PDA

View Full Version : Fast Forward to 14AD

Iskandr
12-28-2005, 08:47
This one is weird.

Makedonia, Winter 246 turn...for some reason, the game suddenly lagged immensely in campaign map mode, so I saved and restarted (I had left the computer on for a while before playing, figured it was just the 'ole memory leak thing). Anyway, on reload, I clicked on the advisor to run scripts...and the date changed to 14 AD (and the massive lag instantly returned as well)...

Anyway, tried it a couple of times to make sure it kept happening (it did) then went ahead and loaded and hit end turn without running scripts...poof, no fast forward, even when I ran the scripts the moment my turn started. However, by not running the script right away,I fear I have (at least) messed up the seasonal changes.

Since I wasn't really paying attention to the date when I originally noticed the lag, I have no idea what caused it- Nothing I do save for clicking on the Show Me More button to run scripts seems to cause the error to repeat, but doing that always hits em with the time warp. Does anyone want to see the save game so they can hopefully figure out what is causing this? I assume there is an error in one of your thousands of scripts, but I don't pretend to know enough about computers to venture any more ideas.

Thanks,
Iskandr

Simetrical
12-28-2005, 09:18
Interesting. Send the saved game to my e-mail address (Simetrical gmail com, you can fill in the punctuation yourself), or upload it to a post in our TWC forums (file uploads of up to 1 MB are allowed for ZIP files). Zip or RAR it, of course.

The_Mark
12-28-2005, 11:50
Thank you, Iskandr. This one is an interesting one that we have encountered before, and one that was fixed, but apparently the fix was not completely foolproof. This will be looked into, and hopefully solved once and for all. Meanwhile, you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that running one turn without scripts does not mess up seasonal changes, that is, if the script works fine after that.

Chester
12-28-2005, 15:44
Just got it. At 246 the game went awry.

Mine was more severe. I was playing Rome. The lag started prior to the end turn. Then, the beginning of the next turn showed a window, with the Face of Augustus, telling me I failed my campaign. At the same time about 15 event cards fell down, most of which were major disasters like volcano's and storms. What's funny is that Vesuvius erupted and a major storm hit one of my fleets. It was like the apocolypse or something. The other event cards were vanilla events like archmedes screw and vestigal vigins and what not.

khelvan
12-28-2005, 18:49
Uhh, that is a, umm, feature...yeah! You just got the "Coming of the Apocalypse" event! :gring:

Kikosemmek
12-28-2005, 20:07
Haha... Wow, what did we do to get that effect?

The_Mark
12-28-2005, 21:30
Nevermind. I'm blind. Or dumb. Or both. Bug solved.

Shigawire
12-30-2005, 11:53
rofl funny bug :rtwyes:

Ergion
12-31-2005, 03:52
I had same problem with sweboz in same year.
This is the savegame.

http://rapidshare.de/files/10128753/...ime14.sav.html

elspaniard
01-05-2006, 09:13
same thing happens to me when playing as the romans.

Rodion Romanovich
01-06-2006, 17:58
Romani 246, autumn I think, if I end turn with bg script on I get 14 AD and lag next turn. If I end turn without bg script I get 14 AD and lag when applying the bg script next turn. Here's the save if it's to any help:

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/10522138/Fucketifuck.zip.html

AggonyDuck
01-08-2006, 14:02
Ran in to the same bug with the Carthaginians...:dizzy2:

jedispongee
01-09-2006, 07:53
Just out of curiousity, is there a way the masses (us) can "quick-fix" the problem by changing some things around in the script?

The_Mark
01-10-2006, 19:20
As I said, the bug has been fixed a while ago, you don't have to bother sending savegames about it. :wink:

For the manual fix, open the EBBS_script.txt in data/scripts/show_me/, find the 246BC piece of 4ty script in the vicinity of line 126 330. Performing a search for -246 should put you there. You will see many sets of whiles and console commands. The while loops contain I_TurnNumber conditionals, where the problem is located; the running order of turns is broken for some 10 to 20 turns, a block of conditionals is one turn ahead of the others. At the end of 246 BC whiles you should notice two same turn numbers: the apocalypse. Substract one from the first duplicate number, and then substract one from all I_TurnNumber conditions above it until you run into a gap in the running order of turn numbers; the gap should close after you've fixed the monitors.

In case you find yourself changing hundreds (or thousands) of while loops you've done something wrong.

NightStar
01-11-2006, 11:05
For people that don't know anything about modding it looks like this

console_command date -246
console_command season summer
while I_TurnNumber = 105
suspend_unscripted_advice true
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 107
end_while

console_command season winter
while I_TurnNumber = 108
end_while

console_command date -245
while I_TurnNumber = 109
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 109
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 110
end_while

And should look like this

while I_TurnNumber = 105
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 106
end_while

console_command season winter
while I_TurnNumber = 107
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 108
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 109
end_while

while I_TurnNumber = 110
end_while

Zhiwau
01-13-2006, 14:55
I've had the exact same problem twice. I get a message that i lost but can continue playing and the game reverts to the year 246 BC.
Question: does the script continue running uninterupted after that or is the game bust? I can still see the victory conditions but I just can't tell whether thigs ae going ok or not.

The_Mark
01-13-2006, 15:06
The game should be fine, just consider it as a temporary glitch in the game, which is really all that it is.