PDA

View Full Version : EB crash at startup.

the_handsome_viking
12-27-2005, 19:21
The problem is simply this... I install Europa Barbarorum, have the icon on my desktop, I click it, It goes to the europa barbarorum screen (very well made by the way, this mod is aw ork of art) then a window posts up saying "file doesnt existÉÓ" or something, and then closes.

Im currently going to do a fresh installation of rome total war, then install the 1.2 patch to see if this problem persists.

If it does persist, I'm going to need help :rtwno:

Help me obiwan kenobarbarorum , youre my only hope =(

RandyKapp
12-27-2005, 19:53
I get the same problem, tell me if fresh install helps.

The_Mark
12-27-2005, 19:55
There have been some CTDs on startup that have been caused by a bad install, a fresh install should help.

khelvan
12-27-2005, 19:59
Also, please test your vanilla 1.2 installation by loading it and playing a campaign and battle, prior to installing EB. Many of these errors at startup have not been EB related and so you should see them before even installing EB.

This will also help us determine if there is an actual bug at startup with EB, which we have not seen internally.

Reenk Roink
12-27-2005, 20:10
I had a hell of a time trying to install EB...it kept CTDing at the first start screen...

I realized that a file in the 1.2 version was corrupted (BARB.something kept showing up saying it couldn't be copied when I was preparing for the Beta last night)

Then I unistalled, and had the problem of not being able to install 1.2 as it was already installed...

Finally, I got a zip file of 1.2 and that worked, but now I have messed up my entire 1.5/1.6 BI install :embarassedg:...

Radier
12-27-2005, 20:12
This happened to me to.

I installed RTW and then patched it up to 1.2, installed EB correctly and then your startscreen of a map comes up for a second before this window comes up saying that some code is wrong. Weird...

RandyKapp
12-27-2005, 20:18
Well i reinstalled the 1.2 patch and then reinstalled EB and now i have a new error message.

Script Error in data/descr_sm_settlements.txt, at line 304, column 1.

Expected culture type, found nomad.

RandyKapp
12-27-2005, 20:23
I went into the descr_sm_settlements.txt and chaged the word 'nomad' to 'eastern' and it runs fine now.

Reenk Roink
12-27-2005, 20:23
Lemme find the link I used...

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt...hes/RTW1.2.zip

Get a fresh install of 1.0 and replace the files with these.

Radier
12-27-2005, 20:42
Lemme find the link I used...

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt...hes/RTW1.2.zip

Get a fresh install of 1.0 and replace the files with these.

The link leads me to mizus.com and nothing more. I can't find the download on the site. :questiong:

RandyKapp
12-27-2005, 20:47
I didnt need a fresh install to fix the error, just instlled 1.2 on the already EBified folder then reinstalled EB.

jerby
12-27-2005, 20:55
just soemthign that might help:

if you ahd RTR (or something) before this. then uninstall completly. and delete teh remainders in de activision folder!, then instal, patch, and EB-it..

RandyKapp
12-27-2005, 20:58
Well thats a given.

I can imagine some poor sap trying to install eb over another mod tho, heh heh.

the_handsome_viking
12-27-2005, 21:00
Ok, problem fixed, sorry to have wasted everyones time.

Just uninstall rome total war, and reisntall it then install the patch then install Europa barbarorum.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I got carried away playing battle editor on Europa Barbarorum... understandably.

Reenk Roink
12-27-2005, 21:12
The link leads me to mizus.com and nothing more. I can't find the download on the site. :questiong:

Gah you're right :questiong:.

This is where I got the link from:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43962

Perhaps it works there (worked for me)

Red_Russian13
12-27-2005, 23:16
Well, I'm an idiot. Apparently, my Rome Vanilla install somehow became patched to 1.3! I just make copies of it every time I install a new mod, but I must have patched it to 1.3...This is going to be a major problem I see.

RandyKapp
12-28-2005, 00:07
Ok, problem fixed, sorry to have wasted everyones time.

Just uninstall rome total war, and reisntall it then install the patch then install Europa barbarorum.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I got carried away playing battle editor on Europa Barbarorum... understandably.

On the contrary you dont need to uninstalle then reinstalled (the time consuming nussance that it is) you simply need to reapply the patch then reinstall eb!

Red_Russian13
12-28-2005, 00:23
On the contrary you dont need to uninstalle then reinstalled (the time consuming nussance that it is) you simply need to reapply the patch then reinstall eb!

Can I just take my Vanilla 1.3 and reapply the 1.2 patch?

RandyKapp
12-28-2005, 01:00
Dunno i just never installed 1.3

I dont think so tho.

Red_Russian13
12-28-2005, 02:03
Dunno i just never installed 1.3

I dont think so tho.

Apparently it worked. I can now play EB. Can't play vanilla, but I can play EB. It's pretty sweet so far.

Simetrical
12-28-2005, 09:34
Well i reinstalled the 1.2 patch and then reinstalled EB and now i have a new error message.

Script Error in data/descr_sm_settlements.txt, at line 304, column 1.

Expected culture type, found nomad.Be aware that you're running on a bad install, and errors may occur eventually. You didn't remove all traces of 1.3/4/5/6 before installing.

RandyKapp
12-28-2005, 23:03
I dont have 1.3/4/5/6

LestaT
12-29-2005, 08:20
Just to save time on probably CTD regarding bad files. I just downloaded the mod from filefront and it contains 135 MB. Is this correct ?

Teleklos Archelaou
12-29-2005, 16:51
It was probably an incomplete download. I dunno the exact size but it's way bigger than that I'm pretty sure.

khelvan
12-29-2005, 19:53
Well, the file size of the release installer was around 140MB, due to some Vercingetorix magic. I don't know the exact size because I never downloaded it, I only put it together (sans installer). Perhaps one of the people who have had no issues can tell you the exact size, or one of the download mirrors would have that info.

Teleklos Archelaou
12-29-2005, 20:03
Well, the file size of the release installer was around 140MB, due to some Vercingetorix magic. Good heavens! How'd he do that?!

khelvan
12-29-2005, 21:37
I think he sacrificed a bull and bathed in its blood.

Simetrical
12-30-2005, 11:16
If your download was corrupted, the installer won't run, so don't worry about that. It uses CRC hashes to ensure data integrity (a cookie to anyone who understood that without wikiing it).

Good heavens! How'd he do that?!Efficient compression algorithms. ~D

LestaT
12-30-2005, 12:25
Well it works and have testing the Romani campaign. After 3 turns I quit in disgust. Ehehe.. Get kicked badly by the rebels in VH/VH battle.

Will test again this weekend after new year hangover finish. Great mod. Very great. So base on 3 turns can't report any bugs yet. None encountered.

EPA
12-31-2005, 21:54
The problem is simply this... I install Europa Barbarorum, have the icon on my desktop, I click it, It goes to the europa barbarorum screen (very well made by the way, this mod is aw ork of art) then a window posts up saying "file doesnt existÉÓ" or something, and then closes. =(

This is also my problum. Last night i installed the 1.2 patch like i was instructed but i am not to sure if it was really installed could this be the problum? What should i do? I am new at this.

EPA
01-01-2006, 03:19
Never mind my previous post I figured it out i didn't extract files to RTW dirctory :laugh4: But i have a new problum :furious3: I click on the desktop item i go into the one screen after beeing there for a while it goes black and a error message that reads

Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt,at line 623,column 1.

unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

Does anybody know what i do to fix this?

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:42
Reinstallation is your best bet.

EPA
01-02-2006, 02:01
Reinstallation is your best bet.

It was it worked, on my third re-installation hmm...

STuNTz2023
01-03-2006, 03:37
i had the exact same problem as EPA i think it was with Line 623 colom 1 or some shit, i keep getting it, i reinstalled like 4 times now and its still not working correctly, i got it to run fine once but then i tried to play as KH n everything went white from then on ive been getting that error and cant get rid of it, reinstalling isnt helping, any ideas?

beezneez
01-05-2006, 15:10
i'm also getting this error on startup

Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt,at line 623,column 1.

unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

im gonna try reloading 1.2 and EB

beezneez
01-05-2006, 16:13
uninstalled and reinstalled 7 times. still getting same error

Baldrick
01-05-2006, 16:17
Have a look at my post https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1025957&postcount=1

reinstalling didn't work for me either but that is exactly the same error I was getting

Zomby_Woof
01-06-2006, 00:28
I'm having the same problem. After loading the game it closes and gives the same error message as posted above. Earlier someone mentioned a similar problem in which they changed the script and fixed the problem; do we need to do something similar to this and if so what?

beezneez
01-06-2006, 00:48
I'm having the same problem. After loading the game it closes and gives the same error message as posted above. Earlier someone mentioned a similar problem in which they changed the script and fixed the problem; do we need to do something similar to this and if so what?

i deleted the line that it said was causing the error. on reload i got a new error from the same file. can't remember exactly what is was, but i'm not sure how to edit the problem away.

beezneez
01-06-2006, 01:22
Have a look at my post https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1025957&postcount=1

reinstalling didn't work for me either but that is exactly the same error I was getting

would registry mechanic do the same as the m-soft tool? i could not find a download for it

Baldrick
01-06-2006, 10:03
I can't attach files so try this link

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/971D79EC8ED375D685256E4C005C5471

you may be asked to sign in before you can view it, just register with some name its only for website admin purposes.

detach the two files MSICUU.EXE and MSIZAP.EXE to your PC then run msicuu

good luck

Now I've just got to get my video issues sorted as I can't see towns or characters on the strategy map :no:. I could with Vanilla which is strange

beezneez
01-06-2006, 18:07
I can't attach files so try this link

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/971D79EC8ED375D685256E4C005C5471

you may be asked to sign in before you can view it, just register with some name its only for website admin purposes.

detach the two files MSICUU.EXE and MSIZAP.EXE to your PC then run msicuu

good luck

Now I've just got to get my video issues sorted as I can't see towns or characters on the strategy map :no:. I could with Vanilla which is strange

thanks for the link, i picked it up. this TW/EB error has led to me finding so many neat little utilities for my computer. out of all bad comes good and vice versa. i finally fixed the problem (i wont even get into how many times i uninstalled/reinstalled/downloaded/etc.) by using registry mechanic from download.com which works like msicuu.exe. then i installed a fresh RTW, then Patch 1.1, yes, i had to do 1.1 THEN 1.2. ran RTW made sure it worked, then installed EB. it finally ran.

so much work has gone into EB and it is something else. thank you to all the EB team members. i've done some modding myself and i know it must have been a bitch. great work :2thumbsup:

Mithra
02-15-2006, 03:08
I have a problem in the same way, I think:

I have the Gold Edition of RTW, who install RTW plus BI without letting the choice...so everithing is at patch 1.5 , cause of the addon.

I create a copy of the repertory.
Install EB.
Crash.

Okay, now I manually wipe out BI, reinstall EB.
The game start ! Yes !!! Oh...no...the loading screen is the only thing I can have, the game doesn't load at all ( I've waited 25 minutes... )

I assume the core of the problem is that I have the Gold Edition, who's not a "virgin" RTW ?

Anyone can help ?

palissa
02-15-2006, 09:44
Yeah, Mithra, you must devolute your rtw 1.5 to rtw 1.2 :)
Must download the 1.2 patch in zip format, that is somewhere here around :)
Then can run rtw with EB.
That all you need.
I dont remember the link, but I am sure you can find it in some post here around, i d/l it myself some time ago.
Bye

Mithra
02-15-2006, 11:25
I've already done this...don't solve the problem :/

Perhaps I have to suppress BI in my copy ?
But I don't know how to do this.

Mithra
02-15-2006, 12:57
Perhaps I wasn't clear, my english is bad.

So I train to re-explain.

The Gold Version automatically install RTW and BI, there's no choice at all at the installation.
So it's also 1.5 patched.
I don't know how to go back to 1.2, because even with a zip file EB doesn't work, getting a " file doesn't exist " message now.