installation.

Perhaps some kind soul will post the .zip version of 1.2 for all to download.

By the way, I am moving this to our technical support area. I hope to keep the forum relatively organized. :san_tongue:

GMT
12-27-2005, 13:56
try to reinstall. have you done some modding or used some mods on your rtw install?
just reinstall that should do it and then try to patch it again.

Already tried that. I removed all my copies of RTW, restarted my comp and did a clean install of RTW but I still get that error. :san_angry:

Greek_fire19
12-27-2005, 13:57
mmm, no it's a real problem. This happened to me once and the problem is that even after it is uninstalled and reinstalled it doesnt delete al the files. I had to delete al the RTW files from the system registry and then reinstall it. It worked then.

DOn't worry though, dude, it's not an unfixable problem.

Ludens
12-27-2005, 14:01

It is quite likely the patch is still in the registry. CA forgot to include this in the uninstaller. You have to remove it manually. If you want to know how to do this, make a search in the apothecary for reinstalling RTW or reinstalling 1.2.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Huh? Either Khelvan merged threads or a lot of people posted while I was typing.

GMT
12-27-2005, 14:22
I had this same problem.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

EDIT: Found a link that works:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

Uninstall the game, reinstall it, download the patch (but don't install it), then run the program.

Once you run it remove "Rome - Total War(TM)[1.0]"

and "Rome - Total War(TM)[1.2]"

Install the patch and everything should be good.

It worked! Thanks a lot!! :bow: :bow:

I thought I was gonna get a heartattack! :san_angry:

EB looks great by the way, thanks a lot guys! :san_kiss:

cunctator
12-27-2005, 17:48
A zipped version of the patch without installation program can be found here:
http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rtw_Uploads/RTWupload/RTW_1.2_ZIP_PATCH.zip

Rodion Romanovich
12-28-2005, 11:11
When I download the zip it says the archived files are corrupt... And totalwar.com or sega.com no longer have the 1.2 patch available...

Edit: so it's impossible to get hold of the 1.2 patch unless you kept it on your computer last time you installed it. I didn't :stwshame:

Birka Viking
12-28-2005, 12:48
I downloaded it from here..and it worked as it should...
http://www.rometotalrealism.org/download.html

Abokasee
12-28-2005, 21:29
alternative... install a later pacth then uninstall then install 1.2!!!!!!!!!!