PDA

View Full Version : Sarmatian buglets

nikolai1962
12-31-2005, 08:57
UPDATE 1.

You probably know most of these but never mind.

General:

Faction selection screen says Sarmatians instead of Sauramatae

Buildings:

My codes:
TMP = Translate me please
ND = New description wanted
RP = Roman barracks picture in the building info scroll
RI = Roman barracks Icon.

NB. The two buildings with the roman barracks icon (small nomadic settlement and tavern) *also* did not appear in the sarmation building tree, which may be a clue. they were available to build when destroyed but don't appear in the building browser.

(this may be something to do with hidden resources if you use them for the building options as i had something like that once. maybe not)

Place of assembly: TMP, ND
Small Palace: TMP, ND
Large palace: TMP, ND

Wooden pallisade: TMP, ND
Wooden wall: ND

The palaces and walls also had "requires: government1 - should not appear, government2 - should not appear" etc

Trader: TMP, ND
Market: ND

Tavern: TMP, RP, RI, also "warning this text should not appear" in the description field

Blacksmith: TMP

Trading dock: ND

Roads: TMP, ND

Field of games: RP

Town garrison: TMP, RP

Healer: TMP, RP

Granary: TMP, RP

River Port: TMP, RP

Hunting Grounds: TMP

Mines: ND (also the mines scroll says +200 but my finances only say +80 from mining)

Small Nomadic settlement: TMP, RP, RI (not visible in building browser so dunno about higher levels)

Warlord's camp: TMP, RP

Royal camp: TMP, RP

High King's camp: TMP, RP

Warlord's Courts: TMP, RP

Royal Court: TMP, RP

High King's Court: TMP, RP (also scroll says "enables High King's Herds" but this text is offset to the right and partially obscured.

====================================

Units:

Sauramatae foot archers (Sauramatae Fistaeg Fat Aexdzhyntae) have 0 upkeep.

Sauramatae horse archers (Sauramatae Fat Aexsdzhyntae) have peasant icon.

Ragon Sauramatae Vaezdaettae (early noble cavalry): typo in description
"They are, however, [[[not]]] suitable nor prepared..." missing the "not"

Generals have pontic bodyguards

may be intentional but starting foot archers are all Thanvabara (parthian?) instead of sauramatae

may be intentional but all starting horse archers are aursi (Aursa Baexdzhyntae) instead of the sauramatae ones.

=====================================

If/when i ever get enough cash to actually build/recruit anything i may spot some more stuff :)

No CTD's though.

The battles so far have all worked out in a very excellent and believable way. I quit my first campaign after losing my one and only army to a much larger force of rebels i thought i could beat if i cheesed the ai enough. Wrong.

I picked the sarmatians to beta test as i don't like the steppe factions much and wanted to save the surprise factor on my beloved romani until the buglets were ironed out, so it is hard to judge the gameplay and enjoyment factors. Considering how much i dislike steppe factions it has been pretty cool which makes me look forward to the romans :)

Visually excellent in every way.

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:55
Thanks a lot for your reports. The problems have all been noted and will hopefully be dealt with soon. (Be aware, however, that mine income is a vanilla issue that we can't effectively deal with.)

nikolai1962
01-02-2006, 03:28
Some more stuff.

1) river port available at town level but requires market (large town)

2) Pallisade not buildable with nomadcamps (it has gov requirements which includes nomadic settlement but doesn't include warlord camp)

3) Healer appears in browser as it requires all factions but it also requires sewers which nomads can't build. Are they meant to be able to build them if they capture a place with sewers or should the healer have the same faction requirements as the sewers?

4) Granary shows up in sarm build tree in regions with nomad hidden resource even though the momad resource prevents the basic farming which is a requirement for granaries. (See later point about "not" conditions.)

5) 4th level of nomadcamp (parthian only) has a governor_house requirement instead of governer_palace. not sure it would ever effect anything but mention it anyway.

6) The first level barracks building has a requirement for the small nomadic settlement but some (at least, seems like all unless i've missed some) of the unit recruitment lines say:

"recruit "barb frame harjoz germania" 0 requires factions { armenia, pontus, } and building_present_min_level nomadherd warlordh and not building_present_min_level nomadsett smallstlmnt"

which makes them unrecruitable unless i am missing something.

7) While trying to make the tavern display properly i found:

a) by changing the require line from:

tavern requires factions { barbarian, armenia, seleucid, }

to tavern requires factions { spain, gauls, germans, britons, dacia, scythia, armenia, seleucid, } i.e explicit factions rather than culture groups i got a tavern graphic instead of the generic roman barracks. admittedly it was a roman tavern but i thought i'd mention it just in case it is the culture groups messing up some of the buildings.

b) also i found that "not" conditions can stop buildings being displayed in the building tree.

so when i changed the other part of the requirement from:

"and not building_present_min_level government_type4 type4"

to

"and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 or building_present_min_level government_type2 type2lvl2 or building_present_min_level government_type3 type3 or building_present_min_level nomadcamp smallstlmnt or building_present_min_level nomadherd warlordh"

the tavern appeared in the building browser.

8) The same applies to other things like the farms. If you have a hidden_resource "farming" to add to mixed and nomad then instead of

"and not nomad" you have "and mixed or farming"

basic farming shows up in the browser.

9) Lastly an experiment i wanted to try after reading a modding thread about having multiple upgrades in a building block. One of your buildings people may be interested in as it can be used to free up building blocks.

Instead of the two nomadic government types: nomadsett and nomadcamp i tried this:

building nomadcamp
{
levels tempgrazing smallstlmnt bigstlmnt warlordm royalm highkingm shahrdarm
{
tempgrazing requires factions { armenia, pontus, parthia, }
{
capability
{
}
construction 1
cost 200
settlement_min village
upgrades
{
smallstlmnt
warlordm
}
}
smallstlmnt requires factions { armenia, pontus, }
{
settlement_min town
upgrades
{
bigstlmnt
}
}
bigstlmnt requires factions { armenia, pontus, }
{
settlement_min large_town
upgrades
{
}
}
warlordm requires factions { armenia, pontus, parthia, }
{
settlement_min town
upgrades
{
royalm
}
}
royalm requires factions { armenia, pontus, parthia, }
{
settlement_min large_town
upgrades
{
highkingm
}
}
highkingm requires factions { armenia, pontus, parthia, }
{
settlement_min city
upgrades
{
shahrdarm
}
}
shahrdarm requires factions { parthia, }
{
settlement_min city
upgrades
{
}
}
}
plugins
{
}
}

This works and displays properly in the browser (as long as not conditions are replaced with positive ones i.e "and farming or mixed" instead of "not nomad")

also conditionals like this work:

"and building_present_min_level nomadcamp smallstlmnt and not building_present_min_level nomadcamp warlordm"

e.g for the barracks only being buildable if the nomadic settlement government option is built.

I don't really understand how your recruitment works so it may not fit but if it does this method would do away with the nomadsett building block and possibly others too. I haven't checked out the farming trees but they could possibly be combined this way as well.

Simetrical
01-02-2006, 08:43
Some of that is very interesting. I've forwarded it to the team. The ordinary bugs, of course, are noted in the usual fashion.

2) Pallisade not buildable with nomadcamps (it has gov requirements which includes nomadic settlement but doesn't include warlord camp)This isn't intentional? I wouldn't expect a nomadic camp to have walls.

nikolai1962
01-02-2006, 10:49
This isn't intentional? I wouldn't expect a nomadic camp to have walls.

No idea :)

Teleklos Archelaou
01-02-2006, 18:33
Ah. I believe pedro really wanted the no-wall thing for the nomadic camps. I'll have to look for the post later. I am busy today but will try to get to some of this. There is some really good stuff here. :2thumbsup:

nikolai1962
01-03-2006, 11:58
Ah. I believe pedro really wanted the no-wall thing for the nomadic camps.

I thought it might be intentional. More of a building browser issue maybe.

Dram
11-17-2006, 07:07
Ragon Sauramatae Vaezdaettae (early noble cavalry): typo in description
"They are, however, [[[not]]] suitable nor prepared..." missing the "not"

I noticed that this unit in particular has very odd stats.

The picture shows the horse clad in a metal front guard, while the rider is equipped with a scale coat and helm. Despite this, the unit has only 3 armour value, which is the same value as the basic sarmatian horse archers who only wear clothes and have unarmoured horses. The melee value is also lower.

The description for them says that their strength compared to normal horse archers is that they have the advantages of armour and melee ability so I'm assuming this must be an oversight.

Kull
11-22-2006, 17:19
I noticed that this unit in particular has very odd stats.

The picture shows the horse clad in a metal front guard, while the rider is equipped with a scale coat and helm. Despite this, the unit has only 3 armour value, which is the same value as the basic sarmatian horse archers who only wear clothes and have unarmoured horses. The melee value is also lower.

The description for them says that their strength compared to normal horse archers is that they have the advantages of armour and melee ability so I'm assuming this must be an oversight.

The sec armor stats are for the horse, and do reflect a significant difference (4 vs. 0). As to the rest, I've asked our statters to look into it.