PDA

View Full Version : Rome CTD - Karalis

Rogueagle
12-31-2005, 07:03
The situation is that i am trying to take Karalis with Rome. I have to fight a battle (that is actually tough for me to win, even on easy - then again, i don't have the time to play through it on hard...takes much longer...and i don't hink i'm very skilled anyways). What happens is that after the battle, it seems to finish loading the map, i hear the music, but before the map screen actually shows up, it CTDs. I have reloaded the save to see if it happens again, and it does. Its not a case when the besieging army is attacked or anything (if i press end turn then the besieging army gets attacked....and i can't win that battle), so its happening during my turn, not the AI turn. On hindsight, its not a battle i should have started in the first place, but i rather foolishly forgot about that rather competent general sitting in Karalis, even with my spy there. I'm sorry i can't be of more help...i'm not much of a beta tester, but since i've always been a stickler for historical accuracy, this mod grabbed my attention months ago and i couldn't resist the chance to try it. I do have the save game, if someone wants to look at that, and i hope this helps you all in your bug tracking.

As a side note, the mod itself is incredibly impressive, thus far...the only things that have actually bothered me (obviously aside from the unfinished descriptions and the CTD, both of which i understand from it being a beta, and accept without complaint) is the faction swap thing...kinda takes away the immersion from both rome and the seleukids ( i understand why this happened and can wait for the patch), and the excessive sprouting of rebels (or so it seems to me). I hear the latter is a cause of the version of RTW used, but perhaps its also just meant to reflect history...i honestly do not know, and am just stating that which i found a bit annoying. However, generally, this is an absolutely astounding mod. My highest compliments to the creators.

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:55
Try following the instructions here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497).