PDA

View Full Version : CTD/Sweboz/260 BC

Chester
12-27-2005, 17:03
I am unable to locate the cause of the bug. I have a saved game, before the crash. The crash occurs just after the Averni (the other gaul clan) make their moves.

I've ran the game from that point many times, and the same crash occurs.

During the crash

No buildings will be completed

No units are being built

No towns are under siege

The year is 260 BC

I have the saved game, shall I email it to EB? I can't find the problem.

Teleklos Archelaou
12-27-2005, 17:07
You'll find that CTD's that occur during AI turns (and i'm talking about ones before it gets back to the slave icon and then at the start of loading your next turns) are usually gone on the next reload. Not game-ending ones in other words. These may be unit problems or possibly trait ones.

CTD's that occur just as your faction's icon is about to come back up (at the end of the rebel turn) are the nasty ones. They can be unit problems, trait problems, building problems (bonuses, other issues), or still other things. They are the ones that more often are game-ending ones and not possible to get around by reloading and doing some things differently.

The ones that are the "best" for us will be the ones where players get a CTD immediately after they do something in their turn. These can be figured out better - and by having lots of people playing all the factions we will now find them more quickly.

Yours is a harder one since it's a reoccuring AI turn one. I would recommend taking off fog of war (type toggle_fow in the command shell) then put options on "follow AI movement" and then hit the space bar once AI turns start so that you can see them move more slowly. It's slow, but you can sometimes figure out what was going on at the precise moment the CTD occurs.

Chester
12-27-2005, 18:09
I followed your advice. FOW off, slow movement speed.

The crash occurs during Arche Selukid's turn. From what I can see, it happens just after a Arche army moves into the region to the right of Sidon.

The army moves and stops, the game CTD's.

Simetrical
12-28-2005, 09:55
If you want to be dedicated and help EB:

1) Edit your EB script to have the lines

console_command enable_perfect_spy
console_command control [Seleukid internal name, is it romans_julii or what?]in some appropriate place. I don't know exactly where to put it at the moment, and I'm not yet 100% certain about the appropriate commands. I'll get more specific instructions later.

2) Start up EB and run your save. You should now be controlling the Seleucids. Wander around and do stuff until the game crashes, and give us the specifics.

3) Delete the lines and go back to an earlier save or whatever.

Either way, please follow the instructions here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497).

Chester
12-28-2005, 15:49
When you get back to me I'll do it. I'm a bit confused at what you just wrote.

Simetrical
12-29-2005, 05:43
I'll try to write it more clearly later for general use.

Kull
12-29-2005, 09:33
I experienced a CTD with Sweboz in 264 BC. Hit end turn and it crashes during the Sauromatae move. This makes two CTD games I could post as you suggested, but I'd happily do the grunt work rather than fob it off. To that effect, I tried the two commands you suggested earlier. The first ("perfect spy") is present, but commented out, in the EBS Script file. I activated it and added the faction change command right below (using "armenia", the native RTW version of the Sauromatae), but neither command seemed to work. I also added the -show_err switch to the shortcut, but both games crashed without leaving a message. Once you do provide a more detailed "how-to", here's the list of EB Factions and their RTW equivalents (which people will need to know for the control switching command):

The EB Faction names are on the left. The names on the right are the
original RTW faction names (must use these in the script)

;Aedui gauls
;Arche Seleukeia romans julii
;Arverni scythia
;Baktria romans brutii
;Casse britons
;Eleutheroi slave
;Epeiros thrace
;Getia dacia
;Hayasdan romans scipii
;Iberia spain
;Koinon Hellenon greek_cities
;Makedonia macedon
;Pahlav parthia
;Pontos carthage
;Ptolemaioi numidia
;Safot Softim biQarthadast egypt
;Sauromatae armenia
;Senatus Populusque Romanus seleucid
;Sweboz germans
;Yuezhi pontus
;unused romans senate

NOTE: I'm not 100% certain on the Roman factions.
It's possible their "real" names are just "scipii", etc.

khelvan
12-29-2005, 09:44
Once you have perfect spy running, do a "toggle_fow" in the console. That will allow you to see all units and cities on the map. I don't know how to switch factions, however.

Simetrical
12-30-2005, 11:20
Okay, the full guide for perfect_spy/control is here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497). The script file given was the wrong one and won't work except for new games.

Chester
12-30-2005, 16:29
Cool got it working, thanks. Now to find the bug

Chester
12-31-2005, 11:30
I'm having some trouble. I've played games with Sweboz, Carthage, Makedonia, Arche Selukid, Aedui, Rome, and Casse.

Every single one of these games had a CTD. I had the script running all the time, so it's probably a scripting error. Either way I don't have much time for all of the bug testing required.

Should I just start handing in my saved games, without any reporting?

The_Mark
12-31-2005, 13:47
Have you tried not activating the script to see if it was the script that caused the CTD?

Chester
12-31-2005, 13:54
Yes, the not activating the script stops the CTD every time.

The_Mark
12-31-2005, 14:12
Start handing in those savegames, then, preferably with everything you know about the crash in it.