PDA

View Full Version : Basic Things

Ypoknons
12-27-2005, 14:27
This is what I've noticed so far. I'm pretty sure that the EB team will know all about these but here I go ...

a) Loading the main menu takes a long time (bug?)
b) The Eleutheroi have a senate flag and have Roman units in custom battles.
c) No unit pics for the elephants.
d) Is it because of the culture swap that custom battle unit selection is a bit strange? Everyone seems to have Mori Gestum and the Spartans I am still looking for, as well as the Eyptian elites....

These are the basic things that should go out there; I know that most of these are build specific bugs not the CTD you're really hunting for. Btw, the Pezhetairoi I must admit gave me the biggest sticker shock of my life at 2000.

Wikingus
12-27-2005, 14:31
1. While playing as SPQR, in battle mode, the flag is that of Arche Seleukida, and not of the Romans.

Moros
12-27-2005, 14:41
This is what I've noticed so far. I'm pretty sure that the EB team will know all about these but here I go ...

b) The Eleutheroi have a senate flag and have Roman units in custom battles.
c) No unit pics for the elephants.
d) Is it because of the culture swap that custom battle unit selection is a bit strange? Everyone seems to have Mori Gestum and the Spartans I am still looking for, as well as the Eyptian elites....

These are the basic things that should go out there; the Pezhetairoi I must admit gave me the biggest sticker shock of my life at 2000.
a) not a bug
b) we know.
c)" "
d) No, these are the local units the faction can create at certain places. Normally they shouldn't be there. someone is already working on that I believe.

1. While playing as SPQR, in battle mode, the flag is that of Arche Seleukida, and not of the Romans.
culture swap problem. will be adressed

And thx for telling us!!

The_Mark
12-27-2005, 14:58
It's a feature, as with the other loading times. Our internal beta testers reported muscular atrophy after getting stuck in front of the internal builds for days (partially because of the chains.. and the caltrops around their dunge- *workstations*). The loading times were introduced to allow them do simple workouts to keep them in shape. Afterwards, during the short period of intern OB field tests conducted in a realistic enviroment, we found that chains and caltrops weren't the cause of the atrophy. Tests conducted by khelvan showed a staggering increase in muscular health of the testers after a brief period of loading workouts. In short, it's for your own good. :san_tongue:

Seriously, if you do abs while it loads, like I do, you'll have soon iron abs, even stronger than with SwordsMaster's programmes, like I have :san_cool:

Ypoknons
12-27-2005, 15:00
Seriously, if you do abs while it loads, like I do, you'll have soon iron abs, even stronger than with SilverKnight's programmes, like I have :san_cool:
:san_grin: hahaha good stuff.

e) Baktrion Agema are missing their phalanx. They start holding swords but ocassionally pull out a spear when charging. This also happens with Hypastistai.

Crownsteler
12-27-2005, 15:37
A few things I noticed in my Carthage Campaign:

1) Carthaginian starting money is bugged:
I started with 10,000, but the financial screen told me I started with 40,000
2) Carthaginian economy is very weak:
I'm not sure if it is a bug, but even in the first turn you're losing money at a phenomenal rate, in the spring of 271 I was already 17,000 indebt, with cost saving masures, economic improvements and the capture of Messana
3) Carthage starts out with a number of Roman buildings (which shouldn't be there?), one even has the name 'should not appear'
4) Tooltip at the faction information screen is wrong:
The tooltip when you want hover over the button to go to a family member has the description which you should get when you look at the army upkeep in the city screen
5) Roman cities covered in fog of war fly the Seleucid flag (I know you are aware of this, but I just wanted to point it out anyway)
6) Rome starts at war with the Yuezhi and Averni (does this have to do with them using Roman faction slots? If they use them)
7) Snow covered trees in the sahara
8) Carthage can recruit Iberian javeliners on Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia and at Lepki
9) Carthaginian faction selection map is wrong, it doesn't include Ippone
10) Averni and Aedei faction selection maps are the wrong way around:
The Aedui map shows the Averni territories, the Averni map shows the Aedui territories
11) Rebel Pantadopoi infantry doesn't have a unit card and doesn't have a spear (on the battlemap)

I think these are all the bugs I found in my 4 turns

Moros
12-27-2005, 15:41

I'm not sure if it is a bug, but even in the first turn you're losing money at a phenomenal rate, in the spring of 271 I was already 17,000 indebt, with cost saving masures, economic improvements and the capture of Messana
3) Carthage starts out with a number of Roman buildings (which shouldn't be there?), one even has the name 'should not appear'
The tooltip when you want hover over the button to go to a family member has the description which you should get when you look at the army upkeep in the city screen
5) Roman cities covered in fog of war fly the Seleucid flag (I know you are aware of this, but I just wanted to point it out anyway)
6) Rome starts at war with the Yuezhi and Averni (does this have to do with them using Roman faction slots? If they use them)
8) Carthage can recruit Iberian javeliners on Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia and at Lepki
The Aedui map shows the Averni territories, the Averni map shows the Aedui territories
11) Rebel Pantadopoi infantry doesn't have a unit card and doesn't have a spear (on the battlemap)

1):san_huh:
2) no bug
5)yes we know indeed
7)you have an invidia videocard? this has happened before. I don't know if they were able to fix this.

Thx for your feedback.

Teleklos Archelaou
12-27-2005, 15:44

- If anyone is seeing snow covered trees outside of winter, welcome to the NVidia GeForce sprites-only club. This is a bug that exists because a certain type of Nvidia graphics card cannot read the 3D vegetation on the campaign map. There is no way around this. You are not seeing any of the awesome new 3D trees. I too am a member of this club sadly. CA has directly responded to this issue on the .com forums and there is no way to remedy it other than getting a new graphics card. Thankfully this doesn't seem to affect any other aspect of the game. :san_cry:

- Everyone's money on the first turn seems odd if you look at your finances. This is because we give lots of money to all the factions, but then use scripts to take money away from the human player to make it harder. Enjoy! :san_grin:

- Make sure to look at the list of known issues. The "(Roman)" tooltip problems are a big bug that we are already working on. Same for the problem text (shows either Roman or Greek descriptions for things when it shouldn't). This is a weird problem that we've got solutions for but we have no idea why it's doing it.

- Pantadapoi are listed in issues too. One of the only units with a big skin problem (and this has only crept up in the last build or two).

Crownsteler
12-27-2005, 15:56
1):san_huh:
2) no bug
5)yes we know indeed
7)you have an invidia videocard? this has happened before. I don't know if they were able to fix this.

Thx for your feedback.

1) I didn't think it was very clear, I'll try to explain it better.
In the bottum right corner there it shows you your money, at the start of the Carthaginian campaign it shows you you have 10,000 (see this (https://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3594/1218076qarthadast0027px.jpg) screenshot), however at the faction financial screen (which you also get to see at the start of your turn) it says you start out with 40,000 (see this (https://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1218076qarthadast0013tt.jpg) screenshot), the 10,000 is the actual money you start out with.
(screenshorts from the Carthaginian guide by Malrubius)
2) Okey thats nice to know :san_shocked:
7) Yes I have an Nvidia card

@Teleklos Archelaou
Ah no, I hadn't checked the listed issues yet, sorry about that :)

Chester
12-27-2005, 17:08
Has any one bothered to read anything in these forums? Half of your observations were already stated by EB in this forum.

Eucarionte
12-27-2005, 17:23
Humm good job EB, I highly appreciate the descriptive level of the mod.

Apart of the bugs forementioned, it goes HORRIBLY slow on my computer, waiting my turn and almost any loading screen so much it´s unplayable for me right now. However I´ve read this is gonna be fixed as a priority (good to read). I also need time to get used to the completely different economical system, but looks pretty harder to any other I´ve ever tried. Playing as Carthage I had to disband several units to avoid total bankrupt (jumped on the negative in the first turn too), which has given me the impression that even huge empires can only afford small armies...and almost no fleets.

Let´s see how it develops anyway :winkg:

Moros
12-27-2005, 17:25
Humm good job EB, I highly appreciate the descriptive level of the mod.

Apart of the bugs forementioned, it goes HORRIBLY slow on my computer, waiting my turn and almost any loading screen so much it´s unplayable for me right now. However I´ve read this is gonna be fixed as a priority (good to read). I also need time to get used to the completely different economical system, but looks pretty harder to any other I´ve ever tried. Playing as Carthage I had to disband several units to avoid total bankrupt (jumped on the negative in the first turn too), which has given me the impression that even huge empires can only afford small armies...and almost no fleets.

Let´s see how it develops anyway :winkg:
you try out the sauromatae, casse or yuézhi!

jerby
12-27-2005, 18:00
i found a strange thing happenned. i loaded from a battle to my camp.screen and it went all black, except the cities and armies.

it went undone when i changed the screen.res.and setting it back again..

Teleklos Archelaou
12-27-2005, 18:06
I think that's a graphics card problem. I had that sometimes on my cpu. but the one I've got RTW on now never does it.

The_Mark
12-27-2005, 18:10
Yes, that's something graphics card related. Jerby, you wouldn't happen to have an old geforce series card?

Simetrical
12-28-2005, 09:50

I think these are all the bugs I found in my 4 turnsThank you for your reports. They've been noted.

Chester
12-28-2005, 15:51
Roman Buildings which promise an increase in experience, don't do anything.

Conqueror
12-28-2005, 19:33
I've found some bugs with EB units.

First, the Nizag Gund rebel has a vertical gap in it's clothing where you can see through the unit:
https://img431.imageshack.us/img431/4145/ebnizaggundbug6cp.th.jpg (https://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebnizaggundbug6cp.jpg)

Second, I'm having much trouble keeping my army in formation while moving. Pantodapoi Phalangitai seem particularly troublesome, the units regularly fail to stay in a line, ending up too far ahead or behind. There is also a strange curving at the side of the unit that sometimes happens. The following screen shows how my units ended up after a simple move order (alt + right click with the entire army selected, ordered them to march forward).
https://img431.imageshack.us/img431/7339/ebunitsmess3bk.th.jpg (https://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebunitsmess3bk.jpg)
The archers behind the phalangites have now collided with them, but there was a clear gap between the two lines before they moved. The curvature behaviour is also exhibited. I've had such problems in just about every battle so far. Selecting the Pantodapoi Phalangitai units and click-drawing on the ground also results in them not arranging themselves into a proper line.

Afro Thunder
12-28-2005, 20:27
Err, how is it not a bug that Carthage has a very weak economy? I thought that historically Carthage had a very powerful economy. Maybe I'm wrong, you're the experts.

Simetrical
12-29-2005, 05:42
Thanks for the additional reports, they've been noted.

khelvan
12-29-2005, 06:45
Err, how is it not a bug that Carthage has a very weak economy? I thought that historically Carthage had a very powerful economy. Maybe I'm wrong, you're the experts.Carthage has a comparatively strong economy, regarding the other EB factions. Every single faction has problems at game start, on purpose. Feel free to disband some units, especially the navies, if you are not going to use them.