PDA

View Full Version : CTD in Casse Campaign

vizigothe
12-28-2005, 21:59
Summer 261 B.C
I control Camulosadae, Ictus and Ratae. I am building an Avodh in Ictis with 3 turns remaining til completion, a Grain Silo in Camulosadae with 3 turns remaining and just started building a Bointha Amaethon in Ratae. As well as training a Lugoae in Camulosadae. The CTD occurs during the Yuezhi's turn.

I forgot if i cancel the Bointha Amaethon is Ratae the game doesnt CTD

GoreBag
12-29-2005, 00:02
I'm here to report another CTD in my Casse campaign. The year is 267. After a few runs through, I turned off the fog of war and watched until a Seleukid army finished its move just west of Ankyra. Poof - gone. Nothing I can do can affect the course of action taken by the Seleukids, being that I'm using the Casse, so this one is pretty much unnavigable.

On the first turn of the game, there's a mysterious presence of some missing 30 000 Mnai, and I was receiving around 500 in tribute after I'd conquered the southern end of Eire. The first one is probably a bug, but is the second a bug or a feature, based on which government I chose?

Kull
12-29-2005, 00:06
I experienced a CTD also while playing as Casse. It occurs in 263BC (one of the summer quarters) during the Eleutheroi turn:

1) Multiple restarts in which I changed minor things the Casse were doing had no effect.
2) Choosing NOT to enable the script allowed the game to continue. I played a few turns without the script, then enabled it, and again there was a CTD during the Eleutheroi turn.

vizigothe
12-29-2005, 00:33
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/vizigothe/uhmmmwherearethedeserts.jpg

Apparently my Casse general has been spending too much time on the beach.

Ranika
12-29-2005, 02:56
On the first turn of the game, there's a mysterious presence of some missing 30 000 Mnai, and I was receiving around 500 in tribute after I'd conquered the southern end of Eire. The first one is probably a bug, but is the second a bug or a feature, based on which government I chose?

Can't help you too much here, but which government did you use?

GoreBag
12-29-2005, 05:00
Toutargo. I remember it being a compromise between the two (mistakenly named) Toutabrehon options.

Simetrical
12-29-2005, 05:28
To all experiencing CTDs, please follow the instructions in this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497).

On the first turn of the game, there's a mysterious presence of some missing 30 000 Mnai, and I was receiving around 500 in tribute after I'd conquered the southern end of Eire. The first one is probably a bug, but is the second a bug or a feature, based on which government I chose?The first is a "feature". We start everyone off with lots of money and then remove some of the extra from the player on the first turn, to make things harder. I don't know about the second, but isn't the tribute line something like "tribute and miscellaneous"? Or am I misremembering?

GoreBag
12-29-2005, 05:48
'Tribute and Diplomacy', actually.

khelvan
12-29-2005, 06:47
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/vizigothe/uhmmmwherearethedeserts.jpg

Apparently my Casse general has been spending too much time on the beach.Was this character not in the desert? If not, we may have a trait problem.

Ambiorix
12-29-2005, 08:58
I got the same trait during a long, tiring seige in... Caledonia.

Wardo
12-29-2005, 22:51
Playing Casse ~250BC I also got a CTD when I had all my Generals inside the Capital, some retraining, I tried again putting the Faction Leader and the Heir outside but still CTD, then on the next turn I removed all my Generals from Garrison and no more CTD, so on the following turn without CTD I sent my Generals back to retrain and no CTD occured.

I also got the Faction Leader (the guy the the Biography) to become a Desert Warrior, but I never left Britain with him.

Save-game available if desired.

Simetrical
12-30-2005, 11:13
Wardo, please follow the instructions in this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497). Thanks.

crossbow
12-30-2005, 21:41
Hello I'm a new member today, so I'm not sure whether I am replying in the correct area or whether this has already been covered....so I will apologise in advance.

Since downloading and playing EB using a clean install of RTW 1.2, I have only experienced (so far), CTD during battles. This has occurred when playing Romani against Rebels, Epeiros against Makedonia; Sweboz against Casse. The only faction that this hasn't occurred is when playing Aedui.

The CTD does not occur straight away and then only when the battle has reached some intensity and/or perhaps duration of time.

I have not experiences any CTD during the turn or building process.

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:59
Do the CTDs happen again if you refight the same battle? What if you autoresolve?