PDA

View Full Version : Script Error

NightStar
12-29-2005, 08:11
I have started EB up like 3 times and played only as Sweboz. Now when I try to start EB this error message occurs

Script Error in data/settlement_plans/roman_village.txt at line 9, column 16
File data/settlement_plans/borders/roman_village_limits. CAS does not exist

And the game doesn't start.

khelvan
12-29-2005, 08:15
This was caused by an installation error in RTW, 1.2, EB, or a corruption due to some other issue. The EB install itself will not cause this, so I suggest reinstalling EB; however, that file is a vanilla file so there may be an issue with RTW that a reinstall of EB can't fix.

NightStar
12-29-2005, 08:19
Strange, cause I managed to start EB at least 3 times until the error occurred, and I have played RTW with various mods and never had a script error before.

But never mind, I'll just reinstall again and see what happens

khelvan
12-29-2005, 09:00
I don't know what to tell you; we don't touch that file. Sorry... :questiong:

NightStar
12-30-2005, 09:23
Well....it fixed itself....somehow, didn't do anything and suddenly it I could start up EB again, and let's hope it stays that way. :rtwyes:

EPA
01-01-2006, 03:43
Well....it fixed itself....somehow, didn't do anything and suddenly it I could start up EB again, and let's hope it stays that way. :rtwyes:

I got this exact same problum but i was unable to play once. I re-installed it but got the same message it read..
: Script error in data/descr_event_images.txt,at line623,column1. unknown event string faction_deafeated_by_player

Both times When i installed 1.2 patch and tried to play RTW it did'nt play Could this have something to do with it? What do I do?

MeroFromVero
01-01-2006, 04:22
Both times When i installed 1.2 patch and tried to play RTW it did'nt play Could this have something to do with it?

Now, I'm no computer expert, but I think I would've taken that as a bad omen. You could probably fix that by uninstalling and re-installing from the beginning. Install RTW, install 1.2, check and see if it works, and then install EB if 1.2 works.

But I re-iterate, I'm no computer expert. I'm sure somebody around here could probably give you better advice.

EPA
01-01-2006, 04:57
Now, I'm no computer expert, but I think I would've taken that as a bad omen. You could probably fix that by uninstalling and re-installing from the beginning. Install RTW, install 1.2, check and see if it works, and then install EB if 1.2 works.

But I re-iterate, I'm no computer expert. I'm sure somebody around here could probably give you better advice.

That is what i did the very first time i attempted it, my fault not to mention it, I installed it once got a strange message similar to the other one but found its problum. So I re-installed RTW then 1.2, the problum was i did'nt extract 1.2 files to RTW directory, so i then installed EB and got the message i orginally posted.