PDA

View Full Version : curiosity, probably not a bug..

Big_John
12-28-2005, 21:13
playing as karthadast:

around 261bc, i suddenly came into possession of rapsa (near the sahara). afaik, there was no announcement or anything, just suddenly i had that city? is this scripting? did it have something to do with the unseen actions of the ptolemaic empire?

about two turns later, a ptolemaioi diplomat came to inform me that they had decided to break our alliance. about two turns after that they were sieging rapsa.. :stunned:

Teleklos Archelaou
12-28-2005, 21:19
Probably rebelled to you. Weird that the message didn't come up.

We wanted to keep the provinces from rebelling (from one faction) to any faction if they didn't start off controlled by a faction, but that has proven to be an elusive task. The faction_creator is the way to determine this. But it also determines two other things in addition to "rebel to": it determines what type of culture the ambient, non-buildable buildings at the game's start will be (until the settlement is upgraded with a governor's building I believe). These are the houses in the city in 272BC, until it's upgraded. And it also determines (by culture) what the strat-map icon of the city (not the *icons*, but the image of the city itself on the map) will look like prior to upgrading with the next core level building.

So we have to take all those things into account when touching the faction_creator. For the Sahara, we decided to go with a faction creator of Karthadastim. We wanted to put "slave" for these provinces' faction creators so they wouldn't rebel to any faction, but that makes the city look roman, with roman houses, and also causes weird units to appear when it rebels.

Big_John
12-28-2005, 21:50
ah ok, that makes sense. i probably just don't recall seeing the message as i was playing very late into the night.....

it's an interesting way to make me have to crush the ptolemys...