PDA

View Full Version : Family members

Wishazu
12-30-2005, 22:45
BORED! everytime i leave a family member in a town to govern they become bored after only a few turns. is this a bug or a feature as im finding it difficult to build up effective governors. Also is it supposed to be next to impossible to make any money? playing as the Casse i was actually conquered by the rebels because i could not afford to train any more troops other than what i started with. Im having the same problem with the greeks, every turn that goes by im getting at least 3 grand deeper into debt.

khelvan
12-31-2005, 00:32
On the "bored" trait, this should generally be obtained by "vigorous" characters, if I recall correctly. Not every character should be getting it. Some like to just hang out and do nothing.

On the economics - yes. The choice is to have a standing army, to use the army in conquest and then disband it, to disband it right away, or to build up the cities economically. You should bankrupt yourself quickly if you have a huge standing army. This is designed to make you choose as one had to choose in the past, and to make your choice mean something.

The first few turns are going to be exceptionally hard, but rest assured that we simply can't make the end game as difficult as we would like.

MeroFromVero
12-31-2005, 01:09
BORED! everytime i leave a family member in a town to govern they become bored after only a few turns. is this a bug or a feature as im finding it difficult to build up effective governors.

Many of the traits are temporary. I've noticed "Gloomy" and "Under the Weather" seem come and go. I've had "Testy" once too, but that also only lasted a couple of turns.

I've only got Bored once, and as the tooltip description for that trait advised that I take the character for a walk... that's what I did, and by the time he finished his move order he wasn't bored anymore.

Wishazu
12-31-2005, 01:29
i`ll give the walking a try then. However one of my family members in my greek game became bored after conquering Korinthos he hadnt even spent a turn there as the korinthian army sallied out, i destroyed them, took the town and then when it was my turn he was bored :(

As to not earning any money khelvan, i was mainly referring to my attempt to play as the Casse, i didnt train any additional units other than what i started with, i took some casualties from taking a town then was promptly conquered by a rebel army coming from wales, it was much larger than my initial army. This happened to me twice before i gave up as Casse. However im having a reasonably successfull game as the greeks at the moment, If only the damn pirates would stop blockading my ports!!! lol