PDA

View Full Version : Dancing units.

the_handsome_viking
12-29-2005, 06:15
Some units dont go into say.... 7 long 10 deep formations very well, and for some reason start to well....do the twist.... as in they turn left to right really quickly, its like they are dancing, any idea why this is happening? is this a bug?

Simmons
12-29-2005, 07:29
Sort of along similar lines my pikemen seem to jump up an down and they have trouble forming a straight line not always but it seems to happen alot in cities I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it I can provide screenshots if necessary maybe I'm the only one.

NightStar
12-29-2005, 07:44
Happened to my general's bodyguard as Sweboz. Started dancing this freaky disco. I just thought "WTF a victory dance...and the battle isn't over yet"
~:confused:

Conqueror
12-29-2005, 15:36
I also get the pikemen jumping up and down thing though it's actually that their feet sink into the ground and then they pop back up, only to sink down again.

Samnite Warrior
12-29-2005, 16:35
I noted the same dancing-movement with phalanx oplites.....then, sometimes......the soldiers show their back to the enemies .....during the battle.....
bye....
Rolf.......excuse my english please!

Ergion
12-29-2005, 19:20
Happened to my general's bodyguard as Sweboz. Started dancing this freaky disco. I just thought "WTF a victory dance...and the battle isn't over yet"
~:confused:

Yes, I also saw it.

Simetrical
12-30-2005, 11:17
Thank you for reporting this. We'll probably get around to looking into it eventually.

Tux
12-30-2005, 11:41
Ok guys does this happens only at sarisae/pike units?
So that we can fix this we need to know at wich type of skeletons(archer,swordsman,axeman,etc.) this happens.

Simmons
12-30-2005, 16:26
I've only seen the sinking into the ground with pikemen, also I don't know if its related but they stop a few meters short of where they should.

Spendios
12-30-2005, 16:47
This occured to me only when fighting in cities, the units involved were machimoi phalangitai and hoplitai mercenaries.

NightStar
12-30-2005, 22:55
Well the General's bodyguard for Sweboz is not a phalanx or a phalangite. They are swordsmen so, it doesn't only happen to phalangites

tk-421
12-30-2005, 23:50
I've noticed that the macedonian pezhetairoi jump up down. I haven't seen any of the lesser Macedonian pikemen or my hoplites jump.

tk-421
01-01-2006, 06:08
I think that it has to do with terrain or formation and not the type of phalangite. I fougt a battle where the computer had a pezhetairoi and to taxeis phalangitai, both standing still on a hill. The units where not in a phalanx and they were all hopping. The computer also had a pezhetairoi unit for reinforcements. It was in a phalanx and standing still on level ground. It was not hopping.

EdwardL
01-01-2006, 15:01
yes i recall playing macedon with a phalanx unit that started to dance.. cant remember what particular unit, but that it was angled facing down on a hillside.

Tux
01-01-2006, 17:00
Thanks everyone for all the reports. The problem is related to the animations,some animations were done buggy by my fellow animator prometheus, who did the sarisae animation, and some weren't changed at all :oops: i'll be fixing them soon and in a future patch you will get this fixed.
As for the german bodyguards they are actualy an axeman and it seems an animation is buggy...

Teleklos Archelaou
01-01-2006, 17:12
That's great to hear alin! Glad to have you back around during the break!! :balloon2: