PDA

View Full Version : big CTD bug

Telesforo
12-29-2005, 15:49
Well this is a very strange bug: by 2 days i text it and dont realize the cause.
I was playing Roma and had all Italy in Winter 211 end turn and just before laoding my turn game crashes.
Try to realod and repeat ( the turn had not strange activity just movement of troops) it crashed again just before to begin next turn, tried 6 times then file became corupted and crashed my pc if I tried to load it
Then I tried in lasting save game 212 winter first time when I went in 211 the game crashed again as before.
2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th crashed at once in 212 It seemed that event happening in AI turn crashed the game.
The 7th time.... all good!!!! I went in new turn !
The game told me that Aedui bribed a my city( Regio). BUT...
date became 242 BC . 30 years before!

The cause could be
1) a bug connected to a failed bribe..
2) or something connected on military Roman reform ( whemn the first reform has to happen?) cause I played by 242 to 221 BC and no more bug happened.

Just a suggestion: lowered cavalry unit at 80 men because horsemen used double space of infantrymen in a batteline and many times his food in a logistic way

Teleklos Archelaou
12-29-2005, 16:54
211 - that's pretty far. I'd love to see the campaign map to see AI distribution if you don't mind posting it. :grin:

(One thing to try after a problematic CTD is to not load the scripts for one turn, then if it makes it through the turn load them when the guy pops up.)

Chester
12-29-2005, 17:21
I got to 221 without loading, so save bug did not kick in.

Carthage takes over most of Africa and most of Iberia, it's borders in Africa stop around Alexandria, Ptolemaic takes over from there.

All of Arabia is taken over by Seleucids. THey also control the entire regions surrounding pergmon and halicanarsus. Infact, they own almost all of their starting regions, save a few northern ones, Baktria has those.

The far east is totally covered by factions. Well divided up too. The North is divided up between the new faction (Yeushi?) Haysdan, Sarmatians, and armenians. Pontos did not move though.

Adeui conquered all of Gaul the Averni did nothing, same with brition, they expanded nill. Aduei did not attack averni either, though they were always at war.

THe sweboz have all of Germania and the Getai took over all of central europe.

Macedon, Greeks,and Epries did not move much.

So far there has been little interaction between western factions, infact none at all. THe only battles are between Iberia and Carthage.

I was rome.

The_Mark
12-29-2005, 17:21
It isn't the first Roman reforms, they're due 209. Can you upload/send your saved game to me/Simetrical/Teleklos so we can have a look at the possible causes of the CTD?

I second Teleklos on the map screenie request, though :grin:

Telesforo
12-29-2005, 17:33
Who wants the save files give me the mail address i did not find the way to insert teh file in this forum post system

Greek_fire19
12-29-2005, 17:41
You can use imageshack.us

Here's a map of 246 B.C.

I was the Casse, and I had absolutely no interaction with other factions whatsoever, I doubt they even knew I existed.

One interesting thing you'll note is that somehow from the other side of the world the Aedui took over Galacia. Is that just a random fluke or have Eb made it more likely for celts in various places to join forces?

https://img326.imageshack.us/img326/530/map6iw.th.jpg (https://img326.imageshack.us/my.php?image=map6iw.jpg)

EDIT: I'v played a few campaigns to about this stage now, and from what I'v seen this is pretty typical. Noone becomes the absolute supreme power and basicaly noone is totally destroyed. In fact it seems as if the A.I is perhaps actually more cautious in EB, in partiuclar in it's dealings with other A.I factions.

I played on with that particular campaign for about another 5 years, but nothing much happened so I didnt bother taking another screenshot. I took over Ireland and the bactrians took those 2 rebel provinces near the caspian sea. The Macedonians expanded into asia minor a bit after a few seleucid provinces rebeled and I think carthage lost another iberian province

Teleklos Archelaou
12-29-2005, 17:46
You can use imageshack.us

Here's a map of 246 B.C.

I was the Casse, and I had absolutely no interaction with other factions whatsoever, I doubt they even knew I existed.

https://img326.imageshack.us/img326/530/map6iw.th.jpg (https://img326.imageshack.us/my.php?image=map6iw.jpg)

EDIT: I'v played a few campaigns to about this stage now, and from what I'v seen this is pretty typical. Noone becomes the absolute supreme power and basicaly noone is totally destroyed. In fact it seems as if the A.I is perhaps actually more cautious in EB, in partiuclar in it's dealings with other A.I factions.

I played on with that particular campaign for about another 5 years, but nothing much happened so I didnt bother taking another screenshot. I took over Ireland and the bactrians took those 2 rebel provinces near the caspian sea. The Macedonians expanded into asia minor a bit after a few seleucid provinces rebeled and I think carthage lost another iberian province
Sweet! I made a new thread just for this. Can you move this post over there?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1019129#post1019129

The_Mark
12-29-2005, 17:47
Who wants the save files give me the mail address i did not find the way to insert teh file in this forum post system
markku_alho ät hotmail.com

Chester
12-29-2005, 17:50
How to you get screen shots? Where do they save to?

The_Mark
12-29-2005, 18:09
Pressing Print Screen saves a .tga screenshot in the tga folder in you main RTW folder.

Simetrical
12-30-2005, 11:19
Telesforo, try following the instructions in this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497).

The_Mark
12-30-2005, 14:58
Telesforo, judging from your save game you have forgotten to run the background script at some point. The number of turns you have played is a few turns smaller 128, which is the equivalent of 32 4-season years. From that, the date in your game *should* be around 242 BC. The fact that most of your characters, even those in their sixties, have the trait "Young". This implies that you've been playing with 2 turns per year for some time.

In addition to that, there was no crash in winter 212/summer 242. The Aedui bribed Region just as you described, but it crashed on pressing end turn on the next turn. That could've just been my computer, though. Uploading the save to TWCenter repository.

Divinus Arma
12-31-2005, 05:46
deleted.