PDA

View Full Version : Windowed mode

Gaugamela
12-28-2005, 04:58
The target line for EB is: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err

In vanilla and in RTR and any other mod I was able to add -ne after the path to start the game in window mode, but EB has this "-nm -show_err" section and after attempting I get a Send/Do not send MS error with EB when trying to open.

What purpose does the additional target code have, and is there anyway to play in windowed still? Thanks, id really like to play but not at the expense of missing out on important im communications.

khelvan
12-28-2005, 05:07
Making the line this way should work just fine: -nm -show_err -ne

The purpose is to enable our splash screens to show, and to provide us with more error tracking.

Teleklos Archelaou
12-28-2005, 05:08
My command line says:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\711EB\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -ne

And it works fine. I installed mine by .rar though, and not with the auto installer. (the 711EB is just a subdirectory for the latest EB build I've got, though it's really 72, not 711).

Gaugamela
12-28-2005, 05:21
thanks guys! worked like a charm, don't know how i mixed it up the first go around. I guess the default order is -nm -show_err and when you change it to nm -show_err it allows the -ne to work. off to spill some blood