PDA

View Full Version : Bug finding idea.

the_handsome_viking
12-28-2005, 22:24
I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this but to me it seems like an efficient way to find bugs within the campaign game.

Make a list of all the factions, and then someone, (ideally one of the Europa Barbarorum team) can assign a group of people to work specifically with one faction, so that you have all these little groups of people specailizing on one faction and reporting errors relating to that faction.

I suppose it would also be a good idea to have a bug thread for every faction too.

Just a suggestion.

Reenk Roink
12-28-2005, 23:29
Yep that is a very good idea. I'm working on Epeiros right now...

No CTD bugs so far, though there were a few basic, minor things...

ScionTheWorm
12-29-2005, 03:58
yes, even though there is a collection thread bout the bugs and all, I find it hard to find out what people have already discovered because it's so spread out

the best thing imo would be a bugtracker like Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org/) on your website, since you have so many potential testers. But I guess you don't want to since you haven't set it up already..

edit: I see that one guy (simetrical) is supposed to keep track of everything and update continously. Might be as good, but poor guy ~D

Simetrical
12-29-2005, 04:49
We have Bugzilla, actually. Maybe opening it up to everyone would be a good idea?

ScionTheWorm
12-29-2005, 13:47
Oh you have it already ~D let's see..

Pros:
We'll know what bugs are found already
Easier to navigate through bugs (categorized properly)
Long term solution for eb

Cons:
We'll mess it up, double post etc.

Mujalumbo
12-29-2005, 19:07
Cons:
We'll mess it up, double post etc.
I agree more with this than the pro's. I love the mod, and greatly appreciate the effort team has put into this, but the long and short of it is, we'll #$@% it all up.

Oh, I know we have the best intentions, but we'll #@$%# it all up.

ScionTheWorm
12-30-2005, 03:44
yes we will indeed ruin it, eb will have to set up a new bugzilla on a hidden location

People seems to have become better naming topics and things like that..

These:
CTD with Pontos
Playing as Baktria - siege on Taksashila lifted
CTD/Sweboz/260 BC

better than these:
Blah!!
ok, so, now what
Help!

the_handsome_viking
12-30-2005, 19:28
If thats a problem just open a sticky thread that is called " HOW TO MAKE A BUG REPORT" and then basically tell them to describe the problem as best you can, and if it is possible, take a screen shot of the bug or error in question.

It seems fairly simple, they have a similar type of thing on the Activision technical support site where they ask you to be very specific about the problem.